The Student Room Group

PROM!

A less depressing thread compared to all the exam talk! Are you guys all set for prom? What are your plans?! Or are you leaving everything till after exams?

Also, single-sex school students, how do you celebrate?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol, I hope this is the correct forum for this topic. Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
i aint goin no prom! on 24th june (last exam) I AM OUT OF THIS COUNTRY FOR 2 WHOLE MONTHS!!!!!!!!111111111
Reply 3
Original post by gomg
i aint goin no prom! on 24th june (last exam) I AM OUT OF THIS COUNTRY FOR 2 WHOLE MONTHS!!!!!!!!111111111

Wooooh!!! Haha which country?!?! Good for you fellow one!
The last exam doesn't happen to be Physics does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Jina
Wooooh!!! Haha which country?!?! Good for you fellow one!
The last exam doesn't happen to be Physics does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

statistics :smile: and I'm going to australia for holiday, and germany to visit my brother!!

there is a two single-sex schools near me one boys one girls, and they join together for their prom but must be rlly awks if they don't know eachother ahah
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
As a single-sex student, I just felt I need to input that we do have friends of the opposite sex (I know right? Crazy.) and we do normally get permitted to invite dates from outside of school. At least, I did.

You make it sound like we are incapable of celebrating the ending of year 11 without the presence of the other sex. :hump:
Reply 6
Original post by lou_100
As a single-sex student, I just felt I need to input that we do have friends of the opposite sex (I know right? Crazy.) and we do normally get permitted to invite dates from outside of school. At least, I did.

You make it sound like we are incapable of celebrating the ending of year 11 without the presence of the other sex. :hump:

No, you are making assumptions. I, myself am a student in a single-sex school and I was wondering how fellow ones celebrate it differently. Excuse me, if I came across as being presumptuous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahhh this is a lovely topic!

I myself cannot wait for prom, its going to be a great night in a posh place with loads of great people :tongue:

I'm also a student in a single-sex school but we're allowed plus ones & its a mixed sixth form so its not just all girls dancing crazily to god knows what song :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by shorttstuff
ahhh this is a lovely topic!

I myself cannot wait for prom, its going to be a great night in a posh place with loads of great people :tongue:

I'm also a student in a single-sex school but we're allowed plus ones & its a mixed sixth form so its not just all girls dancing crazily to god knows what song :lol:

Haha I agree! A great end to some not so great exams! Haha we get to have a boat party, but we're not allowed external students/guests.

Haha thats quite interesting, how is it like going to a single sex school with a mixed sixth form? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Haha I agree! A great end to some not so great exams! Haha we get to have a boat party, but we're not allowed external students/guests.

Haha thats quite interesting, how is it like going to a single sex school with a mixed sixth form? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooh sounds different but nice :tongue:, we're going to a posh hotel in London for ours but at a cost of £60 :redface: hopefully should be worth it though!

Nothing special tbh, you just get all the lower years drooling over the boys that come into the sixth form which is funny :tongue:

EDIT: I just realised its for year 11 prom, whoops :redface: but nonetheless its prom anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
ooh sounds different but nice :tongue:, we're going to a posh hotel in London for ours but at a cost of £60 :redface: hopefully should be worth it though!

Nothing special tbh, you just get all the lower years drooling over the boys that come into the sixth form which is funny :tongue:

Ahh the posh hotel sounds cool! Do you have a prom committee? We're based in London too! :smile:

Hahah I know what you mean. There should be a "Be Aware" signpost outside of my school for every male that enters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish it was my prom last year ): (im at uni now)
This time last year i was getting everything ready and getting so excited, loved noth year 11 and sixth form prom, probably 2 of the best nights ever (:
Original post by Jina
Ahh the posh hotel sounds cool! Do you have a prom committee? We're based in London too! :smile:

Hahah I know what you mean. There should be a "Be Aware" signpost outside of my school for every male that enters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah we had one in both year 11 & this year as well, lets just say its a bit of a clash of opinions :redface:

ahahaha that's so true! They don't know what they're letting themselves in for :lol:
Reply 13
Original post by NatashaLee
I wish it was my prom last year ): (im at uni now)
This time last year i was getting everything ready and getting so excited, loved noth year 11 and sixth form prom, probably 2 of the best nights ever (:

Haha really? Did you pay more attention to prom or upcoming exams?! I've bought the dress and just left it in the cupboard for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
yeah we had one in both year 11 & this year as well, lets just say its a bit of a clash of opinions :redface:

ahahaha that's so true! They don't know what they're letting themselves in for :lol:

Ahh you're in sixth form now?! Lol that makes me glad my teachers are organising prom, it's best prom decisions are not left to certain individuals in my year. Haha

They really don't. Its the teachers I feel most sorry for, having to watch the girls and be subjected to stalking and crushing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I go to an all girls school. But there is also a boys school with the same name as us, so major events like prom, sports day etc happen together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Haha really? Did you pay more attention to prom or upcoming exams?! I've bought the dress and just left it in the cupboard for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

erm well for sixth form prom definitely more about exams, but me and my friends would go to shopping every month and do prom shopping for shoes and jewellery and stuff which was nice.

Not too sure about my year 11, for that one i had a dress made so i never did the prom dress shopping, and i picked up my jewellery and accessories on a trip on Blackpool, so that one was pretty all done and sorted whereas my sixth form one i felt i did more shopping around haha

Both good though :smile:
Original post by Jina
Ahh you're in sixth form now?! Lol that makes me glad my teachers are organising prom, it's best prom decisions are not left to certain individuals in my year. Haha

They really don't. Its the teachers I feel most sorry for, having to watch the girls and be subjected to stalking and crushing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah year 13, after this week, I only have 6 weeks (30 days) left of school ever :eek3:

In a way its good that we get to plan it because it means we won't get stuck in a rubbish hall & stuff, its just that our party planner is pretty pathetic :redface:
Reply 18
Original post by laylarose
My school are having a prom at the Oval Cricket Ground in August... not going because I don't want to dance with a bunch of *****.

Nah, just kidding. I'll be on holiday. But that reason too.

Haha maybe that is the better alternative for you! :smile: which country you heading to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it'll be ok, but a lot of people say it's not as good as most people expect. I'm only going because I feel like I should, even though I don't want to see half the people cause I dislike them, and the people I'm friends with I'll still see anyway..

It's on the 17th May, which I kind of find annoying. I think it should be after the exams so we can concentrate on them and then celebrate that they're over. Currently it's only one week into the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending