The Student Room Group

Girls: Do you like being given flowers?

Scroll to see replies

Nobody's ever got me flowers before, everyone seems to think that it's 'too traditional and boring' :cry2:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Nobody's ever got me flowers before, everyone seems to think that it's 'too traditional and boring' :cry2:

The reason I got slightly worried about getting her flowers is that it's seen as 'soppy romance' and 'overly traditional' additionally'plain and tasteless' :/
I've tried to pick her favourite colors out for the flowers but I don't want to get her an expensive gift (e.g necklace, clothes or whatever else it may be) I just wanted to give her a small gesture to remind her that I'm thinking about her throughout the day and a reminder that I love her.
I just hope she isn't one of the few that think the idea is silly :frown:
Original post by TreeOfKnowledge
The reason I got slightly worried about getting her flowers is that it's seen as 'soppy romance' and 'overly traditional' additionally'plain and tasteless' :/
I've tried to pick her favourite colors out for the flowers but I don't want to get her an expensive gift (e.g necklace, clothes or whatever else it may be) I just wanted to give her a small gesture to remind her that I'm thinking about her throughout the day and a reminder that I love her.
I just hope she isn't one of the few that think the idea is silly :frown:

Perfect solution: Why not get her a tiny tree?

Jade trees are quite cheap, yet pretty, and last forever. Plus there's all these cute stories about them.
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Perfect solution: Why not get her a tiny tree?

Jade trees are quite cheap, yet pretty, and last forever. Plus there's all these cute stories about them.

That's a really good suggestion! Thanks I'll keep it in mind for future gifts! :smile:
I prefer CDs or concert tickets. Or good old chocolate

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yes, we really, really do!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 126
I know i do :smile:

Especially as a random gesture!
Reply 127
Flowers are always lovely but they also seem like a waste of money - they die and most of them are farmed with underpaid workers.

Check out the 'Real Flower Jewellery' www.silverflowers.co.uk
This makes the perfect gift and if my boyfriend found and bought me this, before I found and bought it myself I would think he was the most thoughtful person EVER!

There is stuff made with real Poppy flowers, forget me nots', roses etc - its all made with real silver and it's not expensive CHEAPER THAN A BUNCH OF FLOWERS!!! Flowers cost 25 - 60 pounds this jewellery costs 20 pounds to 39!
Check out guys if your looking to impress any lady!
Reply 128
Oh and they do free UK delivery I've been telling everyone lol
www.silverflowers.co.uk
I bought some recently and am in love with it.
I would love it if A)I had a boyfriend B) He brought me flowers :biggrin:
Original post by shemesh
Flowers are always lovely but they also seem like a waste of money - they die and most of them are farmed with underpaid workers.

This makes the perfect gift and if my boyfriend found and bought me this, before I found and bought it myself I would think he was the most thoughtful person EVER!

There is stuff made with real Poppy flowers, forget me nots', roses etc - its all made with real silver and it's not expensive CHEAPER THAN A BUNCH OF FLOWERS!!! Flowers cost 25 - 60 pounds this jewellery costs 20 pounds to 39!

Sixty quid for flowers!? Three quid for a lovely bunch at Tesco.
Never been given flowers before, secretly I would swoon if a guy gave me some daisies (even if he'd just picked 'em from the side of the road) and Bastilles new album :colondollar:
Reply 132
Original post by shemesh

They are lovely, but you seem to not post about anything else...
Eh, flowers themselves are alright - I happily live without them :-) However, the value of flowers isn't the actual bunch themselves, but the thought which girlfriends appreciate.
I think it's lovely to give flowers to someone.
I've stopped buying flowers for anyone, girls have this annoying habit of getting suspicious when you buy them and think you've done something wrong. Which means they don't get any flowers at all. :huff:
It would be cute but not as a main present because you can't do much with flowers. Just make sure to check the 'message' of the flowers, some types mean divorce or break up :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
My ex gave me roses when I recieved my degree results
I wasn't expecting them and it was so sweet
Even though my mum thinks its silly when I get them for her as they just wilt and die. I find it a safe option for occasions or as a random sweet gesture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Yes! It's really sweet and something guys don't usually think to do. Make sure she's not allergic though, some with hayfever etc can have bad reactions with some flowers for example lillies have really strong pollen!
Original post by on-acid
As a spontaneous, out-of-the-blue kind of gift, yes, LOVE it. :biggrin: It's just one of those little gestures that lets the girl know you've been thinking of them.

Apart from that, flowers for anniversaries or valentines or birthdays or any other special occasions are good - BUT I would suggest you couple the flowers with something else. Because flowers die, and as a girl, I'd like to be able to keep things that remind me of those special events. :smile:

stick them in the freezer before they turn ****ty, defrost for special occasions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending