The Student Room Group

Why abortion is wrong.

Scroll to see replies

If abortion is murder, then masturbation is genocide.
Original post by LazyBazooka
If abortion is murder, then masturbation is genocide.

And I'm a worse criminal than Hitler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Bet you're against people who decide to get euthanasia too then?
If it's your body, and your choice, there's nothing wrong with it. I am also strongly against the idea of a woman who's accidently got pregnant, but don't really want a kid, yet refuse to have an abortion.
Reply 143
I think that abortion should be only allowed if continuing the pregnancy would put the mother's life in real danger.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by igloo1
Bet you're against people who decide to get euthanasia too then?
If it's your body, and your choice, there's nothing wrong with it. I am also strongly against the idea of a woman who's accidently got pregnant, but don't really want a kid, yet refuse to have an abortion.

When news stories of child abuse at the hands of the parents - like baby P - come up, you always get lots of people saying things like "you should need a license to have children". I wonder if they're the same kind of people who think abortion is murder? It's all well and good to spout opinions but at the end of the day it makes no sense from a practical point of view. If anything abortions ought to be encouraged with people who will make bad parents, not demonized...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkpIHvMo8zI

I've always been pro - choice but after watching that, I don't know what to think.

When does life start?
I kind of agree with OP. I am horrified by the idea of abortions, but I can see the need for them and I think that we should keep them safe and legal. We can make a difference by asking why people need abortions in the first place, through addressing issues like teenage pregnancy and attitudes to contraception.
Original post by Tibbs735
I kind of agree with OP. I am horrified by the idea of abortions, but I can see the need for them and I think that we should keep them safe and legal. We can make a difference by asking why people need abortions in the first place, through addressing issues like teenage pregnancy and attitudes to contraception.

Best way to prevent abortion is to prevent pregnancy. Promoting contraception is paramount, teenage pregnancy is only a repercussion of lack of contraception and education (and on occasion, common sense)
Reply 148
Original post by edithwashere
When news stories of child abuse at the hands of the parents - like baby P - come up, you always get lots of people saying things like "you should need a license to have children". I wonder if they're the same kind of people who think abortion is murder? It's all well and good to spout opinions but at the end of the day it makes no sense from a practical point of view. If anything abortions ought to be encouraged with people who will make bad parents, not demonized...

See, I don't think there's such a thing as a " bad" parent. As long as they love that child, and always have, and try to do the best for them, i would class that as a good parent. How they go about it may sometimes not be seen as the "best" way, but at least they try?
And, as for the license thing, it could never happen. What you going to do? Give everyone a test and a robot baby and see if the baby comes back alive after a week? It would never work.
Bottom line is, you can't MAKE people have abortions because you don't think they are going to be good parents, all you can do is keep an eye out for any signs of mistreated unhappy children.
I just think it's the moral thing to do - if you don't want a kid, man up and get rid of the little finger-nail sized egg before it's too late.
Reply 149
Original post by Spontogical

The main function of sex is pregnancy.

:/

Ohh yea, me and the lads are like "uffff Id totaly impregnate her" whenever we see some hot chick or "Man id totaly father her child" or even "oi mate have you still got that number of that hooker you used last week? I feel like raising a baby with her"
Original post by igloo1
See, I don't think there's such a thing as a " bad" parent. As long as they love that child, and always have, and try to do the best for them, i would class that as a good parent. How they go about it may sometimes not be seen as the "best" way, but at least they try?
And, as for the license thing, it could never happen. What you going to do? Give everyone a test and a robot baby and see if the baby comes back alive after a week? It would never work.
Bottom line is, you can't MAKE people have abortions because you don't think they are going to be good parents, all you can do is keep an eye out for any signs of mistreated unhappy children.
I just think it's the moral thing to do - if you don't want a kid, man up and get rid of the little finger-nail sized egg before it's too late.

Agreed, I was just musing on it! And I meant bad parents in that they do things, whether on purpose or inadvertently, to harm their child. Be it smoking around them, abusing them, neglecting them - sadly too many people are guilty of doing so, and social services could be far better at seeing the warning signs.
Reply 151
Agreed, I was just musing on it! And I meant bad parents in that they do things, whether on purpose or inadvertently, to harm their child. Be it smoking around them, abusing them, neglecting them - sadly too many people are guilty of doing so, and social services could be far better at seeing the warning signs.

I don't really think smoking is a deal breaker and makes you a bad parent, that's just a bad habit, but i do see what you mean! :smile:
Reply 152
It always strikes me in the abortion debate that of all the voices making their opinions, none of them are women who have had abortions.

I've had two. Best decisions of my life. Ask me nicely and I might even give some more details, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try and justify my decisions to some moron on the internet who has no idea what abortion entails emotionally and physically.

(Now, lets see how many pro-lifers neg me!) :rolleyes:

Ever thought about those who have been aborted and what they would think about it if they were alive? :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 153
People here keep ons saying the child will grow up in said environment.

1. You underestimate parental feelings
2. Your view on how a life should be lived can not be a determining factor on whether someone should live or nor. Some may thing a life without loving parents is bad and other may feel a life that indoctrinates you with messed up values is worse so going by the latter person most of you should have been aborted.

Oh and please do not quote singular cases of child abuse to justify the murder of 44 million per year.

This is my last post.
Original post by jcarz

Ever thought about those who have been aborted and what they would think about it if they were alive? :rolleyes:

So? Before 12 weeks its a bundle of parasitic cells. Not independently alive. The rights of an adult woman come before those of a jelly blobby bundle of cells.
Original post by Dragonfly07
So you're saying it's wrong to burn balls?

As long as the balls you're burning aren't testicles I don't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like she's brainwashed. I read your posts, I'm not refuting them. I'm just stating that in general, FGM is far more severe than male circumcision, and the arguments that can be made to support male circumcision (which I disagree with) can't be made in the same way for FGM. didn't mean for it all to get into such a big argument. Weren't we talking about abortions somewhere before :tongue:

Look, I like feminism but don't EVER justify MGM!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chappers-94
Look, I like feminism but don't EVER justify MGM!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you read my above posts, I didn't justify it, I'm against it.
Reply 158
So? Before 12 weeks its a bundle of parasitic cells. Not independently alive. The rights of an adult woman come before those of a jelly blobby bundle of cells.

So??! What do you mean so? You talk about people that don't express their opinions in the abortion debate. And yet you are unsympathetic to what would be the view of actual abortees themselves if they were alive to express themselves. Total hypocrisy.

Fetal heart beat starts at 6 weeks.

Limb movement after 8 weeks

Life starts at conception, (not before and not after) and many scientists recognise this.

You never hear the media talk about the Duchess of Cambridge's foetus, or her "bundle of parasitic cells", but her baby and whether it will be a girl or boy. But that's a different issue.
Reply 159
Original post by Robbie242
**** off this isn't North Dakota, or republican america for that matter.

Having an abortion is better than bringing at child into life without loving parents or care, or nurturing or good living conditions etc

Plenty of people have grown up in all those conditions; most don't wish they'd never been born...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending