The Student Room Group

Nottingham or York offer holders this year ?

Anyone planning to firm Nottingham or York this 2013 ?

I'm currently 21 (going to be 22 in May) and quite concerned about mature life in these two Uni.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Got two brothers on my Access course both going to York to study Psychology this year.
Reply 2
Original post by Lethorio
Got two brothers on my Access course both going to York to study Psychology this year.

Have they firmed York yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I think they have, but I'm not entirely sure.
Reply 4
Original post by Lethorio
I think they have, but I'm not entirely sure.

Thank you !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just firmed my offer at Nottingham, York is my insurance. To do Psychology.
Reply 6
Original post by Oakleysworld
Just firmed my offer at Nottingham, York is my insurance. To do Psychology.

Glad to hear that !!. I'm very reluctant between these two since all offers are all unconditional and similar in terms of popularity. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prospective UK
Glad to hear that !!. I'm very reluctant between these two since all offers are all unconditional and similar in terms of popularity. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it came down to location for me. York is in the middle of nowhere, 3 hour drive from where I currently live!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yeah, it came down to location for me. York is in the middle of nowhere, 3 hour drive from where I currently live!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great !! I'm leaning toward York right now but not so sure whether there are any mature students here. I'm 21 right now and quite worried about this. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prospective UK
Great !! I'm leaning toward York right now but not so sure whether there are any mature students here. I'm 21 right now and quite worried about this. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, no worries! I'm 23! And also worried about lack of other mature students. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, no worries! I'm 23! And also worried about lack of other mature students. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great !! We are in the same generation !! ^_^

By the way, have you thought about your preferred college yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

York is not in the middle of nowhere (coming from a York student who has to travel for 5 hours to get home).

OP, any mature students go to York and they're really not seen as different to non-mature students. Generally if you don't say so, no one will notice.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
York is not in the middle of nowhere (coming from a York student who has to travel for 5 hours to get home).

OP, any mature students go to York and they're really not seen as different to non-mature students. Generally if you don't say so, no one will notice.

Well, that was meant with a fair deal of hyperbole. I'd just prefer, personally, to be closer to my friends and family. Nottingham is only an hour and a half away, and I already have friends in that area - not true for York. That's all. York was lovely when I visited.
Well, that was meant with a fair deal of hyperbole. I'd just prefer, personally, to be closer to my friends and family. Nottingham is only an hour and a half away, and I already have friends in that area - not true for York. That's all. York was lovely when I visited.

Totally understand where you're coming from. Upon reflection of my post I sound rather harsh, which I never wanted. For that, I apologise.

Have an amazing time in Nottingham! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending