The Student Room Group

Official C4 Exam Discussion WJEC - 13/06/13

Hi, this thread is for those of us who specifically study with WJEC.

If you'd like general a level maths and f.maths help go to the "Mega A Level Maths Thread"

C4 is approaching! We can share tips and advice. And also ask questions here...

This exam clashes with my GCSE Chemistry exam :frown: I personally find vectors a pain :redface:

Any ideas, post away!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hi, this thread is for those of us who specifically study with WJEC.

If you'd like general a level maths and f.maths help go to the "Mega A Level Maths Thread"

C4 is approaching! We can share tips and advice. And also ask questions here...

This exam clashes with my GCSE Chemistry exam :frown: I personally find vectors a pain :redface:

Any ideas, post away!

You find C4 vectors a pain? :tongue: there's nothing to C4 vectors really, FP3 vectors on the other hand...
Reply 2
Original post by justinawe
You find C4 vectors a pain? :tongue: there's nothing to C4 vectors really, FP3 vectors on the other hand...

:yes: I do!
Reply 3
Bump.
Reply 4
Hated the exam.
Probably failed.
I haven't seen one person who found it easy. When I saw that 8 mark vector question I was like there's the A* gone. I think I came to a valid answer for it though. So maybe I've done well. Grade boundries should be low. hopefully. Do you know if its 90% in both c3 and c4 or a total of 180?
Reply 6
Original post by Lizard cream
I haven't seen one person who found it easy. When I saw that 8 mark vector question I was like there's the A* gone. I think I came to a valid answer for it though. So maybe I've done well. Grade boundries should be low. hopefully. Do you know if its 90% in both c3 and c4 or a total of 180?

Total of 180.

If I knew what a "foot" was I'd have been okay. Dropped my marks there :frown:

And one mark on I.B.S (substitution)

Well done though:smile:
Total of 180.

If I knew what a "foot" was I'd have been okay. Dropped my marks there :frown:

And one mark on I.B.S (substitution)

Well done though:smile:

Ok thanks c3 went well and with the grade boundries on this being low there is still a chance. I always thought you had to get 90% in each so when I came out I was like there's the A* gone.

Yea it took me a good 10 minites to work out what they were asking. My teacher had done up to q7 and I seem to have only dropped a couple of marks up to the point. Luckily I had loads of spare time to do the hard questions. Not enough to check for mistakes though so probably went down a few marks there.

U seem really good at maths when I see you on here so I'm sure you've done awesome. :smile:
Reply 8
Ok thanks c3 went well and with the grade boundries on this being low there is still a chance. I always thought you had to get 90% in each so when I came out I was like there's the A* gone.

Yea it took me a good 10 minites to work out what they were asking. My teacher had done up to q7 and I seem to have only dropped a couple of marks up to the point. Luckily I had loads of spare time to do the hard questions. Not enough to check for mistakes though so probably went down a few marks there.

U seem really good at maths when I see you on here so I'm sure you've done awesome. :smile:

Aah, C3 was decent, but I lost marks on not stating both intervals for.modulus... And the last question I messed up... Completely...

I ran out of time, I did them all. All I did was show that it was perpendicular, not that B was the intersection :frown:

Thank you:smile: I'll resit next year for the A* :redface:
Reply 9
I think I did awful, there go my A* dreams :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I wrote on the vectors question:

There goes my A* :frown:

:teehee:
I wrote on the vectors question:

There goes my A* :frown:

:teehee:

I was about to say why can't you just word it in a way for us to understand what your asking or draw us a diagram.

It annoys me when a relatively simple question can't be done because the wording of a question is so bad.
Reply 12
I was about to say why can't you just word it in a way for us to understand what your asking or draw us a diagram.

It annoys me when a relatively simple question can't be done because the wording of a question is so bad.

That's what has made me upset... :frown:
Hated the exam.
Probably failed.

Do you have the paper?
Reply 14
Original post by bananarama2
Do you have the paper?

I'm annoyed now, all my methods were right. Lost marks.on arithmetic...

Eg 12-2= 11 (which ruined the equation of a line...)

And 5.5t-3t = 1.5t which ruined my differential equations...

Anyway, the paper...

There's another thread where the paper has been discussed and there's a copy of the paper there

Wanna forget about this, 10 marks lost through stupidity and arithmetic
I'm annoyed now, all my methods were right. Lost marks.on arithmetic...

Eg 12-2= 11 (which ruined the equation of a line...)

And 5.5t-3t = 1.5t which ruined my differential equations...

Anyway, the paper...

There's another thread where the paper has been discussed and there's a copy of the paper there

Wanna forget about this, 10 marks lost through stupidity and arithmetic

Don't worry, you have another two years :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by bananarama2
Don't worry, you have another two years :biggrin:

I should have got 100 UMS on that paper... Next year -.- with FP1, FP2, S2 and M2 hopefully, if I self teach properly.
I know it's been a while, but does anyone else think it's worth complaining about the wording in the last vector question ("foot of the perpendicular" ["gwaelod y perpendiciwlar" for those who did it in Welsh])? Had they just said "the point of intersection of AB and L" then I, as I think many of us, would have known exactly what had to be done - it was the terminology that threw me. What do people think?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
How did everyone do? I got 93, but my C3 was terrible...
How did everyone do? I got 93, but my C3 was terrible...

Ive got A* . 97 in c4 and 83 in c3. I feel so lucky!!!

Quick Reply