The Student Room Group

Current Year Assesment

So on the form which you print off, at the top it asks for personal details and customer reference?
Is this my parents details or my (students) details? Most ridiculous question ever I know don't want to get it wrong!
Original post by Rainbows!
So on the form which you print off, at the top it asks for personal details and customer reference?
Is this my parents details or my (students) details? Most ridiculous question ever I know don't want to get it wrong!

Hello Rainbows!,

If its the one titled "Current Year Income Assessment Form - Academic Year ......" it is the details of your parents if you are classed as a dependent student as it is their income you are providing.

The form can also be used by independent students who are requesting a current year assessment, so that might be why it doesn't specifically state 'student' or 'parent' customer reference.

If you are using this to apply for Student Finance for a year of your course starting this September, could you just check at the top it says Academic Year 2013/14 and not 2012/13 as well.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by The University of Sheffield
Hello Rainbows!,

If its the one titled "Current Year Income Assessment Form - Academic Year ......" it is the details of your parents if you are classed as a dependent student as it is their income you are providing.

The form can also be used by independent students who are requesting a current year assessment, so that might be why it doesn't specifically state 'student' or 'parent' customer reference.

If you are using this to apply for Student Finance for a year of your course starting this September, could you just check at the top it says Academic Year 2013/14 and not 2012/13 as well.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thats fantastic! Yeah I am classed as a dependent student :smile:

I will make sure it says 2013-2014. Will this need to be submitted as soon as possible?
Thats fantastic! Yeah I am classed as a dependent student :smile:

I will make sure it says 2013-2014. Will this need to be submitted as soon as possible?

You have until the 31 May 2013 if your starting your course in September or 28 June 213 if your already at university and continuing on next year. This is for getting the main part of your application sorted.

You would apply as normal providing all your details and also income details for 2011/12 before these dates.

You can then submit a current year assessment but only after you have submitted all the other information. We would advise you to do this as soon as possible.
The current year assessment is not available yet to download so there is no urgency just yet however. This is also why we asked you to check that it said it was for 2013/14 seeing as though its not widely available :wink:
Reply 4
You have until the 31 May 2013 if your starting your course in September or 28 June 213 if your already at university and continuing on next year. This is for getting the main part of your application sorted.

You would apply as normal providing all your details and also income details for 2011/12 before these dates.

You can then submit a current year assessment but only after you have submitted all the other information. We would advise you to do this as soon as possible.
The current year assessment is not available yet to download so there is no urgency just yet however. This is also why we asked you to check that it said it was for 2013/14 seeing as though its not widely available :wink:

I got the download link from the student finance website lol :frown:
I got the download link from the student finance website lol :frown:

You might be ahead of us then! :biggrin:

At the moment we expect the form to be placed here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-full-time/income-details/year-1314

At the minute it says "Current tax year - income details form, Available April 2013"

This is for Student Finance England, if your applying to one of the devolved nations some of their forms are available already.

All the best!
Reply 6
You might be ahead of us then! :biggrin:

At the moment we expect the form to be placed here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-full-time/income-details/year-1314

At the minute it says "Current tax year - income details form, Available April 2013"

This is for Student Finance England, if your applying to one of the devolved nations some of their forms are available already.

All the best!

Thank you for your help! It has been great :smile:
Thank you for your help! It has been great :smile:

Always happy to help out, we wish you the very best of luck with your studies (and Student Finance application!) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending