The Student Room Group

Why abortion is wrong.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
A take a deontological stance towards abortion.

'choice', 'right' and potential outcomes are not relevant moral factors, the act itself is what it important.
Original post by lucaf
most people who are pro choice have never been in the situation either, why is it more wrong for pro life people to condemn it without being in that situation than for pro choice people to condone it?

Because pro choice is saying 'its up to you as your pregnant ( well now I must include you and your partner lol)

Pro life is a view to but I feel it's put down people throats to much.

Like people preach about Christianity or many other religions. It's unfair to preach your strong view to vulnerable people .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
All I read in the OP's post were allusions to Minority Report.
Original post by Gray Wolf
I have a ball in my hand. I drop the ball, now with interfering without the ball it will most definitely fall to the floor. This is its natural cycle. I let go, ball falls, ball hits the ground. The fact that the ball will fall is a fact. Now let me ask you, what is the difference between me releasing the ball, catching it before it even leaves my hand and burning it and me dropping the ball and catching it half-way and burning it. The answer is; there is none! You end a natural cycle before its definite end, you kill of the emotions, the experiences it was definitely going to have; you have killed a person.

Now let me give you some statistics:

196,082 abortions in the UK in 2011
44,000,000 abortions (that is 44 million) in the world
Let me put this in to perspective, in 10 years you have killed more than the population of the united States.

7% of abortions are for either a consequence of rape or health problems to the mother. The rest is because of social reasons. This just infuriates me, if you don't kill your fellow man to steal his money why kill your own child?

Millions are killed every year because people are unable to make an emotional connection with them just because they are bound in a sack of skin. The same people that say "How could the Nazis kill millions of people" well they did it the same way you do!

(the You refers to everyone supporting abortion)

Thank you for reading,

Gray Wolf

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/may/24/abortion-statistics-england-wales

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/Sedgh-Lancet-2012-01.pdf

What are your thoughts on rape?
Reply 84
Original post by rainbow.panda
Sorry, it's MY body and I'll be damned if anyone takes away my right to do what I want with it.

Agreed. The point that is being made is that it's a decision that doesn't just affect your body. It affects the body of the foetus growing inside you, and if there comes a point in gestation where we are in agreement that this foetus is a person (I know that we aren't, and this is more hypothetical than anything else) then we can't just use the simplistic notion of "my body, my choice", because the situation now involves to people's bodies.

As far as I can see. The question of abortion is more one of WHEN a foetus becomes a person more than anything else. At what point is a foetus no longer a mere bundle of cells, and instead a sentient human being?
Reply 85
I have a ball in my hand. I drop the ball, now with interfering without the ball it will most definitely fall to the floor. This is its natural cycle. I let go, ball falls, ball hits the ground. The fact that the ball will fall is a fact. Now let me ask you, what is the difference between me releasing the ball, catching it before it even leaves my hand and burning it and me dropping the ball and catching it half-way and burning it. The answer is; there is none! You end a natural cycle before its definite end, you kill of the emotions, the experiences it was definitely going to have; you have killed a person.

Let me put this in to perspective, in 10 years you have killed more than the population of the united States.

7% of abortions are for either a consequence of rape or health problems to the mother. The rest is because of social reasons. This just infuriates me, if you don't kill your fellow man to steal his money why kill your own child?

Millions are killed every year because people are unable to make an emotional connection with them just because they are bound in a sack of skin. The same people that say "How could the Nazis kill millions of people" well they did it the same way you do!

Thank you for reading,

Gray Wolf

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/may/24/abortion-statistics-england-wales

According to your logic, it is also wrong to use protection? And it is also wrong to not have sex, because sex is natrual. Because if you have sex you make babies who will have wonderful emotions, but if you don't have sex (i.e. break the natural cycle) you deny those babies a life with said emotions.

That's pretty stupid in my eyes.

Thank you for reading,

Gray Wolf

How would you feel if you were the offspring of rape?
Reply 87
if the baby will be brought into a bad life, such as no money to be fed, invest in a fetus deletus.
OP still doesn't seem to realise that it's nobody's business but the woman's (and their partner if present) if they get an abortion or not. Not your uterus, not your problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by dendodge

A woman's body is her own, and you can't force her to have a child she doesn't want. I've never experienced it myself, but I believe childbirth is rather painful and unpleasant.

A child should not be brought up by a family that does not want them

Orphanages and care homes are already overcrowded, so encouraging adoption is not a solution

Having a child at a young age can completely mess up a person's entire life; nobody should force that upon them just because of a broken condom

How is banning abortion any different from banning condoms or the Pill... or life-saving surgery? They all "interfere with natural processes". And I doubt you'll get much support on TSR for banning those.

This, all of this.
Original post by dendodge

A woman's body is her own, and you can't force her to have a child she doesn't want. I've never experienced it myself, but I believe childbirth is rather painful and unpleasant.

A child should not be brought up by a family that does not want them

Orphanages and care homes are already overcrowded, so encouraging adoption is not a solution

Having a child at a young age can completely mess up a person's entire life; nobody should force that upon them just because of a broken condom

How is banning abortion any different from banning condoms or the Pill... or life-saving surgery? They all "interfere with natural processes". And I doubt you'll get much support on TSR for banning those.

This is it essentially summed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People against abortion are 'for' bringing a child into a world where it's not wanted. Poverty, abuse, resentment, no social mobility, only very basic care-no prospects, sometimes no home, downright danger.
If I got pregnant now, I'd have an abortion.100%. I don't want a baby-and that is enough of a reason for me to not have one.
There are also many women who have all the appropriate facilities for a baby, but don't want one. If you don't WANT to bring another human into your life that requires your care for the minimum of 16 years, then you shouldn't have one. It's a MASSIVE responsibility that affects your life significantly, for the rest of it. Even when your kid is 40 years old, that person is your doing-you are there for him/her, you're picking up the pieces when it gets divorced, loses its job, something goes wrong.
I still call on my Mother when I'm in trouble.
If you don't WANT that, then you should not be a parent. There are far too many unloved neglected children (and adults with no support network!) in this world.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sugarmouse
People against abortion are 'for' bringing a child into a world where it's not wanted. Poverty, abuse, resentment, no social mobility, only very basic care-no prospects, sometimes no home, downright danger.
If I got pregnant now, I'd have an abortion.100%. I don't want a baby-and that is enough of a reason for me to not have one.

This should be enough reason for everyone, but for some reason close minded people exist who wish to deny that choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
When abortions are carried out, they are just cells not a full baby! Is miscarriage manslaughter, even if the woman could do nothing to prevent it? Is killing any cells, i.e. tumour cells, which are human cells murder? What about scratching your skin - also killing human cells?
Oh OP, you and your funny jokes.

You were joking right? Right...?
It always strikes me in the abortion debate that of all the voices making their opinions, none of them are women who have had abortions.

I've had two. Best decisions of my life. Ask me nicely and I might even give some more details, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try and justify my decisions to some moron on the internet who has no idea what abortion entails emotionally and physically.

(Now, lets see how many pro-lifers neg me!) :rolleyes:
Reply 96
Original post by edithwashere
It always strikes me in the abortion debate that of all the voices making their opinions, none of them are women who have had abortions.

I've had two. Best decisions of my life. Ask me nicely and I might even give some more details, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try and justify my decisions to some moron on the internet who has no idea what abortion entails emotionally and physically.

(Now, lets see how many pro-lifers neg me!) :rolleyes:

I had a pregnancy scare not so long ago (thankfully it turned out I was just extremely late). Scariest thing in the world. :s-smilie:
Original post by rainbow.panda
I am a feminist, but I consider myself a true feminist and not one of those man-hating lunatics. And I'm very much against circumcision, of boys and girls. I see it as mutilation.

I'm really happy to hear that, and thank you for not taking my post to you as an attack. It may have come across that way, and I am happy it wasn't construed as such.
Original post by dartanoir
I had a pregnancy scare not so long ago (thankfully it turned out I was just extremely late). Scariest thing in the world. :s-smilie:

Yeah, I don't think pro-lifers ever actually consider what it might be like to have an abortion. People who act like I'm a selfish cow who doesn't use contraception, when they don't even know my circumstances... :angry:

To think it's a lightly taken decision is also a load of rubbish. EVERY girl who's ever had a preg scare knows quite how horrid it is. They were two of the worst days of my life, but I'd do it again if I had to. Abortions happen whether they are "allowed" or not. It is the responsibility of a decent government to make sure all women can access them safely and without judgement should they need to.
Original post by Converse Rocker
Yeah, I am. Does that mean I'm allowed to support abortion now?

I'll consider it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending