The Student Room Group

Have you ever been insulted about your looks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by slickrick666999
I've often been described as resembling Penguin Man. I've been compared to all sorts of beastly mammals in my time too.

Just saying, penguins are freakin' AWESOME!

They are so dapper and smart. Take it as a compliment, you have class :biggrin:
Original post by Evangelica
That sounds so cool! :awesome:

Haha :smile:
Original post by jam277
Kinda sounds cool tbh. I'd love to have that but I'm stuck with boring brown eyes.

Haha, I can see why people would think that.
It's not so good when your eye colour change is so noticeable that everyone comments on it though.
Never been insulted per se, besides from banter can't think of anything.
I once got told the only thing I had going for me was my hair, so I've been terrified of cutting it ever since.
My ears used to stick out quite a bit, I got called "trophey head" :frown:

Original post by Michaelj
I have naturally dark circles around my eyes and I often get commented on them.

I do too, but people have said I have nice eyes :confused: I guess they're a 'nice' shade of blue so maybe it balances it out.
Original post by Skip_Snip
My ears used to stick out quite a bit, I got called "trophey head" :frown:

I do too, but people have said I have nice eyes :confused: I guess they're a 'nice' shade of blue so maybe it balances it out.

Same here, green eyes. Though my eyes aren't as dark as when I was a kid.
Not necessarily my looks, but I get insulted all the time about my dress sense because it's 'different' and not what everyone wears these days.
Reply 188
Original post by Anonymous
When I was 13ish, this group of boys at school said I looked like a man. Got so bad I literally had NO confidence for years. I believed it in the end and never wanted to try to look pretty, I thought well there's no point because I'm so ugly....I got older and I believed that no guy would EVER want to go out with me because I truly believed I looked like a man. I felt like I wasn't a proper female. I had councelling and went on anti-depressants for it.

It took me years to get over it, I still feel a little insecure now although I am considered attractive by some people (apparently). I can never talk about it to people , it's too painful

I had a bit of this in my time, but I ended up taking it the opposite way from you. When i was that age I just didn't care what I looked like to be honest, I was reasonably happy and didn't make much effort. But after being called that and other names for about 2 years I was like well obviously this isn't going to stop unless I change. So I went and did a massive transformation when I was 15 and looked like a whole different person. Then made a huge group of friends in my last few years at school. Seems a bit silly that I went and changed everything just because they all wouldn't let it go but meh... Suppose it kinda helped. At the same time now though I still actually don't have much confidence and find it hard to believe people find me attractive, but I've took a lot of steps with confidence boosting (took up various forms if dance etc did performances and made lots of new friends there) which have really helped.

I'm sorry it went so badly for you! Hope it gets better now, have some confidence I bet you look fine now! We all look a bit of a mess when we're silly little 12/13 year olds :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading some of these, schoolkids are horrible people and nobody should make you feel that way. :angry: I think a lot of people get teased about their looks to varying degrees, I had a boy ask me once why I had "really wrinkly lips", which was a really weird thing to say. :lol: Also been teased for having braces but let's be honest, weren't we all? Also have a bit of an acne problem which I don't think I've ever been insulted about apart from by my brother and his opinions don't count :lol: Nowhere near as bad as what some people have been through. Just remember that the people insulting you probably have the IQ of a flea and laugh at them, best thing to do. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Too many times... I remember as a kid I was a fair skinned Indian so everyone used to call me abnormal alien the odd one out so No Asians talked to me. The other people who were not Asian used to bully me as i was really weak, I was that kind of guy quite, shy, good boy etc. used to get punched so brutally in the face and I used to have scars and when I tell the teacher everyone uses to lie, this was in primary school. I then later as I grew up had really bushy eyebrows and a mono row everyone used to insult my daily, even the teacher will sometimes laugh. I was literally alone all those years in primary school, at Lunch I used to sit alone then people will stay away from my table and say it was infected. Used to eat alone and get that cold shiver down my back (anyone know that feeling) used to just walk around the playground as they would hit me if play football. Used to pretend I didn't feel well and begged parents not to go in.

turna our in high school situations got worse apart from the eyebrows random rumours for no apparent reason got spread. I was in a class and apart from normal eyebrow teasing fake indian teases (came from primary school) while my only 2 friends didn't defend me against this 1 guy only laughed someone said oh my god he has a bent nose and everyone started laughing. Went home looked in the mirror and realises that they punched my so much my nose is bent and it kept growing that way so now my nose is bent and very noticeable most people ignore me and girls try to run away even if I just say hi.

was so depressed used to go home cry take the chewing gum out my hair they used to throw, friends beloved rumours and the used to play video games all say till night time. Wen to bed woke up and lived the worst childhood ever, used to steal my bag throw it Round the class make me chAse them and the teachers tells me off.

even now i cannot take a picture of myself as it is so disturbing. Last time uploaded. Pic that someone took everyone just said look at his nose haha and they would share it. Stopped believing in god.

the same old story now but I gained some abnormal confidence somehow so everyone e is quietend down want to go uni next yr and forget about it. Not that kind of guy who will fight just walk a way and ignore it but I shouldn't have. Never fought ever. Got called a weak pussy and skinny rat took weight gainers endes up beinf skinny fatThis is not a snob story but its just a lesson I suppose, I have to realise there are other people like me out there.
Thank god everything is slowly getting better i suppose I have more confidence to talk to girls intact probably the most, learnt a lesson that in the future there are benefits. They all failed education now who is laughing.

You deserve a hug :hugs:
i don't recall being insulted about my looks despite not being attractive, tbh i think people are either scared of me (well i'm tall, overweight, and have a permanent frown when i'm not talking to people), don't care for me or like me so they've never felt a reason to insult me, and when i was bullied at a younger age it wasn't really for my weight or looks (it was mostly my personal hygiene which i have to agree was a little appalling in primary school) and it never lasted long since i've always been the sort of person to not even acknowledge bullying, it didn't even occur to me that i was being bullied until i grew up and looked back, i used to ignore people that didn't matter to me, i guess i've always been pretty independent and nonchalant since childhood.

the only people that comment on my looks negatively are my parents or namely my mum, and it's not in a mean way, just more in a trying to be helpful manner. :P
Someone made a snide comment on my arm hair when I was eleven... I've shaved them ever since :erm:
Was bullied for years about the size of my nose and being generally ugly in a variety of different ways - they even made a song about my nose... :sad: I mean it was just like every day at school a certain group of guys shouting at me, making comments and just saying really horrible things to me for years. it's stuck with me though, I have this belief that there's no way I can ever be attractive at all because of my nose. :dontknow: it's just made me feel different to everyone else and I still feel that way, I have a ton of really pretty girly girl friends and I feel like I don't properly fit in with them at all.
I've never really been insulted on my looks because frankly, I'm a rather handsome fellow. I've had a girl insult my penis before though. ''It isn't very big is it?''. Charming.
Yeah about my eyes, just cause theyre a bit big! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope.

Well not to my face anyway.
Original post by x-Sophie-x
My eyes used to change colour a lot when I was younger (now not so much), so kids used to say I looked 'abnormal' and that I was 'weird and belonged on another planet'. It was pretty horrible as a child, because at that time I didn't know any better than to listen to them.

Some people out there can be pretty cruel! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a friend whose eyes change colour from greeny to grey to bluey but she likes it because it makes her feel special- her words!
Not really. I'm generally considered to be extremely attractive. It kind of gets annoying though. You get guys who are really douches always wanting to flirt with you.

I've been called a slut a lot behind my back apparently but I have no idea why because I am most certainly not that although I sometimes dress in clothing that shows my skin in the summer (which has nothing to do with being a slut).
Reply 199
I got called big bird once because I have a quite sticky out bum compared to the rest of me ! Big bird go burn and die in hell was one of my favourites.
I also got accused of looking like a fake barbie because I have larger boobs and I'm only small (5'1)

These were people I was friends with too... Was being the important word there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending