The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Im interested never really done a fantasy football. Always do fantasy basketball team haha

I casually started playing it back when I lived in Texas. I think it actually pu's an interesting spin on watching Football, since you're not only rooting for your team, but also your FF players. That being said, there are some basic rules that you should follow in order not to let FF ruin your football watching habits... for instance, when in doubt, draft a player that you like watching over a player you can't stand, even if the latter is a more promising 'prospect'. It's all fun and games, after all.
Easily one of the best seasons ever. He was flat out dominant. Brilliant Pass rusher. Good at setting the edge to stop the run. Incredible at deflecting passes. Never seen a DE do so much deflecting...

Clearly haven't seen me play :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5562
Im interested never really done a fantasy football. Always do fantasy basketball team haha

I did baseball last season, didn't get invited to any leagues this year though. It definitely makes the season more exciting, I usually sit with my laptop watching redzone on sky furiously flicking between games to check my players stats lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tokyoround
Clearly haven't seen me play :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh damn a rival to JJ.Watts throne ? :tongue:

Original post by ..DT..
I did baseball last season, didn't get invited to any leagues this year though. It definitely makes the season more exciting, I usually sit with my laptop watching redzone on sky furiously flicking between games to check my players stats lol.

Its great fun haha makes you watch lots of other teams. Although I usually watch a few teams anyway.
Throwing this out there - NFL Gamepass is GREAT during the regular season. Patriots tend to get blacked out because they're usually on in primetime, but for £100 you get every regular season game (blacked out games 24 hours after completion).

Don't bother with it during play-offs though because every game is blacked our for 24 hours (and during playoffs you can't wait that long for a result), and there's always enough quality streams.
Original post by Authority_Song
Throwing this out there - NFL Gamepass is GREAT during the regular season. Patriots tend to get blacked out because they're usually on in primetime, but for £100 you get every regular season game (blacked out games 24 hours after completion).

Don't bother with it during play-offs though because every game is blacked our for 24 hours (and during playoffs you can't wait that long for a result), and there's always enough quality streams.

Yup i had gamepass last year. Seems expensive but i thought it was well worth it. What do you think of the Patriots picking Kenny Stills or Aaron Dobson at 2nd this year at the draft?
Reply 5566
I'd rather watch red-zone and stream the buccs than pay £100 to watch the games. Just seems excessive.
Yup i had gamepass last year. Seems expensive but i thought it was well worth it. What do you think of the Patriots picking Kenny Stills or Aaron Dobson at 2nd this year at the draft?

Don't know mate. I don't pay attention to the draft beyond the first two or three picks. Recently all we have seen is that due to the changing nature of the league, none of the experts have a clue what's happening beyond pick two or three. I prefer to just wait to see who we pick then start learning about them after.
Original post by Authority_Song
Don't know mate. I don't pay attention to the draft beyond the first two or three picks. Recently all we have seen is that due to the changing nature of the league, none of the experts have a clue what's happening beyond pick two or three. I prefer to just wait to see who we pick then start learning about them after.

Hmm I think my perfect draft would be

trade our first for a second and a third/fourth.

2nd round- Amerson or Banks. We need one more Cornerback so Arrington does not see time outside of the slot... Wouldn't surprise me if we try get Barrett Jones though.
2nd round- Dobson, Robert Woods or DaRick Rogers. Need that big WR to stretch the field.
3rd round- A DE or DT to provide pass rush.
4th round - Jeleaini Jenkins, need a LB who can cover the middle of the field so we stop being gashed by TE and RB.
7th round- Marqueess Wilson another receiver.
7th round-Dennard Robinson i like as a project could be a huge bust but hes got the athleticism no harm letting him develop :tongue:
Gronkowski suffers another setback with his arm supposedly...

What the **** are they doing down there in Boston. Fix the damn thing ffs. Welker healed from his ACL tear faster then this.
[video="youtube;_Jmisv1Spck"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmisv1Spck&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Great video and who's cutting those damn onions! :cry2:
I don't suppose anyone has any idea when pre-season tickets are released for sale?
Original post by getinthevan
I don't suppose anyone has any idea when pre-season tickets are released for sale?

Their already on sale aren't they? I remember getting mine really early May perhaps late April a couple years back.

Who you planning on seeing?
Their already on sale aren't they? I remember getting mine really early May perhaps late April a couple years back.

Who you planning on seeing?

Chargers/Niners in San Diego :smile: nothing is on sale yet, in fact half the websites don't even have the pre-season schedule up yet.
Chargers/Niners in San Diego :smile: nothing is on sale yet, in fact half the websites don't even have the pre-season schedule up yet.

Oh you a Chargers fan ? :tongue: Umm I think they're on sale now for season ticket holders and after a while the rest for the public should be out. Only the Bronco's 49ers has been decided the date but they should be out very soon!
Oh you a Chargers fan ? :tongue: Umm I think they're on sale now for season ticket holders and after a while the rest for the public should be out. Only the Bronco's 49ers has been decided the date but they should be out very soon!

Not specifically :p: I'm heading to the US for a bit of a tour with a friend and that game was the only one that really fit in with our plans - I'd have loved to see the Jets but sadly not to be!
American football meh, slow, boring version of rugby with padding.
Not specifically :p: I'm heading to the US for a bit of a tour with a friend and that game was the only one that really fit in with our plans - I'd have loved to see the Jets but sadly not to be!

That Jets?!? The Jets... Excuse me but... :laugh:

Of all the teams the Jets :tongue:

Found out the 49ers game against the chargers is on 29th of August.
Original post by Ziggy2252
American football meh, slow, boring version of rugby with padding.

Typical rugby person who doesn't understand.
That Jets?!? The Jets... Excuse me but... :laugh:

Of all the teams the Jets :tongue:

Found out the 49ers game against the chargers is on 29th of August.

Oh shush :p:

... You are completely right, no idea how I cocked that up. Guess that means seeing a NFL game is out for us then :frown:

Latest