The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton primary education

I had my interview 3 weeks ago on Thursday however I am still waiting for a reply? Anyone who relieved an offer could you tell me how long it took after your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I heard two weeks after my interview. But I was in the first lot of interviews when there wouldn't have been so many people to get through! If you're really worried, phone them and ask how long they think they'll be :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Aw okay Ill just hold tight and wait and see then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Have you done your qts skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Sadiejanex
Aw okay Ill just hold tight and wait and see then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Sadiejanex
Have you done your qts skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome :smile:
And yeah, I passed them in January :smile:
Reply 5
Well done! :smile: did you pass first time? Mine are at the end of April I'm so nervous for the maths!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeah I did. Seriously, don't worry about them. About 2 weeks before my test, I had a full-on melt down and was convinced I couldn't do it. The next day, I set about revising like crazy. Just make sure you know your times tables :smile:
Reply 7
Yep I'm at that melt down stage now haha. Just have to get revising I think! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Do you have the books? I did every single question in the maths one and then did 2 maths practice tests every evening in the week leading up to the real thing. By the evening before, I was getting almost 100% :smile:
Reply 9
I have the passing the skills test book, which I'm going through bit by bit. Is there no other practise papers apart from the ones on the education gov website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, just the four of them, but I didn't feel that hindered my learning :smile:
Reply 11
Aw okay ill keep practising with them then :smile: what Unis have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Durham, Reading, Leeds Met, Brighton and Chichester. I got rejections from Durham, Reading and Leeds, and offers after interview from Brighton and Chichester. I'm off to Chi in September :smile:
What about you?
Reply 13
Glad to hear that meltdowns are the norm. I am cacking myself at the thought of my numeracy test in 2 weeks. I have ordered the book, downloaded the info on the education.gov website and am getting every family member to ask me random times table questions at every opportunity!
Reply 14
Original post by lascelles
I applied to Durham, Reading, Leeds Met, Brighton and Chichester. I got rejections from Durham, Reading and Leeds, and offers after interview from Brighton and Chichester. I'm off to Chi in September :smile:
What about you?

Aw nice :smile: Ive had interview for greenwhich, Brighton, Middlesex and Hertfordshire.
I got an offer from greenwhich and Hertfordshire but still waiting for Middlesex and Brighton.
I want to go to Hertfordshire though so just got to get the grades now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by MrsJanocki
Glad to hear that meltdowns are the norm. I am cacking myself at the thought of my numeracy test in 2 weeks. I have ordered the book, downloaded the info on the education.gov website and am getting every family member to ask me random times table questions at every opportunity!

Yeah mines in 2 weeks too! I am not looking forward to it one bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just reading these posts out of curiosity! Ha ha. I'm on the primary ed 5-11 course at Brighton uni :smile: in my third year and failed my maths skills test recently so its good that you're getting them out of the way now!! Passed my literacy though but yeah so much better to deal with them before starting the course.
Reply 17
Yeah no it's good we do them before to get it out of the way, but it's so hard! Well done for your English but that's a shame about your maths! Did you miss it by much? I'm definitely going to have to retake it ha! How are you enjoying the course by the way? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Got an offer for Brighton today :smile: after 3 weeks of waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending