The Student Room Group

Part-time job in 3rd year of uni?

I've had a 7.5 hour job through 1st and 2nd year of uni which I managed absolutely fine with but recently I have applied for a 15 hour job. Do you think this is do-able through 3rd year? Or should I just stick with my 7.5 hour job? I really don't know what to do. :frown:
Anyone? Has anyone managed to do well in 3rd year with a 15 or so hour job?
Reply 2
Original post by Im-no-supergirl
Anyone? Has anyone managed to do well in 3rd year with a 15 or so hour job?

I did about 15 - 20 hours during my last year of uni, so two days a week. I started off doing three so about 24 hours but it was too much so I dropped down to two and that was fine. I passed my degree ok so it shouldn't be a problem as long as you're organized.
Original post by xJessx
I did about 15 - 20 hours during my last year of uni, so two days a week. I started off doing three so about 24 hours but it was too much so I dropped down to two and that was fine. I passed my degree ok so it shouldn't be a problem as long as you're organized.

Thankyou! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Im-no-supergirl
Thankyou! :smile:

No problem!! Although, my life during last year was not terribly exciting lol :wink:
Out of sheer desperation for money I christmas temped in a shop from early November until Christmas Eve, working between 20 and 35 hours alongside my final year studies back in 2011. I was lucky in that none of my modules required coursework at that time, so I could do it all over the holidays and January. I actually found working very therapeutic as it gave me something completely unrelated to my studies to focus on. Then, when I came back from work physically exhausted, university work suddenly became all the more appealing as it stimulated me mentally (something I didn't get much of at work). It's an individual thing at the end of the day. If you find your hours overwhelming once you've started, then you can always ask to cut down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending