The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Idle
Yet the US still spends far more.. $700 billion to Russia's $70 bil...

USA debt is $15trillion
Reply 61
Original post by DaniilKaya
USA debt is $15trillion

That has nothing to do with who would win in a war...
Original post by Idle
I will put as much time into my reasons as you did.

Higher military spending.

Far more aircraft carriers which are extremely well defended, a lot more capable Navy in general actually with cruise missile carrying destroyers and subs that outnumber and are more advanced than their Russian counterparts.

F-22 is a superior stealth aircraft, the B2 and B-52 are superior bombers.

The USA has the only anti-ballistic missile system that seems to have any hope of shooting down a warhead.

The CIA is seen as the strongest intelligence gathering unit in the world.

F-22 is removed from the production, as the ratio of "cost-effectiveness",its value in 2006,was comparable to the value of 19.7 tons of pure gold.The characteristics of this are overestimated, and it is impossible to provide a complete invisibility from the laws of physics ...
interesting debate, usa would win tho
Reply 64
F-22 is removed from the production, as the ratio of "cost-effectiveness",its value in 2006,was comparable to the value of 19.7 tons of pure gold.The characteristics of this are overestimated, and it is impossible to provide a complete invisibility from the laws of physics ...

They have hundreds of them...

Erm the F-22 has had exercises with other modern aircraft and pretty much always comes out on top.. I'm pretty sure I read one report where they placed them against F-16's in a mock dog-fight and if I remember correctly the F-16's didn't get a lock on once..
Original post by Idle
I will put as much time into my reasons as you did.

Higher military spending.

Far more aircraft carriers which are extremely well defended, a lot more capable Navy in general actually with cruise missile carrying destroyers and subs that outnumber and are more advanced than their Russian counterparts.

F-22 is a superior stealth aircraft, the B2 and B-52 are superior bombers.

The USA has the only anti-ballistic missile system that seems to have any hope of shooting down a warhead.

The CIA is seen as the strongest intelligence gathering unit in the world.

Su-27 lighter that F-22
Speed:
Su-27 - 2600 km/h
F-22 - 2160 km/h
Service range:
Su-27 - 4300 km/h
F-22 - 2500 km/h
Original post by Idle
They have hundreds of them...

Erm the F-22 has had exercises with other modern aircraft and pretty much always comes out on top.. I'm pretty sure I read one report where they placed them against F-16's in a mock dog-fight and if I remember correctly the F-16's didn't get a lock on once..

Lets talk about t-50 which is newer than Su-27
Sukhoi T50 PAK FA technology vs F-22 Raptor weapons.
The Russian anti-stealth technology is capable of detecting and divert stealth aircraft and stealth missiles. That mean the Sukhoi PAK FA can detect, divert and shot down the F-22 Raptor or any other stealth aircraft during combat, but the F-22 Raptor cant detect the Sukhoi PAK FA by the Sukhoi stealth capabilities in long range combat. In visual range combat the PAK FA can divert F-22 weapons. This technology concept is considered aircraft invulnerability (immune to others aircraft attacks in aerial combat)

Sukhoi PAK FA T-50. The price tag per unit is $100 million. 500 T-50 units will enter service in 2015, 300 units for Russia and 200 units for India.

The Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA - Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsy combination use stealth technology, heightened capabilities to counter stealth aircraft, new generation of Russian thrust vectoring engines, artificial-intelligence elements, speed Mach 2.45, superb maneuverability, higher capacity in dogfight maneuvers, vertical tails fully movable, 6th generation of air-to-air, air-to-surface, and air-to-ship missiles, supercruise, higher range at supersonic speed makes it the best overall fighter in the world today. Sukhoi claims that the aircraft is unmatched by any known or projected fighter in the world.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
Su-27 lighter that F-22
Speed:
Su-27 - 2600 km/h
F-22 - 2160 km/h
Service range:
Su-27 - 4300 km/h
F-22 - 2500 km/h

The SU-27 is on the level of the F-15, no military analyst would even try to compare the Su-27 to the F-22.
Original post by Idle
The SU-27 is on the level of the F-15, no military analyst would even try to compare the Su-27 to the F-22.

The Russian anti-stealth technology is capable of detecting and divert stealth aircraft and stealth missiles. That mean the Sukhoi PAK FA can detect, divert and shot down the F-22 Raptor or any other stealth aircraft during combat, but the F-22 Raptor cant detect the Sukhoi PAK FA by the Sukhoi stealth capabilities in long range combat. In visual range combat the PAK FA can divert F-22 weapons. This technology concept is considered aircraft invulnerability (immune to others aircraft attacks in aerial combat)

Sukhoi PAK FA T-50. The price tag per unit is $100 million. 500 T-50 units will enter service in 2015, 300 units for Russia and 200 units for India.

The Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA - Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsy combination use stealth technology, heightened capabilities to counter stealth aircraft, new generation of Russian thrust vectoring engines, artificial-intelligence elements, speed Mach 2.45, superb maneuverability, higher capacity in dogfight maneuvers, vertical tails fully movable, 6th generation of air-to-air, air-to-surface, and air-to-ship missiles, supercruise, higher range at supersonic speed makes it the best overall fighter in the world today. Sukhoi claims that the aircraft is unmatched by any known or projected fighter in the world.
Reply 69

on another note 19.7 tons of pure gold is very cost effective.. it will only go up in value
Reply 70

It's still in the prototype stage, it could potentially be very good but that sounds like a hell of a lot of hyperbole, it certainly is not currently the best fighter in the world today when not even in operational production.

From what I just read (My internet isn't the best this afternoon so I couldn't get too many sites up) it doesn't use shape as a stealth element and so the best it can hope for is rather low radar signatures, on the other hand Lockheed have said from some angles the F-22's signature is as small as a marble. I would be interested to know how exactly they are going to "detect" the f-22 and how the f-22 will not detect it.
Original post by Dr00n
Well that's simply not true, Russia and India are both kitted out with very similar type weaponry. Ok, sure in a naval and aircraft strength perspective they are not as advanced as Russia. Regardless, India would definitely give Russia a run for its money

LOL the Indians just about managed to surpass Pakistan in terms of their conventional weaponry recently and in terms of non-conventional they haven't even reached that stage. The Indians purchase a lot of weaponry from the Russians- some of it advanced but a lot of it considered mediocre by the Russians themselves. To say they can take on Russia is absolutely absurd.
Comparing equipment and stockpiles is pointless. The reason the US spends so much is party due to the fact it has a huge amount of kit ready and able to be projected at short notice. Effective force projection, and the huge logistics train that allows that is something that only comes with regular deployments and exercises.
Original post by Idle
I would be interested to know how exactly they are going to "detect" the f-22 and how the f-22 will not detect it.

Extreme Secrecy

And production date is 2015
Reply 74
In 2012 the USA's military spending was 41% of the world total, Russia's was 4.1%. Thread over.
Original post by HenryD
In 2012 the USA's military spending was 41% of the world total, Russia's was 4.1%. Thread over.

pointless waste of money doesn't mean anything
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
NO COUNTRY HAS EVER, EVER, EVER INVADED AFGHANISTAN.

+ Soviets lost about 20k of it forces, Muhajadees lost about 90k of their forces.

Are you sure?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasions_of_Afghanistan

And yes, your point is?
UK and India could take out Russia?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA I'm under the table

Yes, tough fight, but it isn't impossible.
Reply 78
pointless waste of money doesn't mean anything

Yeah, what possible correlation could there be between military spending and military power. Oh wait.
Reply 79
Original post by HenryD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMrAEWWQAY

Latest