The Student Room Group

A2 Revision

Hey Guys

I just wanted your opinions on whether you think 8 weeks is enough time to revise for 6 A2 exams and get all A's (need them to meet my offer which is AAA :frown: )

Thank you and please would really appreciate any advice!! :smile: :smile:

I take Biology AQA Chemistry OCR and History OCR
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Depends how many hours revision your going to do during those 8 weeks, i would say it should be plenty of time if your revision is productive :smile:
I bloody well hope so! I'm starting revision monday I think... holidays are killers for revision though, especially when its sunny like this :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by xxchloexo
Depends how many hours revision your going to do during those 8 weeks, i would say it should be plenty of time if your revision is productive :smile:

how many hours do you think I should do during the holidays and then how many hours during a school night?

thank you :smile:
Should be plenty of time I reckon, once you get into a routine of revising more and more over the weeks it'll feel less daunting :smile:

I find it helpful to make a sort of timetable for each day until the exams, but use it more as a guideline rather than a strict plan. Just go on excel and make a list of what aspects of the course you want to revise on a given night (basically create a calendar), but leave it flexible enough so that you don't feel bad if you do something else that night!

Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by emah123
how many hours do you think I should do during the holidays and then how many hours during a school night?

I do about 2-3 hours a day. Holidays and School days. I guess I c(sh)ould do more but I'm kind of lazy
Reply 6
Original post by emah123

On a school night i'd say about 2/3 hours a night, during the holiday i would aim to do more, i know that some people try to revise during the time they would have had lessons in the holidays so that they are just sticking to the same routine basically, so maybe like 5 hours a day during holidays. You have to give yourself i break though, but it's better to do too much revision and feel confident than to sit down in the exam and not be able to remember something!!
Reply 7
anymore opinions? :smile:
Reply 8
I have 4 exams but havent done much yet due to history cw and now im really regretting it! :P
Reply 9
Original post by jada897
I have 4 exams but havent done much yet due to history cw and now im really regretting it! :P

I have 3, and todays the first time i've opened my folder for like 2 weeks, now i feel like i've forgotten everything haha don't even know where to start!
Reply 10
Original post by xxchloexo
I have 3, and todays the first time i've opened my folder for like 2 weeks, now i feel like i've forgotten everything haha don't even know where to start!

Same I dont really know how to make a revision plan because theres too much for every exam :/ haha
Original post by jada897
Same I dont really know how to make a revision plan because theres too much for every exam :/ haha

I know right me neither, we have still got loads of stuff to cover as well :frown:
Reply 12
I've got to start revising!!!!

I don't want to regret what I get in the Summer. :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by senz72
I've got to start revising!!!!

I don't want to regret what I get in the Summer. :frown:

what exams do you have and how many?
Reply 14
Original post by emah123
what exams do you have and how many?

A2 exams & AS resits. I have 7 exams. :smile:
providing you do 2-3 hours a day after school/college it should be fine
Reply 16
Original post by emah123
Hey Guys

I just wanted your opinions on whether you think 8 weeks is enough time to revise for 6 A2 exams and get all A's (need them to meet my offer which is AAA :frown: )

Thank you and please would really appreciate any advice!! :smile: :smile:

I take Biology AQA Chemistry OCR and History OCR

Hi! What is working for me at the moment is to plan each day so that you are spending the same amount of time on each subject a day. Then each subject is getting an equal amount of attention. Then carefully divide each topic with in the subject and do a topic a day (and don't forget to add breaks in-between they are really important! because sometimes when your stuck on something you can come back 5 minutes later and know it, sometimes your brain needs to process stuff :P) Good Luck! I'm sure you will do great!

Quick Reply

Latest