The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 A Level Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That_Clever_Guy
London :wink: west London to be precise you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coventry. Btw do you know if you have to declare retakes on UCAS for modules resits?
Original post by edsjay23
Coventry. Btw do you know if you have to declare retakes on UCAS for modules resits?

Nah mate :smile: i thought this too but you dont have too only if your retaking your summer exams then you have to write "pending" on your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah mate :smile: i thought this too but you dont have too only if your retaking your summer exams then you have to write "pending" on your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great :smile: How much are you roughly revising a day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great :smile: How much are you roughly revising a day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say about 7-8 hours but sometimes i do more and sometimes i do less but i try to do at least 8 hours :smile: like yesterday i did quite allot lol you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's pretty good. I try to do about 7 now. Did 7 today. Going to do more now because exams getting closer :smile:
haha i have this exam on the 17th aswell , but i'm pretty certain i'm screwed for this :tongue: got my first exams on the 13th - my easiest ones - C1 Maths and F581 Economics !
That's pretty good. I try to do about 7 now. Did 7 today. Going to do more now because exams getting closer :smile:

Yeh tomorrow until the end of the holidays im gonna try and push for 11 hours :smile: lets hope it goes well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fas
haha i have this exam on the 17th aswell , but i'm pretty certain i'm screwed for this :tongue: got my first exams on the 13th - my easiest ones - C1 Maths and F581 Economics !

Good luck man hope it goes well :smile: how many exams you got coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck man hope it goes well :smile: how many exams you got coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8 exams , so a fairly decent amount compared to some of my mates who have like 10+ lol :smile:

i actually think C2 and C1 are gonna be easier than S1....
Original post by Fas
8 exams , so a fairly decent amount compared to some of my mates who have like 10+ lol :smile:

i actually think C2 and C1 are gonna be easier than S1....

Yeh C1 and C2 are generally easier but i reckon that S1 wont be that bad either :smile: dreading biology its soooo long :frown:
Yeh C1 and C2 are generally easier but i reckon that S1 wont be that bad either :smile: dreading biology its soooo long :frown:

hahaha i made the clever move and dropped all sciences :wink: people in my school did science exams in January and pretty much most of them came out between C's and E's - heard they were quite hard !

yeah C1 is a walk in the park , C2 i think the only thing i struggle on is those " show that " questions when you have to show that a formula works ( part of the diffrentiation chapter ) but aslong as it's not a cylinder/sphere or anyother circular object i think i can do it !

for S1 it's probability. I hate probability so much , and it's definitely my weakest part for S1 - all the others im fine with.
Original post by Fas
hahaha i made the clever move and dropped all sciences :wink: people in my school did science exams in January and pretty much most of them came out between C's and E's - heard they were quite hard !

yeah C1 is a walk in the park , C2 i think the only thing i struggle on is those " show that " questions when you have to show that a formula works ( part of the diffrentiation chapter ) but aslong as it's not a cylinder/sphere or anyother circular object i think i can do it !

for S1 it's probability. I hate probability so much , and it's definitely my weakest part for S1 - all the others im fine with.

Yeh man i know what you mean :smile: C1 is amazingly simple :smile: C2 aint that bad but yeh differentiation can trip you up and i reckon that also geometric series are questions were you can easily lose marks :smile: in S1 its Normal distribution :frown: i find probability generally simple but normal distribution is tricky man!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
qm.gif
Yeh man i know what you mean :smile: C1 is amazingly simple :smile: C2 aint that bad but yeh differentiation can trip you up and i reckon that also geometric series are questions were you can easily lose marks :smile: in S1 its Normal distribution :frown: i find probability generally simple but normal distribution is tricky man!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah about S1 - how are you supposed to work out Mean/median from a histogram ?
Yeh tomorrow until the end of the holidays im gonna try and push for 11 hours :smile: lets hope it goes well lol

Me too, good luck :smile:
Have any of you got both D1 and S1 on friday? if u have, which one are you prioritising?
Original post by Salvatore8
Have any of you got both D1 and S1 on friday? if u have, which one are you prioritising?

got S1 , not D1 though.
Original post by Salvatore8

I got s1 only :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got s1 too. Done most solomon press quite good for practice. Any more advice?
Reply 39
I hate the questions that ask you to explain things in words...I always get them wrong! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending