The Student Room Group

Didn't tell SF about repeat year

Hey :smile:

I am just about to finish repeating my first year of university after failing due to extenuating circumstances. I originally intended to resubmit the coursework I'd missed last summer, but eventually just decided to repeat the whole year. It was late August by the time I decided to repeat, and I'd already sent in all my Student Finance forms for the following year months ago.
It was only recently, during filling in the SF forms for next year that I realised I'd made the mistake of never informing SF about my repeat year. It had just gone straight over my head, because I'd sorted out all my finance months before deciding to repeat, I completely forgot about letting them know.
A really, really stupid oversight on my part, I was just wondering if anyone had been in this situation before, or if anyone had any advice on whether this might get me in trouble and affect my funding. I'm really worried about being refused any future funding.

Original post by jonah'd
Hey :smile:

I am just about to finish repeating my first year of university after failing due to extenuating circumstances. I originally intended to resubmit the coursework I'd missed last summer, but eventually just decided to repeat the whole year. It was late August by the time I decided to repeat, and I'd already sent in all my Student Finance forms for the following year months ago.
It was only recently, during filling in the SF forms for next year that I realised I'd made the mistake of never informing SF about my repeat year. It had just gone straight over my head, because I'd sorted out all my finance months before deciding to repeat, I completely forgot about letting them know.
A really, really stupid oversight on my part, I was just wondering if anyone had been in this situation before, or if anyone had any advice on whether this might get me in trouble and affect my funding. I'm really worried about being refused any future funding.

You should phone SFE ASAP, as it could potentially affect the funding for the rest of your course. Though I'm not 100% sure. When I wanted to repeat a year, they wouldn't pay fee's for the repeat.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
You should phone SFE ASAP, as it could potentially affect the funding for the rest of your course. Though I'm not 100% sure. When I wanted to repeat a year, they wouldn't pay fee's for the repeat.

I'm with SFW, sorry, I should have mentioned.

Did they tell you why they wouldn't fund your repeat year? It's not even just that I'm worried about, I'm worried about them completely stopping my funding because I didn't inform them about the repeat.
Original post by jonah'd
I'm with SFW, sorry, I should have mentioned.

Did they tell you why they wouldn't fund your repeat year? It's not even just that I'm worried about, I'm worried about them completely stopping my funding because I didn't inform them about the repeat.

It doesn't matter if it's SFW or SFE I believe the rules are the same.

I didn't have enough funding for my extra year, which is why I didn't get it.

You really need to call them, as there will be discrepancies in your application either this year or next year, as it asks you to state which year you are in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending