The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Another idea I shamelessly stole borrowed from last year. :colone: They had their own award ceremony :biggrin: . I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing one too? :colondollar:

Last year's awards were:

Spoiler

We could always add/remove a few to personalise it a bit. :smile: I'll happily organise it (which means I'll have to be left out of nominations but oh well :tongue: ). Thoughts? :smile:

Proposed Additions
Best Invader (member from outside Year 11)
LEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS Award (member most likely to do stupid stuff :tongue: )

This sounds great! Though L'Evil Fish is really nice and I think he'd win every award :tongue: can we limit the amount of awards people can win?
B00d is back bros!
Another idea I shamelessly stole borrowed from last year. :colone: They had their own award ceremony :biggrin: . I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing one too? :colondollar:

Last year's awards were:

Spoiler

We could always add/remove a few to personalise it a bit. :smile: I'll happily organise it (which means I'll have to be left out of nominations but oh well :tongue: ). Thoughts? :smile:

Proposed Additions
Best Invader (member from outside Year 11)
LEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS Award (member most likely to do stupid stuff :tongue: )

I just noticed this post, lovely idea in general but it's missing one thing - the IB award :sly: :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
I just noticed this post, lovely idea in general but it's missing one thing - the IB award :sly: :tongue:

No one cares about IB lol
Original post by Elm Tree

quiet, naive fool
Original post by Henold
This sounds great! Though L'Evil Fish is really nice and I think he'd win every award :tongue: can we limit the amount of awards people can win?

Even thread queen? :lol: If he wins them all then fair dos, but I don't think he will.

Original post by Bude8
B00d is back bros!

That was quick! :tongue:

Original post by Bude8

Yeah, but none of us have done the IB yet.
Just put it under 'obsessed member' :wink:

also this:
x

Well I never said it was for revision, did I? :sly:

When we did awards in the boarding houses, we basically made awards that were destined for one person. Eg, the 'Tic-Tac' award, you can figure out what that one means...
Original post by Bude8
Well I never said it was for revision, did I? :sly:

When we did awards in the boarding houses, we basically made awards that were destined for one person. Eg, the 'Tic-Tac' award, you can figure out what that one means...

Err... I hope that wasn't you! :lol:

I was awarded "Asks the most stupid questions" in Year 5. :tongue: I have been an idiot from a young age :redface:
Err... I hope that wasn't you! :lol:

I was awarded "Asks the most stupid questions" in Year 5. :tongue: I have been an idiot from a young age :redface:

Oh no, those awards were for the upper sixth leavers :tongue:

Stupid questions :daydreaming:
Reply 829
Original post by L'Evil Fish
That means he doesn't learn romance languages I think :tongue:(translate damnit! Trying to save you)

:hand: thought you were learning Italian! ---> Penso che imparavo (imperfect btw, can't remember) l'italiano!

I don't have time, I'd much rather devote my time to interesting languages :colone:
Original post by Bude8
Oh no, those awards were for the upper sixth leavers :tongue:

Stupid questions :daydreaming:

The sad thing is I still haven't stopped... the other day I asked "How does gravity work". Oh Tails :facepalm2:
The sad thing is I still haven't stopped... the other day I asked "How does gravity work". Oh Tails :facepalm2:

Tbh that's a good question :tongue:

For me, a stupid question would be something like 'What gender is king?' (Yes, someone said it :tongue:)

Happens to me as well :lol:

I once asked a teacher if she wanted her keys back :colondollar:
Original post by Bluffroom
Romance languages are the sexiest things ever. If I could converse freely between English, Spanish, French and Italian thay would be insane. Spanish and Italian are very similar so it shouldn't be hell tp learn

Yeah, they're Similar

Original post by MangoFreak
I don't have time, I'd much rather devote my time to interesting languages :colone:

:hand:
Happens to me as well :lol:

I once asked a teacher if she wanted her keys back :colondollar:

you're such a weirdo
Original post by Bude8
you're such a weirdo

:tongue:

She thought I was joking too :s-smilie:
Bros and ho- sisters of Year 11, I think we should organise a year 11 meet up.
Reply 837
Has anyone seen the new oz film? Is it any good? I'm seeing it Wednesday :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, they're Similar

:hand:

extremely- i remember seeing an article on how they are technically just dialects and not separate languages which was very interesting
Original post by Bude8
Bros and ho- sisters of Year 11, I think we should organise a year 11 meet up.

Would be cool, but difficult - if it was at Birmingham or London for example I would instantly decline as it's too far away.
Original post by Bluffroom
extremely- i remember seeing an article on how they are technically just dialects and not separate languages which was very interesting

Would be cool, but difficult - if it was at Birmingham or London for example I would instantly decline as it's too far away.

Who said you were invited? :tongue:

Thinking about it now, it's a bad idea :tongue:

Latest