The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by .snowflake.
-high five- Where abouts?

Manchester's my firm and Leeds is my insurance :smile:

I see you'll be at Sheffield! I really liked it there but they hardly did anything by way of environmental chemistry :frown:
This is a really great idea for a thread. A non-drinker starting medicine at SGUL or imperial in September (probably SGUL) :smile: This will be my second alcohol free freshers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 282
Original post by KingMessi
Dear lord, that sounds dull. :yawn: I remember energy pyramids and eutrophication and suchlike. :sigh:

Trust me, there is very little to look forward to in the study of energy flows...

Rest of it is interesting though :yep:

especially the applications of genetics :love:
Original post by Lizzieee95
Hey everyone :smile: so glad I've found this thread - I was worried I would be the one person who was nervous about the whole clubbing/drinking thing at uni! I've firmed Royal Holloway btw :smile: x

oh yer i think i saw you on the roho thread :biggrin: what you studying? :smile:

best thing bout holloway is that it isnt known for its drinking... people think thats a negative but it most certainly isnt!!
I've only just joined so it probably wasn't me aha :smile: geography, you? Yeah I know what you mean, for me it was one of the things that made me choose it :smile: x

oh right ahah. n im psychology - i have a friend who may be firming geography at roho tho :smile:
Reply 285
Original post by megfashion
royal holloway, hopefully... although my grades so far dont look promising :/

Aw I'm sure you will be fine! :smile: what's your insurance?
I do actually drink fairly often and enjoy getting drunk but I also love having nights in with good friends and drinking coke. I'd definitely like to make friends with people who don't use drinking as a kind of social crutch haha. Do I qualify for this thread at all? :wink:
Reply 287
Original post by .snowflake.
everyone goes for Endcliffe. When you tell people you're at Ranmoor they assume you're an Endcliffe reject, even if you're not. It can get very dead here if you're staying over the easter/ Xmas hols.

Edit: we do have some amazing societies. If you play an instrument, the Medics Orchestra needs you!

How much of a difference is there between them? I wouldn't mind if it's a bit quiet though tbh, I'd go home in the holidays and it might be nice to have a bit of peace!
Original post by Emmzaa_x
Aw I'm sure you will be fine! :smile: what's your insurance?

plymouth :smile: you?
I only drink ocassionaly because i get so ill after! so won't be drinking during freshers week as i will end up missing something in bed ill!
Reply 290
plymouth :smile: you?

Chester :smile: A nice small-ish city with only one night club :P
Original post by das_garry
I do actually drink fairly often and enjoy getting drunk but I also love having nights in with good friends and drinking coke. I'd definitely like to make friends with people who don't use drinking as a kind of social crutch haha. Do I qualify for this thread at all? :wink:

Hooray, we're infiltrating them from the inside. :wink: Yes of course. :smile: Are you going to first year of uni this year or are you there?
Chester :smile: A nice small-ish city with only one night club :P

ahah fair play!

plymouth has lots of nightclubs... :/ but im thinking if i dont go to roho i might just do an apprenticeship anyway :smile:
I've only just joined so it probably wasn't me aha :smile: geography, you? Yeah I know what you mean, for me it was one of the things that made me choose it :smile: x

Hello another non drinker geography student at RHUL! I'm so happy :smile: I've firmed for bsc geography btw wbu??

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much of a difference is there between them? I wouldn't mind if it's a bit quiet though tbh, I'd go home in the holidays and it might be nice to have a bit of peace!

not much difference between them to be honest. More events on at endcliffe rather than ranmoor.
Original post by constantmeowage
Hooray, we're infiltrating them from the inside. :wink: Yes of course. :smile: Are you going to first year of uni this year or are you there?

2013 entry hopefully, to study German and History :smile:

Obviously there's still the chance for me to ruin my exams and subsequently have to settle for 2014 entry haha
Reply 296
ahah fair play!

plymouth has lots of nightclubs... :/ but im thinking if i dont go to roho i might just do an apprenticeship anyway :smile:

Same tbh, if I don't get into Sheffield I might just do something else instead. No idea what tho XD
Original post by das_garry
2013 entry hopefully, to study German and History :smile:

Obviously there's still the chance for me to ruin my exams and subsequently have to settle for 2014 entry haha

Ausgezeichnet, du lernst Deutsch! :P du darfst natürlich hier bleiben :wink:
Reply 298
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Another non-drinker here. Firmed Sheffield and looking forward to it.

A fellow non-drinker firming Sheffield! Hi :biggrin: What's your course?
A fellow non-drinker firming Sheffield! Hi :biggrin: What's your course?

Hello:biggrin: Hopefully going to study Biology. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending