The Student Room Group

Any way I can get course fees for second HNC years later

Hi all, I see many people are confused and worried about funding available but having trouble finding a thread similar to my issue.
In the year 200-2001 I was doing an HNC in communication and funded by SAAS but did not complete all the credits I needed too as I fell pregnant.
Now, more than 10 years later I find myself a single parent with my youngest ready to attend nursery and me having more life experience etc wanting to go back to studying. I have been accepted onto an HNC course but unsure whether I would get fees and/or other supportive funding.
MIGHT an going to go into my local student services for advice after the Easter holidays but wondered if anyone may know the answer or have advice in the meantime.
I am putting everything into this and though with 4 children to support I still want to better myself for them. Advice really would be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Angelx666
Hi all, I see many people are confused and worried about funding available but having trouble finding a thread similar to my issue.
In the year 200-2001 I was doing an HNC in communication and funded by SAAS but did not complete all the credits I needed too as I fell pregnant.
Now, more than 10 years later I find myself a single parent with my youngest ready to attend nursery and me having more life experience etc wanting to go back to studying. I have been accepted onto an HNC course but unsure whether I would get fees and/or other supportive funding.
MIGHT an going to go into my local student services for advice after the Easter holidays but wondered if anyone may know the answer or have advice in the meantime.
I am putting everything into this and though with 4 children to support I still want to better myself for them. Advice really would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry you never got an answer to this! Did you get an answer when you went to find out about it? :smile:
Reply 2
I phoned SAAS and explained and was told that as I didn't get the qualification I should be entitled to refunding using their new plus one scheme.
MIGHT have to be honest and say I won't be convinced until I see it on paper though lol. My funding application was completed Tuesday with all supporting evidence posted so fingers crossed. :-)
Reply 3
Original post by Angelx666
I phoned SAAS and explained and was told that as I didn't get the qualification I should be entitled to refunding using their new plus one scheme.
MIGHT have to be honest and say I won't be convinced until I see it on paper though lol. My funding application was completed Tuesday with all supporting evidence posted so fingers crossed. :-)

Ah, sounds about right. :yep: They have a +1 year for 'false starts' that you can use up. :yy:

Good luck with the HNC! :h:
Reply 4
Phew, been stressing about it since I applied in January. Had the funding application in the day after it opened so hoping ill get word in a couple of weeks and put my mind at ease. Thank you :-)
Reply 5
Just got my award notice in from SAAS and I got my course fees and full funding, needless to say I am totally delighted today :-D x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending