The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaughingGas
I didn't get 87 UMS :biggrin: I got around 60, which means if I go up 3 or so marks it pushes me up to a B, my technique was wrong in the exam, teachers said I had the knowledge, but I didn't apply the technique. They found 3-5 marks though when they marked my script so hopefully it will go up. I used the OCR book for that January exam and I reckon that's where I dropped my grade, the way it explains stuff in that book is silly. The CGP book is the way forward. :smile:

We should ask each other questions based on revision for F211 and F212 :smile:

Ohh sorry it must have been your friend who got that! :P

Yea it is really awful tbh. Especially the last few pages on plant transport on the f211 section! awful! and yes thats a great idea actually :smile: Get some hard ones for me and ill do the same for you:wink:

do you want to take this to private chat?:biggrin: OP might be getting annoyed :mmm:
Original post by upthegunners
Ohh sorry it must have been your friend who got that! :P

Yea it is really awful tbh. Especially the last few pages on plant transport on the f211 section! awful! and yes thats a great idea actually :smile: Get some hard ones for me and ill do the same for you:wink:

do you want to take this to private chat?:biggrin: OP might be getting annoyed :mmm:

laughinggas is the OP
Original post by chignesh10
laughinggas is the OP

Spoiler

Reply 243

Spoiler

haha, it's fine, if you wanna do it here it's up to you, other people can do it if they want. :smile:

I'll put up some questions tomorrow.
haha, it's fine, if you wanna do it here it's up to you, other people can do it if they want. :smile:

I'll put up some questions tomorrow.

yay :biggrin: here is better I think :smile: Unless we make an F212 and F211 'practice' thread :wink: :lol:

Okay I am heading off this now, but I will definitely get some good questions that will thoroughly test your knowledge!:biggrin:

Good night laughinggas :smile:
Reply 245
yay :biggrin: here is better I think :smile: Unless we make an F212 and F211 'practice' thread :wink: :lol:

Okay I am heading off this now, but I will definitely get some good questions that will thoroughly test your knowledge!:biggrin:

Good night laughinggas :smile:

Answer when you can :smile:

In order, what are the four stages of Mitosis? (2 marks)
Answer when you can :smile:

In order, what are the four stages of Mitosis? (2 marks)

Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase (PMAT) :wink:

Why is it important that the Xylem wall is lignified? (3 marks)
Reply 247
Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase (PMAT) :wink:

Why is it important that the Xylem wall is lignified? (3 marks)

Correct :smile:

It provides support for the xylem vessels so that they don't collapse inwards.

It keeps the xylem vessels waterproofed, this stops any water leaking out.

Lignin kills the xylem cells, this allows for an uninterrupted flow of water through the xylem vessels.

I think that's right :smile:

Explain why the movement of water in the xylem stops if the leaves of a plant are removed. [4 marks]
I do about 2 hours every evening after i come home from school, but my first exam isn't till the 21'st May and i only have 3!
I did this for my January modules as i had the same 3 and got all A's, so i guess its not about cramming in lots of revision last minute, but more about doing bits of revision everyday over a period of 6-7 weeks:smile:
Reply 249
Anyone doing OCR biology?
Reply 250
Original post by madz2802
Anyone doing OCR biology?

Yeah, I am, the questions you see above are based on the F211 spec, but we are doing F212 questions as well :smile:
Reply 251
Yeah, I am, the questions you see above are based on the F211 spec, but we are doing F212 questions as well :smile:

Oohh can I join? :smile:
Doing F212 in June
Reply 252
Original post by madz2802
Oohh can I join? :smile:
Doing F212 in June

Sure :smile:
Reply 253
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yes I agree with this! What exams you got in the summer? :smile:

I've got two OCR biology, one OCR A chemistry, edexcel core one and core two, and one AQA French speaking and one AQA French unit one. D;
Yourself? :-)
First week and a half went so well... now I've lost motivation.

God I'm such a child :teehee:.
4-5 hours I think... C:

Posted from TSR Mobile
started at 12 again today

keep getting distracted

OH LOOK IM ON TSR AGAIN

-.-

this essay just isnt gonna be written...
Original post by jamboogy
First week and a half went so well... now I've lost motivation.

God I'm such a child :teehee:.

Same, was on it for the first week properly but now just don't want to do any :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 258
I've only just started revising (A2s). I just can't focus AT ALL. Slowly stepping it up though.

I'd rather be reading Papillon to be honest.
ive done some revision but mostly coursework.

my last deadline is the end of april.

first TWO exams are 13th may.

NO TIME!! -.-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending