The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU students 2013

Basically, this is for anyone who's starting LSBU on any course to get to know each other so we can all party, get drunk and whatever or chat about any thing about the uni/accommodation :smile:
I'm Emily, and I'm going to be studying adult nursing (well if i get the correct grades) ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm hopefully going to LSBU and doing English, wondering if anyone else is doing that course too?
London
Reply 2
Hiii!
I'm Bella, and I'm gunna be doing Child nursing :smile:
Reply 3
Hey nice to meet you both!
Reply 4
Emily are you going to the open day on the 16th of april?
Reply 5
Nah im not, ive already been to an open day xx
Reply 6
i'm hannah, firmed lsbu for child nursing, and staying at david bomberg house :smile:
Reply 7
Firmed Business but having second thoughts :|
Reply 8
Hey guy's I'm jay! And I'm doing child nursing too :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Ollied
Firmed Business but having second thoughts :|

Why you having second thoughts?x
Original post by Emilyyycxox
...so we can all party, get drunk and whatever...

You won't be doing very well in your studies if you're after that kind of stuff.
Reply 11
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
You won't be doing very well in your studies if you're after that kind of stuff.

There is such thing as freshers week, therefore we can all party and get drunk

You should use Freshers week to familiarise yourself with the facilities, meet all your professors, get your books in the library, furnish your room etc. There are always better things to do than to get drunk, even in the evenings.
Reply 13

agreed!
Yet another child nurse to join the gang :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Child Nurse too!!!
Which of us child nurses are going on Tuesday? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Why you having second thoughts?x

Thinking about trying to go to IFS through clearing, but the accommodation at IFS has to be private and the close ones are around 200 a week, which leaves me with zero money.

Southbank has the right pricing and budget levels but when I went to the open day I didn't see anyone I thought i'd get along with and I realised Business isn't really what i'd want to do ideally and the IFS course is more suited.

With IFS you get private accommodation where loads of people from loads of different Universities will go, im not anti social it's just that i'd rather not be in the situation where everyone makes their own circles from classes.

I do drink, but I'm not heavy on it, I'll be 2 years older than everyone else and all the drinking novelty has passed. I BMX more than I do anything else and this is why i'd rather be in London than apply for a different University, its a 6 hour train journey from home and i'd rather be somewhere that I feel settled so I don't have to endure that.

I don't know really, none of that made sense
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Ollied
Thinking about trying to go to IFS through clearing, but the accommodation at IFS has to be private and the close ones are around 200 a week, which leaves me with zero money.

Southbank has the right pricing and budget levels but when I went to the open day I didn't see anyone I thought i'd get along with and I realised Business isn't really what i'd want to do ideally and the IFS course is more suited.

With IFS you get private accommodation where loads of people from loads of different Universities will go, im not anti social it's just that i'd rather not be in the situation where everyone makes their own circles from classes.

I do drink, but I'm not heavy on it, I'll be 2 years older than everyone else and all the drinking novelty has passed. I BMX more than I do anything else and this is why i'd rather be in London than apply for a different University, its a 6 hour train journey from home and i'd rather be somewhere that I feel settled so I don't have to endure that.

I don't know really, none of that made sense

Nah thats all valid reasons :smile: you just got to do what you feel right for you, but im sure there is people that you will be friends with on the course and off the course if you decide that it is the place you want to go :smile:
min sure you won't be the oldest, 2 years older that makes you 20ish right? There will be loads of other 20 odd year olds :smile:

just do what you want to do xx
Reply 19
Omg! There are so many children's nurses, where the adult nurses at haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending