The Student Room Group

How do you do it?

Anon please in case it's seen.

I wanna know, how do people in relationships manage a healthy sex life when living in parents house still??!

My boyfriend stays over a good 2 or 3 times a week. My parents very very rarely go out. It's hard to have sex when we have to be so quiet as the 'rents are in the next room, and it's even harder to try anything kinky/dress up/sex somewhere else etc because they're always there!

Anyone got any tips on ways around this or ways to still keep things fresh whilst the parents are in?

I know an obvious suggestion is going to a hotel for a night or weekend, but this is a no-no at the mo as have absolutely no money and all is being saved for our holiday in a few months.

Thanks so much, this is kinda getting to me now!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bathroom is the best.

Depending upon yr home, the roof can be awesome toooo (Y)
In a car if any of you own one
Makes it better for us if we've had to wait a while...
But we have no objections to having parents in the house either.
Reply 4
Ive never had a problem with doing it with parents in the house, yea its nice to not have to worry about it but the only thing really is to keep quiet
Reply 5
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Makes it better for us if we've had to wait a while...
But we have no objections to having parents in the house either.

That's the other thing - what would you consider a while? We're generally only able to like once a month, which is pretty difficult and then once we have done it it's great but then you know it's gonna be a whole month until it happens again and nothing's changed!

I bought some sexy lingerie over 2 months ago and planned many-a sexy night's in, but the parents have changed plans or ended up meaning it couldn't happen, grrrr!!!
Do it in a bush.
Reply 7
Original post by Lexi99
Ive never had a problem with doing it with parents in the house, yea its nice to not have to worry about it but the only thing really is to keep quiet

Yeah this is what we do when we do end up having sex. But he has said he hates the fact my parents are right next door, and they're light sleepers. They know I obvious must sleep with him, but wouldn't really want them hearing or to keep them up. And just wanna be more adventurous with it, because I dont feel it's exciting for him :/

Original post by EMassey
My boyfriend and I have had to deal with this over the last two years. We usually stay up after they've gone to sleep and just do it downstairs.

Good idea, though my parents often come back downstairs to get a drink or something after they've gone to bed - and usually quite late, by which time we're really tired too...failllllll.

I have trouble initiating anyway as I'm underconfident with it all, so having them about too much makes it really hard. And seems the bf has got used to it being that way too as neither of us initiate much anymore. Would love money to just get away for a dirty weekend :/
My boyfriend and I never have any trouble with sex either at his parents' place or mine. If you don't want them next door then it's as simple as saying you're tired and going to bed early so can do the business upstairs whilst your parents are watching TV or something.

I admit that we did have to practice very, very quiet sex last week as we were on holiday and sharing a room with my mum and my little brother. It was actually quite exciting having to be so covert about it all...It also meant we could tick off another location on our list of interesting places to fornicate :biggrin:
What about your boyfriend's place?
Original post by Anonymous
That's the other thing - what would you consider a while? We're generally only able to like once a month, which is pretty difficult and then once we have done it it's great but then you know it's gonna be a whole month until it happens again and nothing's changed!

Well the last break we had was about 5 weeks. No idea how long it'll be this time. It is difficult, but as long as you're both aware of how much each other wants to... it makes it a tad easier.

But he has said he hates the fact my parents are right next door, and they're light sleepers. They know I obvious must sleep with him, but wouldn't really want them hearing or to keep them up. And just wanna be more adventurous with it, because I dont feel it's exciting for him :/

My boyfriend hates this too, and there's times he can't get it out of his head that my parents are downstairs... So only successful some of the time. And it never happens at his house with his parents in, he finds that much too awkward.
We often have discussions and make plans for the times we do happen to be alone, so if the opportunity presents itself without prior knowledge, we're ready :smile:
Reply 11
Turn the telly up so ****ing loud and lock the door for an hour :cool:

I had the room furthest away from my parents in my old house, with my brother's in between. And when we moved... I picked the bedroom furthest from my parents, with my brother's in between.. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hotel? Ring your gf and tell her ur taking her out and pack a bag of something nice :wink:. Order a room online, take her to a nice meal an for a few drinks then off to the hotel for some fun.

Expensive if you do it all the time but hey it wouldnt have the same effect if u did anyway :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by The_Dragonborn
What about your boyfriend's place?

Unfortunately even 'worse' from that point of view. Damn squeaky, smaller bed, additional family members always in!

Original post by Dusky Mauve
Well the last break we had was about 5 weeks. No idea how long it'll be this time. It is difficult, but as long as you're both aware of how much each other wants to... it makes it a tad easier.

My boyfriend hates this too, and there's times he can't get it out of his head that my parents are downstairs... So only successful some of the time. And it never happens at his house with his parents in, he finds that much too awkward.
We often have discussions and make plans for the times we do happen to be alone, so if the opportunity presents itself without prior knowledge, we're ready :smile:

Thing is, I'm generally not aware that he wants to too. It's only when I bring it up as an issue that I realise he had wanted it, but circumstances ruined it.

I know what you mean - I've got so many plans of what I'd do if we got to be alone! Dying for an opportunity!

Original post by Rybee
Turn the telly up so ****ing loud and lock the door for an hour :cool:

I had the room furthest away from my parents in my old house, with my brother's in between. And when we moved... I picked the bedroom furthest from my parents, with my brother's in between.. :tongue:

No lock on the door! And re the TV, they'd be more likely to then come up/get up and complain about the noisy tv!!! Ahhh nightmare!
Reply 14
Original post by formanmark
Hotel? Ring your gf and tell her ur taking her out and pack a bag of something nice :wink:. Order a room online, take her to a nice meal an for a few drinks then off to the hotel for some fun.

Expensive if you do it all the time but hey it wouldnt have the same effect if u did anyway :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a girl with my bf btw! Good idea, though as mentioned in my post - no money; literally barely a spare tenner. Otherwise, that'd be a damn good plan, and I really wish we could!
Reply 15
No lock on the door! And re the TV, they'd be more likely to then come up/get up and complain about the noisy tv!!! Ahhh nightmare!

Well in that case the only thing you can do is buy a pair of these!

ball_gag.jpg
Reply 16
Pillow behind the headboard to start with.

Thing is, I'm generally not aware that he wants to too. It's only when I bring it up as an issue that I realise he had wanted it, but circumstances ruined it.

I know what you mean - I've got so many plans of what I'd do if we got to be alone! Dying for an opportunity!

We were like this for quite some time, but eventually I just bit the bullet and brought it up. It's a relief when it's out in the open and you can just talk about it!
Reply 18
how old are you? surely if he's your boyfriend staying over your parents can guess you're going to be having sex at some point. ask them for some space/time alone?
if not, maybe try having sex at times you wouldn't normally. when they're at work/in the shower in the mornings etc??
Reply 19
My boyfriend and I never have any trouble with sex either at his parents' place or mine. If you don't want them next door then it's as simple as saying you're tired and going to bed early so can do the business upstairs whilst your parents are watching TV or something.

I admit that we did have to practice very, very quiet sex last week as we were on holiday and sharing a room with my mum and my little brother. It was actually quite exciting having to be so covert about it all...It also meant we could tick off another location on our list of interesting places to fornicate :biggrin:

In the same room as them? jesus... that must of got the adrenaline pumping

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending