The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by otrivine
yes, good, and also mention the key word pharmacological active and is an anti-histamine used for treating symptoms of hay fever

my turn

State two reasons why the diazotisation reaction where Nitrous acid is formed insitu is carried out at 10 degrees or less

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 561
Original post by ZakRob
State two reasons why the diazotisation reaction where Nitrous acid is formed insitu is carried out at 10 degrees or less

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Is it because it exceeds activation energy as partiles gain K.E for reaction to proceed

2) In order to form nitrous acid, the HCL and HNO2 have to react at a lesser temperature because you are making an acid and takes place at lower temp.In-situ , steam HCL is reacted and therefore has to be in an open system and it releases fume
Reply 562
1) Is it because it exceeds activation energy as partiles gain K.E for reaction to proceed

2) In order to form nitrous acid, the HCL and HNO2 have to react at a lesser temperature because you are making an acid and takes place at lower temp.In-situ , steam HCL is reacted and therefore has to be in an open system and it releases fume

My two reasons in mind are: nitrous acid is explosive so it's safer to operate at lower temperatures. And the Di-azonium salt breaks down at high temperatures so low temp to maintain the salt

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 563
Original post by ZakRob
My two reasons in mind are: nitrous acid is explosive so it's safer to operate at lower temperatures. And the Di-azonium salt breaks down at high temperatures so low temp to maintain the salt

Posted from TSR Mobile

aRE these mark schemes answer? or you are making them? if so very nice questions.

Ok

Define:isoelectric point
Reply 564
aRE these mark schemes answer? or you are making them? if so very nice questions.

Ok

Define:isoelectric point

Making them up, but im trying to make questions which are less common.

The isoelectric point is a pH at which an amino acid forms a zwitterion.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 565
Original post by ZakRob
Making them up, but im trying to make questions which are less common.

The isoelectric point is a pH at which an amino acid forms a zwitterion.
Posted from TSR Mobile

yup, do you reckon my points are reasonable?

my turn
Reply 566
yup, do you reckon my points are reasonable?

my turn

Yes, what are the conditions and reagents required for the reduction of aldehydes and ketones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 567
Original post by ZakRob
Yes, what are the conditions and reagents required for the reduction of aldehydes and ketones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

reagents= aq NaBH4
conditions= heat
Reply 568
reagents= aq NaBH4
conditions= heat

Correct :smile: i'm finished for today
Reply 569
Original post by ZakRob
Correct :smile: i'm finished for today

OK, it was nice revising with you:smile:
For anyone struggling with NMR here are some useful resources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6F__pysc74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JJ5IAlQYZs

These are both great videos for explaining NMR and how to tackle those high mark questions - I found them really useful at least.

I know there aren't a lot of resources out there for proton and carbon NMR in terms of practice so have attached a few files on stuff we were given in school in case anyone is interested.

Good Luck everyone!
Reply 571
OK, it was nice revising with you:smile:

When will you finish learning all the modules for F324?
Reply 572
Original post by MasterYi
When will you finish learning all the modules for F324?

I finished learning, now I am revising ? you?
Reply 573
I finished learning, now I am revising ? you?

Great that means you'll able to answer the analysis question. :smile:
I've finished too, just revising now.
Reply 574
Great that means you're able to any the analysis question. :smile:
I've finished too, just revsing now.

Yes, I did proton NMR! On thursday I am going to revise carbon 13 and next week finish off chromatography, then start past papers and do plenty of questions!

By the way up for some recap revision :wink:
Reply 575
Yes, I did proton NMR! On thursday I am going to revise carbon 13 and next week finish off chromatography, then start past papers and do plenty of questions!

Start Past Papers.....I really need to finish Chem 4 Mod 1/2 by the end of his week :O
Reply 576

Great, how does one revise module 3. Like the chromotography and NMR data.
What's the extent of the recap revision?
Reply 577
Great, how does one revise module 3. Like the chromotography and NMR data.
What's the extent of the recap revision?

Doing all the questions at the back of the book :smile:

Want to revise
Reply 578

Want to revise

No, sorry not now.

Want to revise

Throw some definitions at me to see if I can remember them off my head. I'm currently do some Maths and the Unit 1 so I won't really be able to ask questions back but if you give me a list then I'll give you my answer from memory to see if it would suffice in the exam, thanks in advance :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending