The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Arshii
A biogas generator is like a system where biogas is produced..?

And biogas is produced when animal material and plant material is decomposed by bacteria in anaerobic conditions making methane which can then be used as a fuel.
And, explain how the kidney produces urine. :smile:

Hmmm, how do they produce urine:confused:
Reply 441
Original post by Efemena15
:O That's amazing. I think I'll just do that too

I KNOW!!!
And yeah, it is the best approach for me because the books do not have my own interpretations, which I hate:smile:
Original post by lolface32
Feel the same with French, would be happy with a C :colone:

I thought I would get C/D at the beginning of the year, but I think I can aim for a B now. Just need to get above 25/40 in both the listening and reading and I've got a B I think, but to be safe I'll aim for around 30/40 in both because the grade boundaries can change a bit.
Reply 443
I am really struggling with B3 :frown:
Reply 444
Original post by Ammy97
I am really struggling with B3 :frown:

Whhhhaaaa:frown::frown:
Why?
We can help you, i'll ask you questions if you want?
Reply 445
Whhhhaaaa:frown::frown:
Why?
We can help you, i'll ask you questions if you want?

awh you're kind :smile:

I am not really sure, I am just finding it harder than unit 1+2 and the topics just seem way more complicated! I'll take you up on that offer in a couple of weeks when I have finished revising the bulk of it
Reply 446
Original post by Ammy97

I am not really sure, I am just finding it harder than unit 1+2 and the topics just seem way more complicated! I'll take you up on that offer in a couple of weeks when I have finished revising the bulk of it

hahahha ty:wink:
How much do you revise daily, or what type of revision DO you do?
Reply 447
hahahha ty:wink:
How much do you revise daily, or what type of revision DO you do?

On school nights I aim for around 2 hours at home (I stay after school for a revision session for an hour most days). When it's a non-school day I aim for at least 4 hours.

When I revise science I copy notes out from revision guide, summarise in a paragraph, do past papers and watch MyGcseScience videos. This worked for the unit 2 exams (got A*,A*,A) but now i'm very worried because I have so many other subjects
Reply 448
Original post by Ammy97

Trust me, I thought that at first, but all you really have to do is actually apply yourself and do the revision. It won't take long if you're dedicated. Also, BE POSITIVE!!
Reply 449
Original post by Ammy97
On school nights I aim for around 2 hours at home (I stay after school for a revision session for an hour most days). When it's a non-school day I aim for at least 4 hours.

When I revise science I copy notes out from revision guide, summarise in a paragraph, do past papers and watch MyGcseScience videos. This worked for the unit 2 exams (got A*,A*,A) but now i'm very worried because I have so many other subjects

Just give it more time, i'm sure you will begin to understand it:colondollar:
Reply 450
Trust me, I thought that at first, but all you really have to do is actually apply yourself and do the revision. It won't take long if you're dedicated. Also, BE POSITIVE!!

Emphasis on "be positive"
Reply 451

Okay thank you!
Reply 452
Doing P3 now, so boring :rolleyes:
Why are not all the gcse science videos up yet :confused:...
Reply 454
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Why are not all the gcse science videos up yet :confused:...

He is only missing out magnets atm, i'm sure that is something you can revise on:colondollar:
Reply 455
Doing P3 now, so boring :rolleyes:

The worst parts is magnets and light rays, soooo boring:mad:
Hey guys,

Can someone please explain what the 4 chambers of the heart do??? Like what their separate functions are???

Original post by KimSmith1234
Hey guys,

Can someone please explain what the 4 chambers of the heart do??? Like what their separate functions are???

I will. De-oxygenated blood enters via the vena cava into the right atrium. The right atrium just contracts forcing blood into the right ventricle. The right ventricle then contracts forcing this de-oxygenated blood to go along the pulmonary artery and to the lungs, to get oxygenated. The oxygenated blood then returns along the pulmonary vein to the left atrium. The left atrium contracts forcing this oxygenated blood into the left ventricle, the left ventricle contracts forcing blood out of the heart along the big artery the aorta to the rest of the body.

Hope it helps.:smile:
Original post by Unknown505
I will. De-oxygenated blood enters via the vena cava into the right atrium. The right atrium just contracts forcing blood into the right ventricle. The right ventricle then contracts forcing this de-oxygenated blood to go along the pulmonary artery and to the lungs, to get oxygenated. The oxygenated blood then returns along the pulmonary vein to the left atrium. The left atrium contracts forcing this oxygenated blood into the left ventricle, the left ventricle contracts forcing blood out of the heart along the big artery the aorta to the rest of the body.

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL LIFE SAVER!! Wow thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Unknown505

Why do we need ventricles though? why not just go from atrium to pulmonary artery or whatever?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending