The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

checked out the public library today for the first time, they had quite a few shelves of manga there :coma: in french of course :p:

also checked out this small anime/manga shop in town and it was :awesome:

should have went to these places earlier :pinch:

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Sad days :frown: it'll be interesting to see how many threads are actually started about anime since the move. The move could work wonders or destroy us.

Away from the doom and gloom :biggrin: its time to plough on with the list I knocked up a while ago.

yeah we need to keep bumping up our anime threads :yep: and we could also make as many threads as we can and take over TV :teeth: :ninja:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
While I much prefer the art style of the manga, I'm more than happy to give the anime a chance - it's not as though I have to stop reading the manga to do so. The 'realistic', rotoscoped animation style may even suit some scenes more than the 'cuter' manga style, if handled well.

I read all the comments on the fansubber's site, as well as two different download sites, because I couldn't get enough of the rage. :giggle:

Yeah, the rage was just crazy!

If I'm honest, I would have been happier if the rotoscoped animation was saved for certain particular scenes. Having said that, it worked decently and overall the first episode was definitely positive. The story line seems good and the soundtrack worked really well.

I actually thought the rotoscope looked good when the school kids were walking to school.

Otherwise, Hataraku Maou-Sama was hilarious! I can't wait for the next episode. Genuinely laugh out loud.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru also gave some laughs, especially during the fast paced arguing/debating. It's nothing original/ground breaking but worth watching if you have time.

Karneval had a promising first episode. I don't really like one of the main guys Nai, but the Circus people are just too damn cool.

Red Data Girl was okay. I'm pretty sure it will get better as the story develops.

However, Photo Kano was a bit of a let down. I was looking for something a bit more serious and less... pervy. lol. I'll give it a few more episodes and see how it goes.

I'm still really looking forward Attack on Titan and Suisei no Gargantia!
Original post by Top Hats

However, Photo Kano was a bit of a let down. I was looking for something a bit more serious and less... pervy. lol. I'll give it a few more episodes and see how it goes.

Mmm. When he chose the pervy photo club I internally shouted DROPPED at the screen.

Oh boy, Jojo finishing soon!~ I wonder if they'll top the dubstep squirrel. (accidentally slightly spoiled the ending for myself a while ago but I've successfully brain bleached it out~)
Just finished Baka and test and it was easily one of the bet anime I have watched and I could watch it all again and not get bored of it I really hope there is a season 3 thought it doesn't seem likely does anyone know ?
Reply 4404
Ok, some random thoughts from me...

Magi had the potential to be a lot better than it was, but the meagre episode count of 25 resulted in something that was rushed nearing the end, and the gradual drop in animation quality didn't help. I think the premise and setting for this series was really interesting, and the characters were more than likeable, so it's a shame. Not to suggest that it's bad, though. It was enjoyable to watch, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes action, adventure and fantasy. Ultimately, it would have fared better as a longer running series, even 50 episodes would have probably sufficed. I'm not sure what the television ratings were for this, which'll determine whether a second season is on the cards, but here's to hoping.

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiri was nothing special, and I certainly didn't go into this expecting that, but it did gradually get better nearing the end as the characters grew on me. All in all, a pretty standard harem romance series. If you're into this genre, I would recommend it.

Girls und Panzer, as I've mentioned before, was actually pretty good in the end, despite the 'face palm' premise. The battles were animated really well. The CGI for the tanks didn't seem misplaced at all, which is often the case, and were exciting to watch, especially the climax during the last episode. If you can look past the fact that all of the characters are cute "moe" girls, and for some I'm sure that's a bonus, the battles alone are worth watching.

Ok, my plan today is to dive into the new season, namely to watch the first episode of everything that's aired thus far. Before that, though, I'm going to finish off Saki Achiga-hen episode of Side A.
Original post by Aiko
Magi had the potential to be a lot better than it was, but the meagre episode count of 25 resulted in something that was rushed nearing the end, and the gradual drop in animation quality didn't help. I think the premise and setting for this series was really interesting, and the characters were more than likeable, so it's a shame. Not to suggest that it's bad, though. It was enjoyable to watch, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes action, adventure and fantasy. Ultimately, it would have fared better as a longer running series, even 50 episodes would have probably sufficed. I'm not sure what the television ratings were for this, which'll determine whether a second season is on the cards, but here's to hoping.

A second season was announced immediately after the first ended. :yes: Apparently the end of the first series was anime original, but it will be returning to the manga plotline for the sequel.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-31/magi-anime-gets-sequel-this-fall
Reply 4406
Original post by AngryJellyfish
A second season was announced immediately after the first ended. :yes: Apparently the end of the first series was anime original, but it will be returning to the manga plotline for the sequel.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-31/magi-anime-gets-sequel-this-fall

Ah, awesome. I didn't bother waiting until the ED finished. That's good to know. :smile:
Reply 4407
:hmmm:Well I just started magi. Seen 3 eps and I like it. :smile: Setting is refreshing and colourful. :smile: During the OP I thought the blond character was a girl though. it's been quite a few years since my anime gender radar has been off. :lolwut:
Reply 4408
Original post by vin
:hmmm:Well I just started magi. Seen 3 eps and I like it. :smile: Setting is refreshing and colourful. :smile: During the OP I thought the blond character was a girl though. it's been quite a few years since my anime gender radar has been off. :lolwut:

Aha, really? I suppose I can see where you're coming from. :giggle:

Also, Skype? :poke:
Anyone depressed that fairy tail anime has stopped? I know I am. ;_;
Reply 4410
Original post by eggfriedrice
Anyone depressed that fairy tail anime has stopped? I know I am. ;_;

My friend Rika, who is a big fan of the series, mentioned that Mashima tweeted that it's not ending indefinitely, it will return at some point. I don't know how true this is as I haven't personally looked into it. Still encouraging news, though. :smile: I really need to get back into Fairy Tail.
Original post by Aiko
My friend Rika, who is a big fan of the series, mentioned that Mashima tweeted that it's not ending indefinitely, it will return at some point. I don't know how true this is as I haven't personally looked into it. Still encouraging news, though. :smile: I really need to get back into Fairy Tail.

Yeah I think they stopped because it was getting near the manga, plus they were losing ratings )': but even if it does return, it'll be like a year just like Naruto ;_;
And yes, you really should get back into it!! XD
Reply 4412
Haven't watched anything for a good month or so. Only remembered this morning about the new season starting this last week.

I am content with Shingeki no Kyoujin. It's nice to see the 3D gear animated. I can't wait for Sasha and Christa to be introduced next week.
(edited 11 years ago)
Finally finished the Little Busters, it was dragging on so much I wasn't enjoying it anymore :no:

However a second seasons been announced and the clips they revealed look mildly interesting so may watch that :holmes:
first proper recap ep in Space Bros, was still quite inspiring to watch, looks like its gona be another recap ep next week :s-smilie: liking the new OP :dance: ED is alright as well

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Finally finished the Little Busters, it was dragging on so much I wasn't enjoying it anymore :no:

However a second seasons been announced and the clips they revealed look mildly interesting so may watch that :holmes:

hmm was about to ask if it was worth continuing with Little Busters since i stalled on ep 8 cos it got quite boring, i guess not then :p:
Original post by eugenius 8

hmm was about to ask if it was worth continuing with Little Busters since i stalled on ep 8 cos it got quite boring, i guess not then :p:

It wasn't too bad to be honest. I think I was just losing patience with it towards the end as I find it a bit slow paced at times. Probably worth watching the rest if you have the time so if the next seasons any good then you won't be behind :wink: I think watching Sakura and the SG season put me off the last few episodes to be honest as i'm enjoying them more.
Reply 4416
Some quick thoughts:

Red Data Girl seems mildly promising. The animation is nice, as you'd expect from P.A Works, but the story lacked impact (in the sense that I'm not anticipating what's going to happen next). Keeping it on for a few more episodes to see where they take this. Has potential.

Majestic Prince is your standard Gundam-esque inspired mecha series, only that it's much worse; not that it's bad, though. Animation wise, the backgrounds were nice, but I'm not a huge fan of the character design, specifically the facial expressions. I thought Hirai was responsible at first, but seems not upon looking it up. Will keep this on for a bit longer.

Shingeki no Kyoujin was easily one of my most anticipated from this new season, given the premise and that Production I.G. are behind this, and it didn't disappoint. Just wow, what a powerful episode. The premise is interesting and the way the episode panned out, while slightly rushed, kept things very engaging. The "titans" are eerily disturbing, reminiscent of something you'd expect in an Aphex Twin music video, and the animation was sublime (with a fantastic soundtrack by Hiroyuki to boot). Suffice to say, definitely keeping this one on.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4418
Attack on Titan seems like its gonna be AOTY every year.

OP is pretty amazing as well.

Reply 4419
Original post by Carecup
Attack on Titan seems like its gonna be AOTY every year.

It'll probably be an anime original end, which going by past experience, is usually less than stellar. It'll probably sate anime only fans, but reception among fans of the source material may vary, depending on how well it is executed. I'm not expecting too much, to be honest, based on ProdIG's recent track record. So I think the quality of the ending will be the swing on whether or not it'd even be close to being called AOTYAY.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to certain scenes getting animated. Especially over the next couple of weeks.

Latest

Trending

Trending