The Student Room Group

Lack of revision/Exam techniques.

Okay, so I thought to do a thread for all those who have not revised as much as they'd hope and want exam techniques on how to do well. What do you guys think is the best and most efficient way to revise?
Reply 1
This is isn't a revision technique but will certainly help stop me from getting distracted. It will be terribly hard to do, but I am going to block youtube from my computer. I get way too distracted by it. All I ever do is watch crap and without realising how long i spend on it.

I even deleted facebook long ago, but don't really care anymore. No life
Reply 2
Original post by -Nour-
This is isn't a revision technique but will certainly help stop me from getting distracted. It will be terribly hard to do, but I am going to block youtube from my computer. I get way too distracted by it. All I ever do is watch crap and without realising how long i spend on it.

I even deleted facebook long ago, but don't really care anymore. No life

This is so true! Yesterday I spent my whole night searching the similarities between humans and chimpanzees... I also tend to dream a lot, I dont know if thats just me. But I just pretend I have no exams and start thinking of an 'ideal' life... pure procrastination right there!
I have a tablet so I can access everything like a computer without the effort of turning or leaving a computer on.
Hence I spend most of the time getting side tracked on it xD but it comes in handy when searching up information so I always have it near me... I guess the best way to stop getting distracted is by isolating yourself, like in a library.
Reply 4
Original post by benitashrestha
This is so true! Yesterday I spent my whole night searching the similarities between humans and chimpanzees... I also tend to dream a lot, I dont know if thats just me. But I just pretend I have no exams and start thinking of an 'ideal' life... pure procrastination right there!

Hahahaaa thats hilarious! Although I have probably watched muuuuch more random stuff than that :L
I do daydream but it definitely is not the biggest problem when it comes to revision. I used to revise really well at home, but recently this wasn't working for me. Now i have to go to the library to not get distracted.

Quick Reply

Latest