The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Yh basically so correct, however, just make sure you know this in detail.

Active transport is the movement of particles from an area of low concentration, to an area of high concentration , which is against the concentration gradient.

How much more detail can I go into? And correct!
Original post by lolface32
How much more detail can I go into? And correct!

Like the 'shielding effect' as the electron is in the outer shell, the distance between the electron and the positive nucleus is increased causing there to be less attraction forces, the electrons in the inner shell also create a shielding affect which causes the electron/atom to be more easily lost, hence the decrease in reactivitiy :smile:
Urm, how do you remove the temporary hardness of hardwater...?
Reply 363
Urm, how do you remove the temporary hardness of hardwater...?

Have not touched on that bit of C3 yet:frown: Will do tomorrow!
Have not touched on that bit of C3 yet:frown: Will do tomorrow!

ahh okay mate, :smile:. Biology: what is transpiration? and what conditions increase the rate of it?
Reply 365
ahh okay mate, :smile:. Biology: what is transpiration? and what conditions increase the rate of it?

It is water loss from evaporation and/or diffusion. Not been taught how the rate is increased but I am assuming that the surface area of the leaf could be increased. Conditions outside the leaf could be dryer than inside, thus increasing the rate? I'm naat suuureee:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 366

Evaluate the use of Artificial ventilators!
It is water loss from evaporation and/or diffusion. Not been taught how the rate is increased but I am assuming that the surface area of the leaf could be increased. Conditions outside the leaf could be dryer than inside, thus increasing the rate? I'm naat suuureee:frown::frown::frown:

well done you got the definition write :biggrin:, it increases in sunny,dry and windy conditions :wink:
Reply 368
well done you got the definition write :biggrin:, it increases in sunny,dry and windy conditions :wink:

You sure there is nothing about surface area or concentration of water outside the plant ?:tongue:

How are alveoli adapted for diffusion?
You sure there is nothing about surface area or concentration of water outside the plant ?:tongue:

How are alveoli adapted for diffusion?

yhh im pretty sure :smile:,

Urm, they have a large surface area, they're ventilated as c02 comes to the alveoli and o2 is exchanged which provides a steep concentration gradient, the have a good blood supply as they are close to the capillaries, the alveoli are thin and only one cell thick which increase the diffusion path and lasty they're spherical which increases the surface area :smile:
what is the flame colour for positive metail ion tests for: lithium,barium and potassium?
Reply 371
what is the flame colour for positive metail ion tests for: lithium,barium and potassium?

Last one, just downloaded the hobbit and gonna watch it!
Potassium= Lilac
Barium= Green
Lithium was a red-ish type colour:tongue: Again, barely revised this stuff!

You wanna do some more tomorrow?:smile:
Last one, just downloaded the hobbit and gonna watch it!
Potassium= Lilac
Barium= Green
Lithium was a red-ish type colour:tongue: Again, barely revised this stuff!

You wanna do some more tomorrow?:smile:

Well done, lithium is crimson :wink:, and yeah okay, what time roughly?
Reply 373
Well done, lithium is crimson :wink:, and yeah okay, what time roughly?

15:00?
15:00?

Okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got the link to get the cgp papers for our spec???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got the link to get the cgp papers for our spec???

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are CPG papers?
Original post by NightStrider
There are CPG papers?

Apparently so :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here is a question I need a bit of help with. For calculations using bond energies, you get an overall energy change in kJ/mol. But what is it per mole of?
Reply 379
Original post by NightStrider
Here is a question I need a bit of help with. For calculations using bond energies, you get an overall energy change in kJ/mol. But what is it per mole of?

Say it is a (H-Cl) bond, the bond energy would be 432 kJ/mol for each compund of this type. I don't see what is confusing about it :tongue:

Quick Reply