The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hope you get done bad for this. She's endangering the lives of other road users and doesn't deserve to drive for a few years yet.
Reply 101
Original post by Pigling
She's already made an appearance in court for driving without due care and attention. A conviction overturned is not one forgotten at the discretion of a judge. Also, worst case scenario any investigation reaching her TSR account will easily reveal her extremely poor attitudes and previous offences involving her sister. If you are going to to play chicken with the legal system, it's not smart to host discussions about your numerous indiscretions online.

there is a big difference on the actual law and what happens in reality. The offence itself doesn't hold a custodial sentence at all and i very much doubt any person would ever get put behind bars for a speeding ticket.Then again in the worst case scenario if it went to court her previous record will hold some value but nothing to that extent.On the offence of trying to prevent the course of justice it will hold a more strict punishment but im not aware of the penalties on that.
Reply 102
2 months ago I predicted you was on track to losing your licence. *high fives past-yawn11*
Original post by MsCourtney
X

You either:
- Take the points and fine for her.
--- If at any point in the future, even 10 years from now, you get found out that you lied, both you and your sister will most likely get a jail sentence.
- You say it was your sister.
--- She gets convicted for speeding, driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence and driving without insurance.
--- The police will ask if you knew she had taken your car, if you say you did you can get charged causing or permitting her to drive without insurance and driving otherwise than in accordance with her licence. If you say you didn't, they will call you as a witness against her for an additional charge of stealing your car.
Original post by rizzl8
i think prison sentences will be in the most severest of cases.not really worth mentioning in your post

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/perverting_the_course_of_justice/

Per the above the minimum sentence for PCOJ is 4 months custody.

also from the above with regard to motoring offences and PCOJ resulting from attempts to divert blame or reduce penalties

"R v Francis-McGann [2003] 1 Cr. App. R. (S) 14
Speed camera case. Appellant was an army captain. He phoned the police to say that the vehicle had been exported, and subsequently sent a letter to the police. Convicted after trial. Sentence of three months imprisonment upheld.

R v Burney [2008] 1 Cr. App. R. (S) 57
The appellant and his son (aged 23) were drinking in a public house. His son drove home, there was a collision and they ran home, abandoning the car. Later, both told the police that the father had been driving and he provided a breath specimen with a reading over the limit. Sentence reduced to six months imprisonment.

R v Snow [2008] 2 Cr. App. R. (S) 87
Count 1 - appellant stopped by police while driving, gave brother's details, summons issued in brother's name, and brother convicted in absence. Count 2 - appellant stopped on a later occasion, gave his name as Foster, arrested, admissions in interview. Sentenced to nine months imprisonment on each count consecutive. Previous Court of Appeal decisions considered. Important factors are 1) the length of time during which the deception continued, 2) the nature of the deception, and 3) the success of the deception. Sentence on count 2 reduced to three months, giving a total of 12 months' imprisonment.

"
Original post by rizzl8
On the offence of trying to prevent the course of justice it will hold a more strict punishment but im not aware of the penalties on that.

Have you lived on Planet Pluto for the last three months? How can you not be aware what happens to people who get caught taking someone else's points

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/17/vicky-pryce-transferred-kent-open-prison
TWOC without a doubt, and NO she is not insured if another driver was not with her.

Someone's going to have a pretty s**tty summer :smile:
They will send you a letter as you are the owner of the vehicle, asking if you were the driver and if not, let them know who was. I work in the place that gives out fixed penalty notices, I know the procedeure like the back of my hand. It's up to you now - either take the fall and get in trouble, or rat your sister out. She will get in a lot of trouble, but it's also her fault.
Original post by Rybee
Meh. I don't see why everyone is taking the moral high ground. I've done worse in the past... Nobody is an angel.

It's not the moral high ground, it's the intellectual high ground. And we're taking it because pretty much everything the OP says is monumentally stupid.

Driving a car without a license or insurance, OK, that's more convenient than stupid. I've known a lot of people to do worse. Driving a car without a license or insurance, while speeding, while going past speed cameras is a little different. That's why we're saying her sister is dumb. Letting her do it when you're responsible for the car and you already have points on your license is why the OP is dumb. They are both ****ing dumb, how are you not getting this. Yes I've done worse things, but I haven't done dumber things because I'm not a moron.

It is so easy to get away with driving illegally. All you have to do is drive a car that someone has insured, make sure it works and not do anything stupid. Anyone who gets caught has to be dumb, end of.
Reply 109
Original post by rizzl8
there is a big difference on the actual law and what happens in reality. The offence itself doesn't hold a custodial sentence at all and i very much doubt any person would ever get put behind bars for a speeding ticket.Then again in the worst case scenario if it went to court her previous record will hold some value but nothing to that extent.On the offence of trying to prevent the course of justice it will hold a more strict punishment but im not aware of the penalties on that.

It's not the ticket, it's the perjury! Perjury can have a custodial sentence, and sometimes/often does for exactly this sort of thing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by The Troll Toll
It's not the moral high ground, it's the intellectual high ground. And we're taking it because pretty much everything the OP says is monumentally stupid.

Driving a car without a license or insurance, OK, that's more convenient than stupid. I've known a lot of people to do worse. Driving a car without a license or insurance, while speeding, while going past speed cameras is a little different. That's why we're saying her sister is dumb. Letting her do it when you're responsible for the car and you already have points on your license is why the OP is dumb. They are both ****ing dumb, how are you not getting this. Yes I've done worse things, but I haven't done dumber things because I'm not a moron.

It is so easy to get away with driving illegally. All you have to do is drive a car that someone has insured, make sure it works and not do anything stupid. Anyone who gets caught has to be dumb, end of.

But it's a waste of your time. Nothing's going to change. Calling her and her sister stupid wont change the situation no matter how long harp on about it. Keep saying it until sunrise and the situation remains...
I think she/they needs the book thrown at her/them... she's just going to run off to Canada and ignore it, lets be honest with ourselves here people..!
Original post by Rybee
But it's a waste of your time. Nothing's going to change. Calling her and her sister stupid wont change the situation no matter how long harp on about it. Keep saying it until sunrise and the situation remains...

I dunno.. she might realise she's stupid and ask someone for help every time she has to make a basic life decision. That would be an improvement.
Oh she's going to have her test soon? ahh should be fine really

Lol jk, you both are screwed.

TWOC and no Licence = up to 6 months’ imprisonment. /you abetting a crime = £1,000 fine / Discretionary disqualification 3 to 6 points
No insurance = Obligatory disqualification (6 months minimum) if offence committed within 3 years of a previous conviction
and Speeding = £100 fine.
I have a theory that you are just joking around, and want to make women seem bad drivers? Your other thread was all about emphasising how you crashed after wore long skirts which caught on your shoes as you braked, stilettos which couldn't press the pedals properly and slipped off them, and applied make-up whilst driving, right before you crashed.

Am I right?

(EDIT) I'll take the negative rep as a 'yes'. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 115
Hopefully your car will be crushed by virtue that your sister had no insurance whilst driving it and obviously did not care as she was speeding.
The fact that your family has had 2 potentially quite serious motor offences in just over a month is frightening. Get your driving sorted out, and why was she even driving the car in the first place!

No wonder my insurance is going up!
Thanks for the help. Apparently I think its best to wait and decide, if I get the photographic evidence, and it seems acceptable, I will **assume that I must have been speeding and not realised I got flashed and pay my fine**.

What if no one replies and we are both not in the UK (if it takes really long this could happen)?

Let me get this straight... you are in a deep enough **** as it is and now you think you can just lie and not get caught?!.

I seriously hope you do get caught. Because your blatant respect of the law which is for everyone's safety is quite frankly sickening.
Original post by Mess.
She won't be able to drive you :facepalm2: ****ing hell :facepalm2: You won't have a valid licence and you haven't been driving for 3 years/over 21. She would still be illegally driving.

:facepalm2:

Mate your post needs more facepalms. We might as well be speaking Swedish to this dippy idiot, she just doesn't get it.
My sister was driving my car and she says she thinks a camera flashed as she passed and she was above the limit. She currently has no license but is going for a test soon.

What will happen from now on? Will I have to pay the fine?

I've already had motor related trouble myself and currently have 4 points for speeding and following an accident I got "Driving without due care and attention" but that was removed after a court battle.

So will I get a fixed penalty notice by mail and have to pay that?

Not you again.
What is it with you and driving? (and your sister?)
Also, if your sister was driving alone on a provisional, you'll both be in **** for that if the police find out. Her - for driving uninsured and on a provisional. You - for letting her drive your vehicle uninsured and on a provisional. Or if you're under 21 and were with her whilst she was driving/21 or over and driving less than3 years, you're in **** still because you don't count as someone who can accompany a provisional licence holder.

Are you playing a game of how many driving offences can we rack up in X amount of time?

PS QUIT MAKING THREADS ABOUT YOUR/YOUR SISTER'S DODGY DRIVING

PPS GET OFF THE ROADS
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending