The Student Room Group

Were your parents married when you were born? - Research..please respond!

Scroll to see replies

unmarried, still together married now
Reply 61
Original post by Noble.
Remember this is 20 years ago, arguably coming towards the end of a time where it was practically socially unacceptable to get pregnant outside of marriage.

I agree, its a shame its changed though :/
Unmarried and split.
Married and (unhappily!) still together.
^^ Married and (also unhappily!) still together
Reply 65
Unmarried (but now married) and still together.
Original post by maik13
so glad alot of people have morals and marry before getting preggers

I don't think that you really need to get married before having children to be honest, marriage is just a bit of paper and some rights at the end of the day.

My aunt and Uncle have been together for 20 odd years, have never gotten married but have 2 lovely children and a wonderful life...
Reply 67
Married and still together. Had a shaky patch a couple years back when my mum packed up and left for a few days, but returned. I don't think their relationship was in genuinely serious trouble, though. It was more than that, she was upset at her lifestyle and how she felt we treated her as a whole family.
Reply 68
Married and still together
Reply 69
Original post by beccagood95
I don't think that you really need to get married before having children to be honest, marriage is just a bit of paper and some rights at the end of the day.

My aunt and Uncle have been together for 20 odd years, have never gotten married but have 2 lovely children and a wonderful life...

they are one example, but if they are committed to each other, then why not get married so people are aware that they are a couple. If it is just a piece of a paper why not just get married if itll make no difference? When they aren't married,most of the time they don't last together due to cheating or so. I dont believe in sex out of marriage, why else has HIV/AIDS increased in the last 40-50 years.
Reply 70
Married and spilt
Married and still together.
Reply 72
Married (while pregnant) and together.

There's a problem with your unmarried and split option though- how many of these were unplanned pregnancies extremely early on in relationships or even one night stands/short flings, relationships that probably wouldn't have lassted very long anyway? Some of these parents may have even been split by the time the child was born.
Married and split. Remarried in the case of my Dad.
Married and still together
Unmarried when born, never married, split
Reply 76
Original post by syrettd
Married (while pregnant) and together.

There's a problem with your unmarried and split option though- how many of these were unplanned pregnancies extremely early on in relationships or even one night stands/short flings, relationships that probably wouldn't have lassted very long anyway? Some of these parents may have even been split by the time the child was born.

As much as I agree, I have to add that if people have one night stands or have short relationships why bring a child into the world, My parents were together for 10 years before splitting, 4 of those were before me (the first born to my dad) was born. Children should be made from love and not alcohol etc...
Hope I'm not offending anyone, this is merely just my opinion x
Reply 77
Not married. Still together :awesome:
Married then divorced.
Reply 79
Married and still together :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending