The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Anyone study Economic History currently?

Could anyone that currently studies Economic History at LSE give me some insight into the teaching and the course in general?

Opinions of the staff, job prospects and exam layout would be great appreciated. I know it's a hard ask, but surely there is one of you out there!
Reply 1
Bump
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Bump :redface: A breakdown would be great, I really need to see if I'm making the right choice!
Reply 3
Original post by Leondrip
Bump :redface: A breakdown would be great, I really need to see if I'm making the right choice!

why don't you have a look on their website? what is the choice between?
Reply 4
Original post by TPJY
why don't you have a look on their website? what is the choice between?

The choice is between studying second year politics at University of Sydney (currently at York w/ a study abroad scheme but not enjoying it) or restarting and studying first year economic history at LSE.

Tempted towards economic history, and the specification online looks good.
But I've heard quite a few bad things about how dry the economic history is, and how it can sometimes be mathematical (which I'd suffer with) - but those are different courses that include economic history (at different universities)
Reply 5
Original post by Leondrip
The choice is between studying second year politics at University of Sydney (currently at York w/ a study abroad scheme but not enjoying it) or restarting and studying first year economic history at LSE.

Tempted towards economic history, and the specification online looks good.
But I've heard quite a few bad things about how dry the economic history is, and how it can sometimes be mathematical (which I'd suffer with) - but those are different courses that include economic history (at different universities)

Might be beneficial to go to the offer holders visit day and ask people about the course then?
Reply 6
Original post by TPJY
Might be beneficial to go to the offer holders visit day and ask people about the course then?

It's a hard ask to see if I can find someone on the course, you're right. I'm going to order two of the recommended reading books from the course to get an idea of what I'll be looking at, and follow up by visiting the open day (again) - Thanks!
Reply 7
I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who happens to currently be studying in the Econ History department :smile:
Reply 8
I just got an offer for the MSc in Econ History program so would also be interested in knowing some more about the course from those currently going through it!

Cheers :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ducky1411
I just got an offer for the MSc in Econ History program so would also be interested in knowing some more about the course from those currently going through it!

Cheers :smile:

Hello I'll be doing MSc Economic History from LSE.What do you plan on doing after the degree? And what do you reckon are the career prospects of studying Eco History at post-graduate level?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ac14354
Hello I'll be doing MSc Economic History from LSE.What do you planning to doing after the degree? And what do you reckon are the career prospects of studying Eco History at post-graduate level?

Well, I planned on being an academic. For non-academic careers, I think other degrees may be more appropriate? But I've since changed my mind...realising I don't like history that much...and switching to another field :smile: (Plus, it's too pricey for me!)

All the best with your program!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending