The Student Room Group

Tuition Funding Eligibility

Hi everyone,

Question, if I already have a BSc and I want to study a BA would I still be eligible for funding? I do understand that they are both degrees BUT one is science and the other is arts ... does it matter?
Original post by KyleXC
Hi everyone,

Question, if I already have a BSc and I want to study a BA would I still be eligible for funding? I do understand that they are both degrees BUT one is science and the other is arts ... does it matter?

Hello KyleXC,

Unfortunately its the 'level' of study that is taken into account not what the discipline is. As these are both at Bachelors level these are considered an Equal or Lower Qualification (ELQ) so you would not be able to access standard funding from Student Finance.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by KyleXC
Hi everyone,

If you're going to study Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry etc then yes you'll get funding. However if you're going to study anything else, then no you won't get funding.
Reply 3
Oh I see, thanks for your replies!
Reply 4
what if he had a degree and then wanted to study a masters...would there be funding available from the student finance
Original post by gcler03
what if he had a degree and then wanted to study a masters...would there be funding available from the student finance

Hello gcler03, currently there is no funding available from Student Finance for most Masters courses (not counting PGCE).

(The exception to this are "combined" courses where your Undergraduate element and Master's element are all part of the same course. For this you would apply to UCAS to do a 4 year course before you started university. If you already have a degree though this wouldn't be an option as it counts as an equivalent level.)

You are still eligible for Disabled Students Allowance for Masters courses from Student Finance. There is no other statutory funding, although different Universities have scholarships available and their maybe funding from charities, trusts or the Research Councils to help cover the cost of a Masters.

All the best! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending