The Student Room Group

KCL OFFER - help, please!

I applied to KCL for an LLM a while ago and fortunately received a conditional offer. I am currently in my last year and my offer requires me to maintain the average grade I'd achieved until then. This year is being tougher than the previous ones and I am not sure I will be able to maintain my grade, something which I am worried about, since I really want to attend King's in September.

Does anyone know how strict they are with conditional offers whose requirements have not been met (say by 2 to 5%)? Taking into account other factors (work experience, languages, extracurricular activities...) do you believe I could still stand a chance?

I received my offer within 2 days of sending my application, something I was pleased about, yet it might have been due to the fact that I applied relatively early (end of November). I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thank you very much.
I appreciate you're just trying to understand the flexibility, but in doing so you're unconsciously reassuring yourself that you can get away with not doing your best. The only thing you should be asking is 'what can I do in order to get my average as high as I possibly can', the answer to which is 'put in the effort'.

It's as simple as that really! If you want it that bad, then work your arse off.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Magnum Opus
I appreciate you're just trying to understand the flexibility, but in doing so you're unconsciously reassuring yourself that you can get away with not doing your best. The only thing you should be asking is 'what can I do in order to get my average as high as I possibly can', the answer to which is 'put in the effort'.

It's as simple as that really! If you want it that bad, then work your arse off.

Thank you very much for your comment, Magnum Opus. I am working hard and doing my best, so I do hope everything will turn out just fine!
Original post by crisl91
Thank you very much for your comment, Magnum Opus. I am working hard and doing my best, so I do hope everything will turn out just fine!

I do too, we may even see each other at King's. Just remember, focus on what is important (meeting your conditions) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest