The Student Room Group

How can I move on when he likes someone else?

I have a massive crush on someone at work. He does show signs of interest in me but he likes someone else who we work with better. It's bringing me down and hurting a lot. She is so attractive and beautiful. I feel very insecure and ugly when I'm around her. I don't have any else to crush on to distract my feelings either.
I am quite sure he doesn't know how I feel about him. I found out early on how he likes the other girl so since then I've been distant and standoffish with him, which he looks confused about. But what do I do? Between me and her, there isn't even any competition. I don't stand a chance around her.
We frequent the same club on the weekend. I was thinking about making myself look sexy, get a bit drunk and then really flirt with him. Is that a good idea? Or should I just carry on being distant? If so how do I get over it? Because being distant with him isn't helping my feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Future-doc
Considering your username, it's quite amusing to see you writing about love!!

First person that has understood my username! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you like him give it a good shot.

Then you have tried and it just wasn't meant to be; hopefully safe in that knowledge you can move on.

Don't feel insecure about another girl, he may just be into a different type, or she might be really flirty (likely).
Reply 3
Original post by FranticMind
If you like him give it a good shot.

Then you have tried and it just wasn't meant to be; hopefully safe in that knowledge you can move on.

Don't feel insecure about another girl, he may just be into a different type, or she might be really flirty (likely).

Thank you, that's true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You won't know if you don't try.

Quick Reply