The Student Room Group

Religious Studies or Geography AS Level?

I hope to do a degree in History at a Russell Group uni and the AS-Levels I'm definitely taking are History, English Literature and Government and Politics but for the fourth one I'm undecided between Religious Studies/ Philosophy and Ethics or Geography. I would appreciate any advice on which would be more help with History and which is more likely to get me into a Russell Group uni? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Robyn24
I hope to do a degree in History at a Russell Group uni and the AS-Levels I'm definitely taking are History, English Literature and Government and Politics but for the fourth one I'm undecided between Religious Studies/ Philosophy and Ethics or Geography. I would appreciate any advice on which would be more help with History and which is more likely to get me into a Russell Group uni? Thanks :smile:

RS/philosophy will have more essay content and be more relevant to your interests, however the workload will also be greater. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by joostan
RS/philosophy will have more essay content and be more relevant to your interests, however the workload will also be greater. :smile:

Thanks, I'm think I'm going to do RS just out of interest for the subject and I'm one of the weird people who like writing essays so the workload wouldn't necessarily put me off :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Robyn24
Thanks, I'm think I'm going to do RS just out of interest for the subject and I'm one of the weird people who like writing essays so the workload wouldn't necessarily put me off :smile:

Good for you :smile:

Quick Reply