The Student Room Group

Geog A2 - Sharing of Notes

I was wondering if people would be interested in using this as a thread to share or swap Geography notes. So you request a case study or topic of notes and then someone says I'll send them to you if you send me this etc.

Worse thing that can happen is someone gets a couple of pages of your notes and it helps them (doesn't disadvantage you).

Think this is particularly helpful because of the amount of case studies.

Those who have done any of the courses before can contribute their own notes.

I don't want any particular ones at the moment but sure when I finish revision I will have found a topic I'm unsure on.
Reply 1
Original post by newgu
I was wondering if people would be interested in using this as a thread to share or swap Geography notes. So you request a case study or topic of notes and then someone says I'll send them to you if you send me this etc.

Worse thing that can happen is someone gets a couple of pages of your notes and it helps them (doesn't disadvantage you).

I don't want any particular ones at the moment but sure when I finish revision I will have found a topic I'm unsure on.

It does disadvantage us - the better people do, the lower our overall UMS is. So my notes are staying firmly on my computer thanks!
Reply 2
Original post by SimpleTom
It does disadvantage us - the better people do, the lower our overall UMS is. So my notes are staying firmly on my computer thanks!

Aren't you lovely.

Original post by newgu

I hand write everything so I can't upload mine, but 'get revising' has loads people have uploaded, I've found some great ones on World Cities and Weather and Climate on there :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JenniS
Aren't you lovely.

I would gladly give up my notes after the exams, but why should I get hours of hard work to someone I am competing against?

Agree,
Tried to balance your rep for ya.
Reply 5
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
Agree,
Tried to balance your rep for ya.

Haha, thanks man. I don't mind people who SHARE notes, but those who just take them, especially on a public forum...

If you have good solid notes for geog you are sorted, all you need left is a good memory!
Tom you say that, yet you ask me for help... and say that your notes are staying private, yet you seem to want them.
Reply 7
Original post by clareramos
Tom you say that, yet you ask me for help... and say that your notes are staying private, yet you seem to want them.

Like I said, I have no problem with sharing notes with other people. However by posting my notes on a public forum I am not sharing them, I am giving away hours of hard work. 25,000 sat the geography A level last year. I would estimate at least 4 thousand come on this site at some stage for help. By giving out my notes I am potentially letting people do better, who don't have as detailed notes. This lowers the grading scale of the UMS and as a result my marks effectively go down.

If anyone wants to PM notes and share theirs in exchange I have no problem with this.
Reply 8
Yes Tom that was what I was suggesting note exchanges as I know many feel uncomfortable giving notes to people for "nothing" in return. I doubt 4000 come on here, seeing as less than 20 different people I would say post on this Geog A2 forum.
Like I said, I have no problem with sharing notes with other people. However by posting my notes on a public forum I am not sharing them, I am giving away hours of hard work. 25,000 sat the geography A level last year. I would estimate at least 4 thousand come on this site at some stage for help. By giving out my notes I am potentially letting people do better, who don't have as detailed notes. This lowers the grading scale of the UMS and as a result my marks effectively go down.

If anyone wants to PM notes and share theirs in exchange I have no problem with this.

Don't mean to be pedantic but isn't that what the OP said in the first place? People can say what notes they need, someone else says they will send the notes in exchange for other notes? ie: exchange of notes, not just giving them away :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending