The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol haven't replied... [concerned]

Hi,
I sent an application to study Mathematics here on 17th November, 2012 and now (over four months later) have still not heard back from the university. UCAS states that generally universities are expected to reply by the end of March, which has recently passed. I am wondering whether or not it is necessary to email them about this as I am slightly confused as to when they will (finally) reply. Should I?
Reply 1
http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

It says here that, for the 31st of March deadline, Universities may take longer. I didn't receive my offer until the 28th of March, so maybe they are running a bit behind. One can only guess.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
If you are concerned then phone them and politely ask when they think they'll be able to make a decision about your application. They wont mind.
My friend is in the same position for Chemistry. Apparently he gets very annoying emails with the header "News on your application to the University Of Bristol", but when you open it it says "your application is still being considered" :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
I am in the same position, applied on the 4th of October for politics and have had countless "update" emails with no reply - rang them and they said that the 31st was just an aim for universities, and that they were hoping to have replied to everyone by the end of April
Reply 5
It's fine now, I received an offer from them (A in Further Mathematics) on Tuesday.
My friend got an offer for Chemistry today :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by follymiranda
I am in the same position, applied on the 4th of October for politics and have had countless "update" emails with no reply - rang them and they said that the 31st was just an aim for universities, and that they were hoping to have replied to everyone by the end of April

did you get an offer? I've firmed Bristol, but can't find anyone doing Politics!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending