The Student Room Group

The perks of a relationship

I dont understand the push to be in a relationship when you can do the same things when your seeing a person. I just wanna know if im missing out on anything.

Scroll to see replies

When you're in a relationship it sets boundaries. If you're just seeing someone they are not obliged to remain faithful to you, it's their choice. Whilst during a relationship you know you can trust your other half (hopefully)
does seeing someone act as a stepping stone for a relationship though or can you just see someone
Sex.
Original post by Dante Maretto
does seeing someone act as a stepping stone for a relationship though or can you just see someone

Well it depends on how both of you see the relationship between each other. I would say you can be 'just seeing someone' - but only for a length of time. E.g If you've been seeing someone for a short duration (weeks to a few months) that's okay. But if you've been seeing someone for a year and the relationship hasn't progressed I don't think it will progress any further...
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Sex.

Who says you can't have sex outside a relationship? (Sorry for coming accross as offensive, not intended.)
Reply 6
If you both move in with eachother bills are half price (:
there are no perks
Original post by TreeOfKnowledge
Who says you can't have sex outside a relationship? (Sorry for coming accross as offensive, not intended.)

It's a different kind of sex in a relationship though. You don't sound offensive, don't worry. :smile:
Well it depends on how both of you see the relationship between each other. I would say you can be 'just seeing someone' - but only for a length of time. E.g If you've been seeing someone for a short duration (weeks to a few months) that's okay. But if you've been seeing someone for a year and the relationship hasn't progressed I don't think it will progress any further...

True words man. But i dont exactly want it to go anywhere i comfortable with the casualness of it, i dont have to put any real effort in and dont have to speak to them everyday.
But then i see all these cute couples and it seems like they have something special
It's a different kind of sex in a relationship though. You don't sound offensive, don't worry. :smile:

I get that some people think that sex in a relationship is tender and what not but isnt passionate and carnal sex more fun
Reply 11
It is nice knowing there is someone out there who wants to make you happy, out of choice :smile:

Good good :smile:
I've only had sex during a relationship, I've never really considered that there was a difference when in and out of a relationship...I can imagine there must be quite a difference? I would want to dicuss it more however I'm sure the OP doesn't want to know
I've only had sex during a relationship, I've never really considered that there was a difference when in and out of a relationship...I can imagine there must be quite a difference? I would want to dicuss it more however I'm sure the OP doesn't want to know

Actually im quite interested to hear the difference since ive never done it in a relationship
Actually im quite interested to hear the difference since ive never done it in a relationship

Well in that case I can give my side to the relationship perspective.
There was alot of foreplay prior to the sex, probably about an hours worth... and when it did get to the deed itself there was alot of consideration as to whether we were pleaseing one another. When it came to the sex itself it was very passionate and slow with plentyful of heavy making out but built up dramitcally near the end...sorry about being descriptive just trying to give you an insight :P
Well in that case I can give my side to the relationship perspective.
There was alot of foreplay prior to the sex, probably about an hours worth... and when it did get to the deed itself there was alot of consideration as to whether we were pleaseing one another. When it came to the sex itself it was very passionate and slow with plentyful of heavy making out but built up dramitcally near the end...sorry about being descriptive just trying to give you an insight :P

I get what your saying there seems to be a deeper connection there than if you were seeing someone or just a random hooking up. I get that emotionally there is more involved in the deed when your in a relationship and obviously you get more time together than those of us who have to wait till i free yard is available

I've never actually had sex outside of a relationship. I just know it's completely different to being in a relationship. I've been told the other person is more selfish when you're not a couple.
I've never actually had sex outside of a relationship. I just know it's completely different to being in a relationship. I've been told the other person is more selfish when you're not a couple.

It is about the other person, not about the status of the relationship/lack of it

I guess everyones different but i prefer to get the girl off first before i do.
I think sex is more selfish when its a random hook up compared to someone you actually are seeing or like
Reply 19

Indeed. This is the crux. It doesn't mean anything outside of a relationship for me. There is no passion. That's the difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending