The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by IdeasForLife
Are C3/C4 solomon papers harder then the normal exams? Or easier?

Do the normal papers and you will find that there are only around 2 questions which are really challenging.

On the Solomon Press all of them are normally challenging, so it's really easy to find your weaknesses, which should really be the whole point your revising.

I'm going through as many Solomon Press as I can in the next 2 weeks (timed) , then starting normal Papers after.
Reply 481
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'd say some are on par, they just make you think abit more about what you're doing instead of following certain routine like you normally would.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With a name like MathsNerd you must be a god of maths.

I find the Solomon Press much more challenging.
Original post by Better
With a name like MathsNerd you must be a god of maths.

I find the Solomon Press much more challenging.

Try to ignore my username as its completely inaccurate, it was just the first thing that came to my mind when it asked for a username, it's sad I know :tongue:

Well for C4 I've only done about 4-5 of them but they really don't seem much harder than what I was given in lesson, although I self taught C4 because my class was going incredibly slow, the integration is the main part really and normally contains to majority of the marks in the exam so make sure that's as strong as possible. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys i got a question about C4. I was doing EX 6E in the new edexcel book page 100. I've been told this is integration by recognition however a couple of people have told me to learn integration by substitution first and then use this exercise as practise? Is this is a good idea? The examples before the exercise seem to use a weird method... Please help
Thanks
Reply 484
Need HELP

Attached below Solomon Press C4 Paper A Question 6a

Can't get my head around this?

need help.PNG
Original post by Better
Need HELP

Attached below Solomon Press C4 Paper A Question 6a

Can't get my head around this?

need help.PNG

Have a look in your formula booklet and you should recognise how to change that into something you can integrate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 486
Original post by MathsNerd1
Have a look in your formula booklet and you should recognise how to change that into something you can integrate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't see it argh. Let me sleep on it. Probably should sleep on it, my D1 Exam is in 4 weeks and only starting my first paper for it tomorrow along with another C4 Solomon Press.

Spartans, lets brace ourselves for tomorrows battle.
Reply 487
Original post by Better
Don't see it argh. Let me sleep on it. Probably should sleep on it, my D1 Exam is in 4 weeks and only starting my first paper for it tomorrow along with another C4 Solomon Press.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 488
Original post by nm786
Have you got Word version of all the papers to january 2013?

nah man, lemme know if you find them tho
Reply 489
Original post by nm786

Spoiler

Still unsure. :/
Reply 490
Original post by Better

cos(3x+2x)=cos3xcos2x-sin3xsin2x
cos(3x-2x)=cos3xcos2x+sin3xsin2x
subtracting gives....
Original post by Better

There's an example of this in the textbook try example 6 on page 93. Do that example and then you'll be able to solve this one!
Reply 492
Original post by nukethemaly
There's an example of this in the textbook try example 6 on page 93. Do that example and then you'll be able to solve this one!

You hero thank you very much, kk I'll check it out when I have my book!!
how do you answer question 12)d) in mixed exercise 5K?! help is much appreciated ! :redface:
Original post by masryboy94
how do you answer question 12)d) in mixed exercise 5K?! help is much appreciated ! :redface:

Is it differentiation? You'll have to post it. I don't have the boom infront of me :redface:
Original post by brittanna
Yeah, I started them a couple of weeks ago (c4 papers), although i've only done about two papers. Vectors are the most difficult topic for me.

What have you been getting so far?
Original post by The Guide.
What have you been getting so far?

I haven't really been doing them properly under exam conditions. I've been doing a question, looking at the answer and correcting it if the answer is wrong. But I think i'm probably averaging around the 67/68 mark. Although a lot of those marks are from numerical errors (e.g. substituting in limits incorrectly).
Original post by brittanna
I haven't really been doing them properly under exam conditions. I've been doing a question, looking at the answer and correcting it if the answer is wrong. But I think i'm probably averaging around the 67/68 mark. Although a lot of those marks are from numerical errors (e.g. substituting in limits incorrectly).

Same position as you mate... What grades do you need for uni and what have you applied for?
Original post by This Excellency
Is it differentiation? You'll have to post it. I don't have the boom infront of me :redface:

well i'll write up the whole question since you will probably need it:

12) Referred to a fixed origin O, the points A,B and C have position vectors (9,-2,1), (6,2,6) and (3,p,q) respectively, where p and q are constants.

a) find, in vector form, an equation of the line L which passes through A and B. (answer - r = (9,-2,1) + t(-3,4,5).

b) Find the value of p and the value of q. (answer - p=6, q=11).

c) Calculate, in degrees, the acute angle between OC and AB. (answer - 39.8 degrees).

d) The point D lies on AB and is such that OD is perpendicular to AB. Find the position vector of D. ??????????!!!!!!!! :confused:
Original post by masryboy94

Can't help with vectors sadly, I haven't gone through them :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending