The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2/M3 June 6th/10th 2013

Hey,

I couldn't find a page already set up for M2 and M3 this summer so I thought I'd create one. If there's already a thread please send me to it :tongue:

But yeh post questions, tips, standard stuff etc

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JenniS
Hey,

I couldn't find a page already set up for M2 and M3 this summer so I thought I'd create one. If there's already a thread please send me to it :tongue:

But yeh post questions, tips, standard stuff etc

:smile:

Only sitting M2 this summer! :biggrin:, I'm taking it your doing both? How's revision going?
Reply 2
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Only sitting M2 this summer! :biggrin:, I'm taking it your doing both? How's revision going?

yep both :'( M2 is slowly getting there, M3 I haven't got a clue!
Original post by JenniS
yep both :'( M2 is slowly getting there, M3 I haven't got a clue!

Ahh I feel for you :console:, I can just about manage M2 :redface:. How big is the jump to M3?
Reply 4
M2 aswell :smile:
By any chance is anyone doing FP2 and FP3?
Reply 5
Original post by ACBLISS

I'm doing FP2 not FP3 though thank god
Reply 6
Original post by JenniS
I'm doing FP2 not FP3 though thank god

Lucky i say :tongue: FP3 is just long :s-smilie:
I see you're doing M3, i'm doing S3 :wink:
Reply 7
Ahh I feel for you :console:, I can just about manage M2 :redface:. How big is the jump to M3?

Original post by ACBLISS
Lucky i say :tongue: FP3 is just long :s-smilie:
I see you're doing M3, i'm doing S3 :wink:

Some parts of M3 are ok, others I have no clue at the moment.

and I would be crying if I had to do S3, statistics was not my thing
Reply 8
Tbh S3 is easy :P
Erm how's M2?
Original post by ACBLISS

Not yet, still in year 12 :smile:

Original post by ACBLISS
Tbh S3 is easy :P
Erm how's M2?

It's pretty doable, a reasonable step up from M1 but not too bad :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JenniS

Hey, are any bits of C3 required for this exam?
Reply 11
Hey, are any bits of C3 required for this exam?

Yeah you do need some stuff from c3 like differentiation of sin, cos and stuff. But not too hard!
Reply 12
Anyone find M2 better than M1? I actually prefer M2, i think its a bit easier but then i haven't tried any papers yet :|
Original post by MLogan
Yeah you do need some stuff from c3 like differentiation of sin, cos and stuff. But not too hard!

How long would you say those would take to learn? :redface:

Original post by MLogan
Anyone find M2 better than M1? I actually prefer M2, i think its a bit easier but then i haven't tried any papers yet :|

Me :biggrin:, although I wouldn't say it's easier, just that if you've mastered M1, M2 isn't much of a step-up and a lot of the methods carry over. Don't worry I've only done like 3 papers :colondollar:
Reply 14
How long would you say those would take to learn? :redface:

Me :biggrin:, although I wouldn't say it's easier, just that if you've mastered M1, M2 isn't much of a step-up and a lot of the methods carry over. Don't worry I've only done like 3 papers :colondollar:

Well that is much more than what i've done! Hopefully should start papers on Monday :smile: It wouldn't take that long, its just a case of memorising and knowing the identities ! I think you mainly need it for chapter 1 otherwise i dont think you need it that often!
Original post by MLogan
Well that is much more than what i've done! Hopefully should start papers on Monday :smile: It wouldn't take that long, its just a case of memorising and knowing the identities ! I think you mainly need it for chapter 1 otherwise i dont think you need it that often!

Oh yh variable acceleration, although most of the time in the papers it's usually simple C2 stuff. But if I have any problems I'll come back to you :wink:.
How do you find the topics in M2? Hardest chapter imo is Collisions! :eek:
Reply 16
Oh yh variable acceleration, although most of the time in the papers it's usually simple C2 stuff. But if I have any problems I'll come back to you :wink:.
How do you find the topics in M2? Hardest chapter imo is Collisions! :eek:

okay thats fine, i shall try and help you :smile: I actually like collisions, i would say my worst chapter is chapter two :| How many other exams do you have in june?
Original post by MLogan
okay thats fine, i shall try and help you :smile: I actually like collisions, i would say my worst chapter is chapter two :| How many other exams do you have in june?

Centres of Mass is amazing! Although with irregular shapes they do get tricky!
I've got 6:
C2, S1, FP1, M2, Physics Unit 1, Econ Unit 2 what about you?
Reply 18
Centres of Mass is amazing! Although with irregular shapes they do get tricky!
I've got 6:
C2, S1, FP1, M2, Physics Unit 1, Econ Unit 2 what about you?

Oh Econ unit? My best econ module :smile: Love macro!! I've got 5 : C4, M2, ECON4, BIOL4 AND BIOL5 ! Uni course plans?
Original post by MLogan
Oh Econ unit? My best econ module :smile: Love macro!! I've got 5 : C4, M2, ECON4, BIOL4 AND BIOL5 ! Uni course plans?

I hope I can say the same about Econ Unit 2 come this August :colondollar:. Yh Macroeconomic objectives and policies are soo good :sexface:. Ahh that's less than mine :tongue:, and I'm going to apply for Economics next year :smile:, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending