The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

American accepted to LCC

Hello, I'm currently a high school senior that has been recently accepted to LCC's Foundation Course with a pathway in Photography. I'm currently trying to make a decision on where I should go this upcoming Autumn and have a couple of questions about LCC.

I'm a bit confused on the halls of residence situation. Does anyone happen to know how payments are made? I've been looking at UAL's website that explains it, but I've read ". . .if you are going to stay in Manna Ash House, Don Gratton House, Woodland Court or Opal 4 you will need to provide a UK-based guarantor. Otherwise, you may need to pay your rent in full and in advance." Does this mean that only for those specific dorms I would need either a UK-based guarantor or I would have to pay in full? Or does this mean I have to pay in full no matter what house I choose if I don't have a UK-based guarantor?

Also, what is the best, but cheapest accommodation offered?
Original post by kyoto_pearl
Hello, I'm currently a high school senior that has been recently accepted to LCC's Foundation Course with a pathway in Photography. I'm currently trying to make a decision on where I should go this upcoming Autumn and have a couple of questions about LCC.

I'm a bit confused on the halls of residence situation. Does anyone happen to know how payments are made? I've been looking at UAL's website that explains it, but I've read ". . .if you are going to stay in Manna Ash House, Don Gratton House, Woodland Court or Opal 4 you will need to provide a UK-based guarantor. Otherwise, you may need to pay your rent in full and in advance." Does this mean that only for those specific dorms I would need either a UK-based guarantor or I would have to pay in full? Or does this mean I have to pay in full no matter what house I choose if I don't have a UK-based guarantor?

Also, what is the best, but cheapest accommodation offered?

hi, congrats on your offer! that's odd (and a bit unfair) about those halls, though the others you don't need a UK guarantor for and the ones you listed aren't the closest anyway. normally, you would pay in several instalments, 3 or 4?

the best accommodation for you would be bernard myers house - it's ten minutes away from LCC by bus or bike, and the bus stop is right across the road so it's very convenient! the rent is on the cheaper side compared to other halls too.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by beccafairy
hi, congrats on your offer! that's odd (and a bit unfair) about those halls, though the others you don't need a UK guarantor for and the ones you listed aren't the closest anyway. normally, you would pay in several instalments, 3 or 4?

the best accommodation for you would be bernard myers house - it's ten minutes away from LCC by bus or bike, and the bus stop is right across the road so it's very convenient! the rent is on the cheaper side compared to other halls too.

Thank you! Yeah, I saw that a making termly payments (I believe 3 of them) can be a way to pay for accommodation.

Do you happen to know any other Americans that attend LCC or UAL in general? I'm interested in what's all involved in the visa process as it seems really complicated.
Original post by kyoto_pearl
Thank you! Yeah, I saw that a making termly payments (I believe 3 of them) can be a way to pay for accommodation.

Do you happen to know any other Americans that attend LCC or UAL in general? I'm interested in what's all involved in the visa process as it seems really complicated.

i study at camberwell but there are plenty of americans there and in halls as well. i'm not too close with any though so don't really know about the process they went through, but there are so many international students it can't be so bad!
Reply 4
Original post by beccafairy
i study at camberwell but there are plenty of americans there and in halls as well. i'm not too close with any though so don't really know about the process they went through, but there are so many international students it can't be so bad!

Alright, thanks so much!
Reply 5
Heey! I am also a high school senior from America and got accepted into CCW Foundation Course and LCF's Access to High.ED. (Fashion), but is considering to attend CCW Foundation(: Nice to meet you! :biggrin:D
Reply 6
Original post by AyoVivian
Heey! I am also a high school senior from America and got accepted into CCW Foundation Course and LCF's Access to High.ED. (Fashion), but is considering to attend CCW Foundation(: Nice to meet you! :biggrin:D

I'm so happy to find someone finally! Nice to meet you too :smile: Have you looked into the visa process yet? It seems so confusing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending