The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Imperial please help

Hi everyone. I am an international student with an undergrad degree in management. I have offers from both Warwick (MSc Business) and Imperial (Economics and Strategy for Business). The programmes are quite similar, so it is really difficult for me to make a choice. As far as I have understood, Warwick is a better business school, however Imperial is a better uni in general. I am planning to find a job in EU (not necessarily UK) or US after the graduation. What can you recommend in my situation? Please help me, I am really confused :frown:
Reply 1
Warwick Business school is brilliant I was doing a law and business degree there.
It depends what type of experience you want to have, Warwick is very isolated and obviously imperial won't be.
Visit both and see how you feel.
I also heard that Warwick Business school maybe splitting from the university, which will obviously cause problems.
Reply 2
Original post by reedA93
Warwick Business school is brilliant I was doing a law and business degree there.
It depends what type of experience you want to have, Warwick is very isolated and obviously imperial won't be.
Visit both and see how you feel.
I also heard that Warwick Business school maybe splitting from the university, which will obviously cause problems.

I have visited both, and both are impressive in their own way. I really liked Warwick campus - very peacefull and quite. I also like WBS course slightly more. However, the main thing bothering me is reputation. As an international student I heard much about Imperial, but not so much about Warwick.
Reply 3
Warwick is up and coming, it is very well known in the UK and in a few years I think it's reputation will become international.
Reply 4
Original post by reedA93
Warwick is up and coming, it is very well known in the UK and in a few years I think it's reputation will become international.

What do you think about career opportunities with these degrees? Some people told me that Imperial degree will be more helpful, as uni is based in London
Reply 5
How about Imperial (Economics and Business Strategy) against LSE (Management and Strategy)?
Reply 6
Original post by johnyp
How about Imperial (Economics and Business Strategy) against LSE (Management and Strategy)?

Depends on what you want really. After a brief look at the LSE course I think that it is more focused on strategy from the management perspective, rather than economic at Imperial. Think about what skills and knowledge you want, and which course will suit your career goals better.

I also heard a lot of people saying that LSE is a better choice for academic courses, but as a business school it is not as good. I think you should visit both and speak about these courses, as it is always helpful.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending