The Student Room Group

Are you only allowed to visit Unis as a prospective student on Open Days?

Or can you come whenever you want throughout the year? Are Open Days just "guided tours"?
You should be able to phone up the uni and arrange a guided tour any time, universities have student ambassadors to do this.

Open days will often have stands, demonstrations and talks, and you get opportunities to speak to staff members that you may not get at other times.
There is nothing to stop you walking around any Uni campus 'for a look'. No-one will stop you or ask you for ID.

The advantage with an Open Day is you do get a 'guided tour' and you get to see inside areas that otherwise you wouldnt have access to. You also often get 'sample' lectures, a chance to ask questions about the course or the Uni in general etc etc.

So, if you can get to an Open Day, do it. If you cant, then even just a walk around the campus during an ordinary term time day will give you some feel for the 'flavour' of that Uni.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PC2852
Or can you come whenever you want throughout the year? Are Open Days just "guided tours"?

Depends on the Uni.
Newcastle University basically told me to come in anytime i want and i can look around. I won't be allowed in the classrooms or in the accommodation places unless i go to the reception first and ask them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending