The Student Room Group

universities in UK which accept IGCSE

Hi every one,
I'm a IGCSE student in turkey and I want to apply for a good university in UK with my IGCSE.
Is there any university which accept IGCSE?
Thanks for your helps.:smile::blush:
Reply 1
I think all universities accept IGCSEs as acceptable alternatives to GCSEs but you need A levels - or equivalent - to get into university.
All of them
I'm a UK student and I do some IGCSE's - so all universities

Posted from TSR Mobile
All Universities will accept IGCSEs as an alternative to GCSEs but obviously you need the required A Levels (or equivalent) which is much more important.
Reply 5
Original post by Olympiad
I'm a UK student and I do some IGCSE's - so all universities

Posted from TSR Mobile

It means if I have IGCSE results I can apply for universities in UK?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Chlorophile
All Universities will accept IGCSEs as an alternative to GCSEs but obviously you need the required A Levels (or equivalent) which is much more important.

What do you mean?You mean they won't accept IGCSE?
Original post by nanuk
It means if I have IGCSE results I can apply for universities in UK?

Yes you can. I do IGCSE maths and Science and I am planning on studying in a university in the UK.
The I stands for international -> so I presume many/all? areas will accept them as a good qualification.
They are thought to be harder than normal GCSE's thus UK will accept them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by nanuk
What do you mean?You mean they won't accept IGCSE?

They ALL accept IGCSE qualifications but in addition to IGCSE/GCSE results you will also need A levels or equivalent qualifications to get into a UK university.
Reply 9
Thank you guys.
I've decided to contact with universities.
Thanks a lot for your helps.
Original post by Porkchop
In fact, they're considered far better than ordinary GCSEs because they're for complete idiots

You're not going to make many friends on TSR if you continue to talk in that manner...
Original post by Porkchop
So cute. It's only the truth, kiddo.

Looking through your posts, have you seriously joined TSR just to (unfairly) put people down? That's pretty low.
Reply 12
Thank you .I'm sorry that it took a long time to answer you, because you know, my IGCSE exams are going to start and I'm so busy. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
can i know where i can study igcse? i wanna also ask if i may, that i might do some of my igcse in year 10 in a middle eastern country can i continue year 11 in the uk in a private school or no? can i have an answer as soon as possible thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest