The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

WELCOME!! :smile: :woo::happy2:

Surely I can't be the only non-drinker going to uni this year? Not putting down those that do, of course, live and let live and all that, but just to make me feel a little more secure, I thought we teetotallers/occasional drinkers could do with our little corner of the forum for Freshers this year.

Please keep me company, I have orange juice. :tongue: :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have chamomile tea and oreos! What are you studying??
Original post by emmahebron13

Hooray! :smile:

Languages, you? :smile:
Reply 3
I'm not alone :woo:

Future biologist here :hi:
Original post by lilGem
I'm not alone :woo:

Future biologist here :hi:

Welcome! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by constantmeowage
Welcome! :smile:

Original post by emmahebron13

What uni are you guys planning on going to? :h:
Original post by lilGem
What uni are you guys planning on going to? :h:

Still undecided :frown: You? :biggrin:
Reply 7
Still undecided :frown: You? :biggrin:

firmed UEA and insured Sheffield :smile:
Original post by lilGem
firmed UEA and insured Sheffield :smile:

Ooh exciting :smile: Now it's just the whole exams thing which I told myself I would crack on with these holidays and instead of just eaten. So much. :s-smilie: do you think you'll be alright results wise? :smile:
Reply 9
I am a Fresher this year and I fully endorse this thread. :smile: :yep:
Original post by KingMessi
I am a Fresher this year and I fully endorse this thread. :smile: :yep:

What are you going to study? :smile:
Reply 11
Ooh exciting :smile: Now it's just the whole exams thing which I told myself I would crack on with these holidays and instead of just eaten. So much. :s-smilie: do you think you'll be alright results wise? :smile:

I only need to get one more A-level grade (already have A*AB being a 3rd year) so I only need a B in bio :smile:

Would like to get an A in psych AS and ideally a C in chemistry :lol:

What about you? :smile:
Reply 12
Omg I love this thread. I'm worried about going to Uni because I literally never get drunk. I mean don't get me wrong, I'll have the occasional drink, I just don't see the point in getting absolutely mortal hahaha so hi to all my fellow non drinkers out there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
I only need to get one more A-level grade (already have A*AB being a 3rd year) so I only need a B in bio :smile:

Would like to get an A in psych AS and ideally a C in chemistry :lol:

What about you? :smile:

Wow that's awesome! I need AAB...so these few months of waiting could be quite fun... :mad: but then I'm still apprehensive about the start of uni, so I don't really know what time I want it to be! :P Guess I'll just have to sniff out the wacky societies and make a nest there... :biggrin:

Original post by Lucy1025
Omg I love this thread. I'm worried about going to Uni because I literally never get drunk. I mean don't get me wrong, I'll have the occasional drink, I just don't see the point in getting absolutely mortal hahaha so hi to all my fellow non drinkers out there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome!! :smile: what are you studying? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Wow that's awesome! I need AAB...so these few months of waiting could be quite fun... :mad: but then I'm still apprehensive about the start of uni, so I don't really know what time I want it to be! :P Guess I'll just have to sniff out the wacky societies and make a nest there... :biggrin:

Good luck :hugs:

I want it to be September but I don't want to have the responsibility :lol:

Ah yes Socs :moon:
Original post by lilGem
Good luck :hugs:

I want it to be September but I don't want to have the responsibility :lol:

Ah yes Socs :moon:

Hahaha, the thought of being able to eat at 3am and not feel judged is somehow getting me through exam season. :P Which socs are you interested in? :P
Reply 16
Hahaha, the thought of being able to eat at 3am and not feel judged is somehow getting me through exam season. :P Which socs are you interested in? :P

:lol; I'm just looking forward to the learning, the labs :love:

BIOsoc, hockey, swimming, lacrosse, riding, horor and RAG

what about you? :biggrin:
Original post by lilGem
:lol; I'm just looking forward to the learning, the labs :love:

BIOsoc, hockey, swimming, lacrosse, riding, horor and RAG

what about you? :biggrin:

Hahaha, that sounds like a busy schedule. :tongue: They have a cake society at one of the universities, so I'll definitely be onto that one... :colondollar: just hope the hallmates share the enthusiasm (considering baking a cake to try and get them onside before they mention alcohol :tongue:)
Tea drinking, biscuit munching, non-clubbing (yes I make up words) Fresher-to-be over here! Hola people.
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
Tea drinking, biscuit munching, non-clubbing (yes I make up words) Fresher-to-be over here! Hola people.

Welcome! :smile: I'm partial to a hobnob if there's one going...? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending