The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by Bude8
You shouldn't just assume that really, anyone can regurgitate a bit of jargon.
It's not that hard anyway :tongue:

I believe in you Bude! But fine, you're not clever......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
We had (I've done the ones with [x]):

English Language [x]
Maths [x]
Science (Core + Additional) [x] [x]
Geography [x]
History
Art
ICT (top set was put on a BTEC for some reason:s-smilie:)
IFS [x]

Everything else was BTEC and History was filled up- plus I cannot draw at all... >_<

We still don't have RE or English Literature and we only got Additional Science this year...

Wow :frown:
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Whats the difference between a grammar school and a normal one?
#justcurious

More GCSE's to take and no BS BTECs, more people actually want to learn, better teachers, etc...

I'm from a state school and its annoying that the teachers don't bother with you as soon as you achieve a C :|

Basically, if you excel academically, a grammar school can build-up on it willingly instead of being ahead of a "slow" pack of people who don't want to learn...

Ask for someone's opinion who's from a grammar school, I'm just judging things from my personal experience
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Whats the difference between a grammar school and a normal one?
#justcurious

I go to one, not that different really, you just have to do a test to get in- but they're not private. I suppose cuz where I live there are quite a few they are more normal...
We had (I've done the ones with [x]):

English Language [x]
Maths [x]
Science (Core + Additional) [x] [x]
Geography [x]
History
Art
ICT (top set was put on a BTEC for some reason:s-smilie:)
IFS [x]

Everything else was BTEC and History was filled up- plus I cannot draw at all... >_<

We still don't have RE or English Literature and we only got Additional Science this year...

How can you not have English lit? :lolwut:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Wow :frown:

Yeah, it sucks...:frown:

What about you? What're you taking?
Original post by Jina
I believe in you Bude! But fine, you're not clever......

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't assume that either :tongue:
Reply 1787

It's easier to just visit his profile. Honestly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
How can you not have English lit? :lolwut:

Put it this way, I didn't even know there was another English GCSE until a supply teacher compared us to a private school :s-smilie:
Reply 1789
Original post by Bude8
You shouldn't assume that either :tongue:

Lol leave me alone! I retract my comment....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good evening comrades!

~We live in an age of smart phones and stupid people.
More GCSE's to take and no BS BTECs, more people actually want to learn, better teachers, etc...

I'm from a state school and its annoying that the teachers don't bother with you as soon as you achieve a C :|

Basically, if you excel academically, a grammar school can build-up on it willingly instead of being ahead of a "slow" pack of people who don't want to learn...

As for someone's opinion who's from a grammar school, I'm just judging things from my personal experience

The thing you said about state schools and Cs is so true. As long as people get 5 As-Cs they dont seem to really care.
The amount of help people who are in danger of not getting the 5 GCSEs get so much more help and resources than the rest of us. :frown:
Original post by Jina
It's easier to just visit his profile. Honestly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: Just seen it... Wow.
Original post by Meliss
Good evening comrades!

Good afternoon, Friend :smile:

A fair bit, check my profile :smile:
How revision going everyone? Or not, perhaps? :tongue:
Reply 1796
The thing you said about state schools and Cs is so true. As long as people get 5 As-Cs they dont seem to really care.
The amount of help people who are in danger of not getting the 5 GCSEs get so much more help and resources than the rest of us. :frown:

That is so true! They're taken on trips and kept happy, taken on residentials just so they commit to getting a C. :/ but thankfully, we also have streaming in our school so the top set classes are allowed access to A-A* content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1797
Original post by Peaches & Cream
How revision going everyone? Or not, perhaps? :tongue:

Religious attitudes towards sex outside of marriage. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good afternoon, Friend :smile:

How does thou fare? :biggrin:

True, and what they don't realise is that we're up against people with about 10+ GCSE's at B<. Its annoying to see them get help from teachers and then treat them like absolute ****:frown:

Latest