The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by megfashion
ive done some revision but mostly coursework.

my last deadline is the end of april.

first TWO exams are 13th may.

NO TIME!! -.-

same hardly done any revision

been doing coursework for english

my first exam is may 13th as well!
Original post by sammyvine
same hardly done any revision

been doing coursework for english

my first exam is may 13th as well!

ahah yes im doing coursework for english too! 1500 words on the representation of old age in king lear n this partner text. i have a certain finger for frickin king lear n the partner text.

blah.

i am doing music as n media as on the 13th. they are both at the same time, but at separate schools!! (im an external candidate for music. which is in watford. about an hour away. lol.)
Reply 262
ahah yes im doing coursework for english too! 1500 words on the representation of old age in king lear n this partner text. i have a certain finger for frickin king lear n the partner text.

blah.

i am doing music as n media as on the 13th. they are both at the same time, but at separate schools!! (im an external candidate for music. which is in watford. about an hour away. lol.)

ahh sucks. good luck. X

what exams are on the 13th?
Original post by sammyvine
ahh sucks. good luck. X

what exams are on the 13th?

music and media :frown: both AS resits

yes. i am edging on just accepting a U in that piece. haha.
Original post by LaughingGas
Correct :smile:

It provides support for the xylem vessels so that they don't collapse inwards.

It keeps the xylem vessels waterproofed, this stops any water leaking out.

Lignin kills the xylem cells, this allows for an uninterrupted flow of water through the xylem vessels.

I think that's right :smile:

Explain why the movement of water in the xylem stops if the leaves of a plant are removed. [4 marks]

Got my revision guide today :biggrin: wooo!

In response to your last question: There Is no longer a transpiration stream to the water cannot be "drawn" up the xylem. ( I know this is not going to get full 4 marks. Is that a pastpaper question? :smile: )

Okay here's one: Explain the role of the Golgi apparatus [3 marks]

EDIT: Really sorry about the delayed reply!picture201.jpg:lo:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deziah
I've got two OCR biology, one OCR A chemistry, edexcel core one and core two, and one AQA French speaking and one AQA French unit one. D;
Yourself? :-)

Wow good luck!

I've got:
Edexcel: Core 2, Stats 1, Further Pure 1, Mechanics 2, & Econ Unit 2
OCR: Physics Unit 1 :colondollar:

What's French like? :smile: Sometimes I wish I did it :daydreaming:
Reply 266
10hrs, atleast at uni level.
Reply 267
started at 12 again today

keep getting distracted

OH LOOK IM ON TSR AGAIN

-.-

this essay just isnt gonna be written...

I know exactly what you mean :biggrin:
Original post by BC95
I know exactly what you mean :biggrin:

haha. n its like i dont want to block it coz i dont want to feel constrained (that makes me feel worse bout revising n it doesnt happen!!)

ive managed to do a psychology essay.... and 100 words of the english essay... out of 1500 words....
Reply 269
haha. n its like i dont want to block it coz i dont want to feel constrained (that makes me feel worse bout revising n it doesnt happen!!)

ive managed to do a psychology essay.... and 100 words of the english essay... out of 1500 words....

at times though TSR has been incredibly useful with revision and talking to others about how they revise :smile:
Reply 270
Original post by upthegunners
Got my revision guide today :biggrin: wooo!

In response to your last question: There Is no longer a transpiration stream to the water cannot be "drawn" up the xylem. ( I know this is not going to get full 4 marks. Is that a pastpaper question? :smile: )

Okay here's one: Explain the role of the Golgi apparatus [3 marks]

EDIT: Really sorry about the delayed reply!picture201.jpg:lo:

The response to the question was fine, that's the idea of the response. The question is an exam question from the CGP book lol :biggrin:

The Golgi Apparatus processes and packages new lipids and proteins. It also makes lysosomes to digest invading cells or break down worm out components of a cell. (I remember that so well from the CGP book :biggrin:)

Explain what is meant by the term tissue [1 mark]
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by BC95
at times though TSR has been incredibly useful with revision and talking to others about how they revise :smile:

yer thats true :smile: however thats about 1/5 of the time... haha...
Coursework is a deadly time consumer. I can't afford to mess it up as it's pre-u and is 25% of the grade :-( I just need ro finish it, then set daily targets. I plan to do 4 hours a day from tomorrow, then to maintain that after school every day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The response to the question was fine, that's the idea of the response. The question is an exam question from the CGP book lol :biggrin:

The Golgi Apparatus processes and packages new lipids and proteins. It also makes lysosomes to digest invading cells or break down worm out components of a cell. (I remember that so well from the CGP book :biggrin:)

Explain what is meant by the term tissue [1 mark]

A collection of cells performing a particular function.

Describe the process of expiration [3marks]
Pi hours
probably averaging about 6 hours a day. Thing is I am generally quite slow at making revision notes because of my need to understand every fine detail of what I am learning, also meaning I go off on tangents in trying to understand things I don't actually need to know for the exam.
Reply 276
A collection of cells performing a particular function.

Describe the process of expiration [3marks]

Correct

The intercostal and diaphragm muscles relax. The rib cage moves downwards and inwards and the diaphragm becomes a curved shape. The volume of the thorax decreases and this in turn causes an increase air pressure, this forces the air out of the lungs.

Describe the function of:

a) the sino-atrial node? [1 mark]
b) the Purkyne tissue? [1 mark]
Correct

The intercostal and diaphragm muscles relax. The rib cage moves downwards and inwards and the diaphragm becomes a curved shape. The volume of the thorax decreases and this in turn causes an increase air pressure, this forces the air out of the lungs.

Describe the function of:

a) the sino-atrial node? [1 mark]
b) the Purkyne tissue? [1 mark]

a) Receives an electrical pulse which coordinates the pumping action of the heart
b) Specialized tissue which runs down the heart downwards the apex and carries the electrical pulse from the SVN and AVN :s-smilie: or something like that..

Define the term 'Resolution' [2marks]
Reply 278
a) Receives an electrical pulse which coordinates the pumping action of the heart
b) Specialized tissue which runs down the heart downwards the apex and carries the electrical pulse from the SVN and AVN :s-smilie: or something like that..

Define the term 'Resolution' [2marks]

Corrrrrrrreeect! :biggrin:

How well a microscope can distinguish between two points that are close together.

State the difference between competitive and non-competitive enzyme inhibitors [2 marks]
Reply 279
yer thats true :smile: however thats about 1/5 of the time... haha...

haha so what subjects are you revising for ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending