The Student Room Group

Why abortion is wrong.

I have a ball in my hand. I drop the ball, now with interfering without the ball it will most definitely fall to the floor. This is its natural cycle. I let go, ball falls, ball hits the ground. The fact that the ball will fall is a fact. Now let me ask you, what is the difference between me releasing the ball, catching it before it even leaves my hand and burning it and me dropping the ball and catching it half-way and burning it. The answer is; there is none! You end a natural cycle before its definite end, you kill of the emotions, the experiences it was definitely going to have; you have killed a person.

Now let me give you some statistics:

196,082 abortions in the UK in 2011
44,000,000 abortions (that is 44 million) in the world
Let me put this in to perspective, in 10 years you have killed more than the population of the united States.

7% of abortions are for either a consequence of rape or health problems to the mother. The rest is because of social reasons. This just infuriates me, if you don't kill your fellow man to steal his money why kill your own child?

Millions are killed every year because people are unable to make an emotional connection with them just because they are bound in a sack of skin. The same people that say "How could the Nazis kill millions of people" well they did it the same way you do!

(the You refers to everyone supporting abortion)

Thank you for reading,

Gray Wolf

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/may/24/abortion-statistics-england-wales

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/Sedgh-Lancet-2012-01.pdf

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Gray Wolf
I have a ball in my hand. I drop the ball, now with interfering without the ball it will most definitely fall to the floor. This is its natural cycle. I let go, ball falls, ball hits the ground. The fact that the ball will fall is a fact. Now let me ask you, what is the difference between me releasing the ball, catching it before it even leaves my hand and burning it and me dropping the ball and catching it half-way and burning it. The answer is; there is none! You end a natural cycle before its definite end, you kill of the emotions, the experiences it was definitely going to have; you have killed a person.

Now let me give you some statistics:

196,082 abortions in the UK in 2011
44,000,000 abortions (that is 44 million) in the world
Let me put this in to perspective, in 10 years you have killed more than the population of the united States.

7% of abortions are for either a consequence of rape or health problems to the mother. The rest is because of social reasons. This just infuriates me, if you don't kill your fellow man to steal his money why kill your own child?

Millions are killed every year because people are unable to make an emotional connection with them just because they are bound in a sack of skin. The same people that say "How could the Nazis kill millions of people" well they did it the same way you do!

(the You refers to everyone supporting abortion)

Thank you for reading,

Gray Wolf

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/may/24/abortion-statistics-england-wales

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/Sedgh-Lancet-2012-01.pdf

**** off this isn't North Dakota, or republican america for that matter.

Having an abortion is better than bringing at child into life without loving parents or care, or nurturing or good living conditions etc
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ruby321
I agree. If you don't want a baby, don't ****ing have sex.

That's like saying if you don't want to get hit by another driver and die, don't buy a car.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you're saying it's wrong to burn balls?
So you believe that anything that breaks the natural order of the falling ball analogy should not occur? I assume medical treatment falls under the same umbrella? Are we depriving a cataract of its natural life cycle by removing it...? How about treating cancer?

Humans have been fortunate enough to evolve to the level that we can make interventions into the 'natural' order, which to me makes it as natural as anything else. And I'm fine with that.

I've had enough abortion debates to know how they progress, but I'll just say I don't believe there's anything wrong with abortion. It depends on belief, you have yours and I have mine. Neither is likely to change, and you're welcome to your opinion, but screaming 'baby killer' helps nobody.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Xiomara
That's like saying if you don't want to get hit by another driver and die, don't buy a car.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they're completely irrelevant.

The main function of sex is pregnancy.

The main reason people buy a car is to get to places.

:/
Reply 6

A woman's body is her own, and you can't force her to have a child she doesn't want. I've never experienced it myself, but I believe childbirth is rather painful and unpleasant.

A child should not be brought up by a family that does not want them

Orphanages and care homes are already overcrowded, so encouraging adoption is not a solution

Having a child at a young age can completely mess up a person's entire life; nobody should force that upon them just because of a broken condom

How is banning abortion any different from banning condoms or the Pill... or life-saving surgery? They all "interfere with natural processes". And I doubt you'll get much support on TSR for banning those.

Reply 7
Original post by ruby321

I hope you mean don't have unprotected sex otherwise this is the stupidest **** ive ever read.
Reply 8
Original post by Spontogical
they're completely irrelevant.

The main function of sex is pregnancy.

The main reason people buy a car is to get to places.

:/

Not sure if stupid or blind. Or both.

He's saying that car crashes can happen and so can rape happen, you can try prevent it, but sometimes there are situations where it is unavoidable, therefore he's using the example to demonstrate you can't ''just not have sex'', you can be forced into it. and similarly, you can be driving and some nutter can smash right into your car, its all possible

Also a lot of people have sex for pleasure... just saying
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ruby321

I don't want children, so what you're saying is I should never be allowed to have sex?
Sorry, it's MY body and I'll be damned if anyone takes away my right to do what I want with it.
Original post by ruby321

Accidents happen. Sex is a natural thing that people shouldn't be scared of.

I'd rather someone aborted a baby if they knew they didn't have the stability (both emotionally and economically) to raise a child properly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Robbie242
Not sure if stupid or blind. Or both.

He's saying that car crashes can happen and so can rape happen, you can try prevent it, but sometimes there are situations where it is unavoidable, therefore he's using the example to demonstrate you can't ''just not have sex'', you can be forced into it. and similarly, you can be driving and some nutter can smash right into your car, its all possible

Also a lot of people have sex for pleasure... just saying

Totally agree.

There are enough unwanted children in the world already. Every child deserves to come into the world wanted and cared for. However I do believe that it should only be considered if protection was used and abortion isn't just used as a method of birth control like the pill or a condom
Reply 13
Original post by Lizzie232
Totally agree.

There are enough unwanted children in the world already. Every child deserves to come into the world wanted and cared for. However I do believe that it should only be considered if protection was used and abortion isn't just used as a method of birth control like the pill or a condom

This entirely, like say a couple engages in unprotected sex, and the girls like hell no ''I don't use no pill'' and the guy is like ''**** condoms, they suck'' then people like that are just a waste of space when they arrive at the abortion clinic
A foetus, IMO, isn't a living being until it is out of the mother's womb, and maybe a month or two prior to that.

So up to the first 6/7 months, it's just part of the mother and so up to her to do with as she chooses.
Original post by Robbie242

Having an abortion is better than bringing at child into life without loving parents or care, or nurturing or good living conditions etc

Infanticide is better than letting a child grow up in an unloving home.

:rolleyes:
Original post by ruby321
I only agree in cases of rape and if its done in the early stages of pregnancy. Otherwise I think you should be mentally and physically ready to handle it if a baby was to occur if you start having sex... everyone should take responsibility for their actions.

Can you define 'early stages' for me though? This is the problem that the law has regarding anything to do with a foetus. When does it become a human?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rainbow.panda
Sorry, it's MY body and I'll be damned if anyone takes away my right to do what I want with it.

So tell me, are you against the circumcision of little boys? Just asking.

Not saying you're a feminist, though you might be, but feminists seem to bleat loudly about abortion being a 'woman's right' and it's 'HER body', regardless of the other beating heart inside of it, but they are strangely silent when it comes to little boys not having their bodily autonomy and right to have an unaltered body.

Not trying to be funny, just a real question.
Reply 18
And what is the difference between those and burning the ball before dropping it?
Reply 19
That's about the worst analogy i've ever heard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending