The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meh, haven't really played well since that RM game. Fergie makes some weird decisions. I don't understand why Kagawa doesn't get more time on the pitch. I would've been more annoyed if the points gap wasn't 12 points though. Lol.
Young is just not a united player in terms of wingers over the years! He has no strength, no trickery, not taking on his man. Imagine if we had hazard this season, never mind him-even Milner is better-Milner!

I still don't know what welbeck is. He is not a stricker-he doesn't score and doesn't have striker's natural instinct in front of goal, although he has all the attributes needed to become a striker-he does not score

We need a left winger-we just do. And a midfielder. That is all.

Still going to win title-next match please.
Young must be one of Fergie's worst signings in recent years. Does nothing all game, such a one trick pony. Kagawa should have started ahead of him and Cleverley should have been playing instead of Giggs.
****ing ridiculous from Ferguson. I don't blame Giggs one bit, he made a mistake further up the pitch - but he shouldn't have started in CM at the age of 40 against a high energy team like City. What was fergie thinking, absolutely retarded.

Kagawa needs to be played, he's not a flop, if you dont play him, he wont contribute ffs. Its ****ing annoying.
Funny thing is Young did more overall today than Giggs, RvP or Rooney
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
it is because we do not have an imposing midfield. I think if he used cleverly today-put him on in last 20 min instead of giggs.

You say this but if chelsea manage to dominate you guys with possession with mikel and ramires in the FA cup matches and force you to play on the counter in reality you should be able to as well with similar DMs if not better DM's/CMs. It's not like your AM's are bad either with kagawa and rooney there, while I'd rather have hazard and mata your midfield are around the same as ours so shouldn't really be dominated.

Really if your wingers were better we wouldn't be talking about playing on the counter as it would work obviously. But there aren't many top class high flying direct wingers in this league anymore. If we were to count, there's gareth bale(if he can still be called one), nani on form and that's it. You only have prospects like moses, zaha, chamberlain and second tier players like walcott who are good but not there.
Young isn't the major problem on days like today, the balance in midfield is. Giggs shouldn't have started next to Carrick, it should have been Cleverley - like the system that made us beat them 3-2 at the Etihad. It's baffling that SAF didn't go for our best midfield partnership, but the changes didn't really rectify anything. Chucking on Hernandez for Rooney made little sense; yes, he's someone you want a chance to fall to but you're also taking off our most creative player without replacing him. It should have been Kagawa on for Rooney.
Original post by Tommyjw
Funny thing is Young did more overall today than Giggs, RvP or Rooney

RvP excellent buildup play and got an assist.
Reply 2448
I think hernadez should have started instead of RVP
Its doesn't really bother me that much tbh. I guess I saw it coming. Man City simply have a better team 7/10 times they will beat us. Its the mentality of the team which is better not the quality. The midfield wasn't as it should be, and even then it would have been weaker. You cannot take the backseat in games time and time again which is pretty much what we do against all the big sides. We need to improve the midfield in summer, god forbid a competent manager in charge of a top side comes about, like a Jose return.
Original post by rickjames
RvP excellent buildup play and got an assist.

Hardly call it excellent at all. It was okay.

He didn't actually create anything other than that free kick (and im pretty sure the assist is Jones), wasted corners which went stupidly high etc.

Young, whilst not a flashy performance, put in several decent crosses, made decent runs whilst Giggs was off chatting to Hart the whole game etc.

RvPs abuse of lack of goalswill carry on though, even though people with short memories will ignore Suarezs 1 goal in like 520 minutes in nov/dec.
Original post by pissingMonkey
Manchester City 2-1 Manchester United

u furious?

2-1 is irrelevant tonight, it's the number 20 that will be relevant at the end of the season.

You mad?
Original post by Mess.
What would people put as an all time Ferguson 18 :beard:

I actually took quite a bit of time to work this out.

Schmeichel
--Neville--Stam--Vidic--Evra--
--Ronaldo--Keane--Scholes--Giggs--
--Cantona--RVN--

Subs: VDS; Ferdinand; Irwin; Beckham; Robson; Rooney; Solskjaer

(Solskjaer wasn't as good as guys like Cole, but you can't have a Fergie all time team without having him on the bench).
Giggs would have been ideal to play against Stoke where his experience would have come in handy and allowed Carrick-Cleverley to continue their partnership, some baffling decisions by SAF tbh. SAF thought Giggs could do a similiar performance vs Madrid when the Spanish giants play abit more slowly with their ball control compared to City who really don't waste time and push forward quickly.

It seemed chaotic to shove on Hernandez - sure he gets goals at big moments but he can't do it all the time. Nani would have been a more attacking option than Valencia who for once, actually did go past a man.

Disappointing.
Reply 2454
We really need better wingers and a new midfield signing if we are going to compete next year. Need to stop playing players out of position, it's getting ridiculous lol. Welbeck has played LW all season :rofl:

And just to add, IMO Nani, Young & Valencia are decent squad players but they will never match up to Europe's best. Signing Zaha isn't going to change the winger situation much either.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Hardly call it excellent at all. It was okay.

He didn't actually create anything other than that free kick (and im pretty sure the assist is Jones), wasted corners which went stupidly high etc.

Young, whilst not a flashy performance, put in several decent crosses, made decent runs whilst Giggs was off chatting to Hart the whole game etc.

RvPs abuse of lack of goalswill carry on though, even though people with short memories will ignore Suarezs 1 goal in like 520 minutes in nov/dec.

He did what he was expected to do upfront (bar scoring) and performed very well in making the right pass each time. So you'd credit Jones' header that was going wide for the goal, over RvP's delivery? Lets be honest, RvP was the architect of that one. Young didn't do badly, but he was in no way better than RvP today.

Ferguson even said it himself that RvP was outstanding (although ferguson did also claim the team performed well today :s-smilie: so we can take that with a pinch of salt)
doesn't matter. u still got spanked

A 2-1 defeat has not, and never shall, constitute a 'spanking'. :facepalm:
Original post by Akkuz
We really need better wingers and a new midfield signing if we are going to compete next year. Need to stop playing players out of position, it's getting ridiculous lol. Welbeck has played LW all season :rofl:

Its alright, we have Zaha.. 3rd choice being Hazard and Lucas Moura:s-smilie:
Reply 2458
Original post by rickjames
Its alright, we have Zaha.. 3rd choice being Hazard and Lucas Moura:s-smilie:

If not Giggs can always slot in LW next season.
Reply 2459
lol @ ppl blaming fergie for starting giggs. what does giggs' age have to do with the goal he gave away? surely the older and more experienced u are the less likely u are to make rookie mistakes like the one we saw tonight

man city are the better head-to-head team. stop pointing the blame and just admit defeat - u got outclassed today

We're blaming the defeat on having some bad players; you just said that's why we lost, so why would we say anything else? Certain members of the team aren't good enough for games of that level.

Latest