The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Anonymous
well done on unit 2 and ISA, your unit 1 is good as well :tongue:.

I'm aiming for an A overall in physics so all is well :colondollar:

Thanks! Unit 1 I would have liked to be better however. Do you know how UMS works for ISAs? Because in our school they say "45/50 is needed for an A* and the UMS is double the raw mark" but it seems unlikely that you need 50/50 for 100 UMS.
Original post by Minecraft27
What the heck is a stent? I never understood what a stent was.

Basically holds an artery open. It is injected with a deflated balloon in it, the balloon is then inflated which holds out the stent.
What the heck is a stent? I never understood what a stent was.

its a metal mesh which has an balloon in it, which can expand, hence making the balloon inflated to solve the problems of blocked arteries as the stent will decreases the amount of fat in the arteries therefore, reducing the risk of heart disease :tongue:
Over time with age your coronary arteries can get blocked and become very narrow, this is dangerous because they supply your heart with all the necessities(glucose+oxygen). In this case a stent is used. It is a metal mesh structure and it an inflated balloon is put. The stent is then placed into your artery, and the balloon inflated opening up your arteries.
Pros: This method doesn't require an anesthetic
Cons: Can cause tissue scarring and irritation. And it can cause blood clots so drugs may be required.

Lol, mines an essay compared to the rest!
Thanks! Unit 1 I would have liked to be better however. Do you know how UMS works for ISAs? Because in our school they say "45/50 is needed for an A* and the UMS is double the raw mark" but it seems unlikely that you need 50/50 for 100 UMS.

Nope, its set my the exam board after the ISAs have been marked/moderated. That's ridiculous but doesn't give you false hope :biggrin:. I would say your 49/50 is definately 100UMS if you teachers haven't mark extremely easily :smile:
Can we have the next question...
Original post by Unknown505
Can we have the next question...

what controls the opening and clsoing of the stomata?
Nope, its set my the exam board after the ISAs have been marked/moderated. That's ridiculous but doesn't give you false hope :biggrin:. I would say your 49/50 is definately 100UMS if you teachers haven't mark extremely easily :smile:

I doubt they marked it easily. Someone in my class ACTUALLY got 27/50. Tut tut tut. The majority got early 40's some late 30's and yes, some early 30's and some late 40's. I doubt anyone got 50 though.
what controls the opening and clsoing of the stomata?

Guard Cells!
closing*
Your turn :redface:

How much will it change by when they go in for moderation, because the last thing I want is to find I actually got some terrible 30-something mark.
Your turn :redface:

Explain the findings of Frederick Banting and Charles Best.
Explain the findings of Frederick Banting and Charles Best.

they discovered insulin :rolleyes:...
Explain how urine is removed from the body?
Yes. I have got to go. Maybe I will resume tomorrow.
Explain how urine is removed from the body?

It is diffused in a nephron into the urethra tube in the kidneys and cleaned from the blood. The urea goes into the bladder and is excreted after that. I think.
Yes. I have got to go. Maybe I will resume tomorrow.

Ahh okay see you later mate, byeeeeeee
So did I get the answer right? I'm not too sure on this I need to revise more.
So did I get the answer right? I'm not too sure on this I need to revise more.

what was the question + your answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending