The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
The moment when people think you drink because your just so crazy at parties :mmm: no alcohol was used :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherry-5
anyone firmed st georges for medicine on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me :biggrin: are you on the mbbs5 course? :smile:
Reply 322
Original post by TaraBelle
Me :biggrin: are you on the mbbs5 course? :smile:

yes!! are you? wait i think i remember you from the st georges med thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes!! are you? wait i think i remember you from the st georges med thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am yeah :biggrin: finally someone else on this thread :biggrin: haha yeah I'm on there as well :smile: are you planning to stay in halls?
Reply 324
I am yeah :biggrin: finally someone else on this thread :biggrin: haha yeah I'm on there as well :smile: are you planning to stay in halls?

lol yeh i live like an hour away so thought its better to do so :smile: what about you? are you an under grad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
lol yeh i live like an hour away so thought its better to do so :smile: what about you? are you an under grad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same yeah :smile: around an hour and a half, so can't really commute everyday! Yeah I am, I'm in year 13 so just need to get the grades this year now, you? :smile:
Reply 326
Same yeah :smile: around an hour and a half, so can't really commute everyday! Yeah I am, I'm in year 13 so just need to get the grades this year now, you? :smile:

dw im sure you will get the grades :smile: im on a gap year at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 327
Original post by AlexanderCLea
There are others out there?! :shock: Hooray! I was genuinely worried about the whole alcohol thing because, bar the odd cider, I don't drink, and neither do my parents really. I don't see the attraction of it really, as most alcoholic stuff just isn't to my taste, so why would I want to drink it?

By the way, I'm a prospective Cardiff fresher in September, studying Chemistry.

I'm not much of a drinker either and going to Cardiff! Doing physio :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by george.e
I'm not much of a drinker either and going to Cardiff! Doing physio :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, awesome! We should start a club that just does tours of the coffee shops! :P

Have you applied for your accommodation yet? :smile:
Reply 329
Original post by AlexanderCLea
Ah, awesome! We should start a club that just does tours of the coffee shops! :P

Have you applied for your accommodation yet? :smile:

Haha, that'd be awesome :P
Nope, not yet! I'm really rubbish at applying for stuff; haven't done any student finance yet either, ahh! Have you applied for your accommodation?
Original post by george.e
Haha, that'd be awesome :P
Nope, not yet! I'm really rubbish at applying for stuff; haven't done any student finance yet either, ahh! Have you applied for your accommodation?

Ah, there's no problem though is there. We've still got plenty of time! (Although I have applied for accommodation and finance already). :tongue: I Went for Talybont South as my first choice, it just seems to have such a nice community feel. Do you know where you might apply for accommodation wise? :smile:
Original post by ZRO
The moment when people think you drink because your just so crazy at parties :mmm: no alcohol was used :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly the most fun thing that I did when I went to Zante (which isn't saying much) was convince a girl who had joined our group that I was high.
Reply 332
YES! Finally a thread which I can fully identify with!!!!! OK, a slight exaggeration there but hello fellow non-drinkers! I might be more studious in the art of non-drinking than most here because I have never taken even a sip of alcohol in my life. A lot here state that they occasionally drink, but I never do.

I hope I'm not the only one here that never drinks. :cry:
Reply 333
Original post by Danz123
YES! Finally a thread which I can fully identify with!!!!! OK, a slight exaggeration there but hello fellow non-drinkers! I might be more studious in the art of non-drinking than most here because I have never taken even a sip of alcohol in my life. A lot here state that they occasionally drink, but I never do.

Yup I don't drink at all :wink: Welcome to the club!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today i went to the pub. Before there were predrinks. Tried bf's drink at predrinks, hated it, tried bf's differemt drink at pub, hated it, one of his friends offered me his drink, almost threw up...

I got hyper on j2o. I stick to the j2o. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 335
Original post by megfashion
Today i went to the pub. Before there were predrinks. Tried bf's drink at predrinks, hated it, tried bf's differemt drink at pub, hated it, one of his friends offered me his drink, almost threw up...

I got hyper on j2o. I stick to the j2o. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who needs alcohol when we have j2o :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZRO
Who needs alcohol when we have j2o :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally agree love the apple and raspberry one! For me I go hyper on a couple glasses diet Pepsi , a handful of skittles with some good friends. Have a great time. The best bit is when you can remember the fun the next day, don't have a hangover and can continue life as normal. (Even if that does mean working :/ ) I have tried bits at parties and things haven't yet found one drink that actually tastes nice enough to drink…
J2O all the way!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 337
Original post by Danz123

Why have you never tried? If you don't mind my asking?
Original post by winningjojo
Totally agree love the apple and raspberry one! For me I go hyper on a couple glasses diet Pepsi , a handful of skittles with some good friends. Have a great time. The best bit is when you can remember the fun the next day, don't have a hangover and can continue life as normal. (Even if that does mean working :/ ) I have tried bits at parties and things haven't yet found one drink that actually tastes nice enough to drink…
J2O all the way!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If taste is your problem, try amaretto + coke (tastes like cherry coke/ dr. pepper) or something like pimms.

Of course I'm not trying to negatively affect this thread, just if taste is the only reason then I feel that is something that can be gotten around.

I mean personally I like good lagers, bitters, ales, some wines and several cocktails but I'd say amaretto + coke is a drink that pretty much everyone seems to like.
(edited 11 years ago)
Morning everybody, I shall also not be drinking any alcohol for freshers!
Just get happy on life and you don't need anything else to have a good time, really! :smile:
I'll be studying textiles at chelsea school of art, nice to meet you all xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending