The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leah_morgan
I need to get BBB at A level, but I'm predicted AAAB, so hopefully I'll get in :biggrin:
Fair play to them, they have made New College such a strong department. Even though it is a tiny subject, it's so respected in Edinburgh and really reflects the standard of Edinburgh as a university.
Their is absolutely amazing, I was amazed!
That's like in Cardiff, you don;t have to do theology modules for the "Theology" element of your degree :P
I'm so excited! Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Sounds promising then, and I guess this can only act as encouragement for you!
They really have it's such a great department I just can't wait to be a part of it!
Ahaha it's so weird, i guess they just try to make it as wide a degree as possible so that people can go into different professions etc
Yeah I applied today, I only live like an hour outside of Edinburgh but the thought of traveling 2-3 hours on a bus each day doesn't sound exciting. I applied for the sort of cheapish ones because I know i'll be spending money on a bunch of other stuff next year, how about yourself?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by jaynnmmmhouse
sup everyone!!!!

does anyone know about the outside subjects thing for the first two years? I didn't even realise there was such a thing when I applied, literally only found out recently. But now I'm intrigued and excited, its a real bonus for me :biggrin:

so when do we get to pick them?

I don't know lots of stuff about it and it's all dependent on which course you actually take, but apparently you'll get assigned a sort of "tutor" person (that's not their official title but yeah anyway) they'll talk you through your options and it's some point during freshers week that you will pick them. Obviously some might not be possible due to clashes etc but it really is a cool opportunity and lets you keep your options open :biggrin:
Reply 22
Firmed for Celtic. :smile:
Reply 23
Definitely firming for Politics & Sociology, still waiting for Warwick though!
Do you think I should withdraw so that I can arrange my accommodation at Edinburgh?
Have any of you already applied?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by joanneeee__
Sounds promising then, and I guess this can only act as encouragement for you!
They really have it's such a great department I just can't wait to be a part of it!
Ahaha it's so weird, i guess they just try to make it as wide a degree as possible so that people can go into different professions etc
Yeah I applied today, I only live like an hour outside of Edinburgh but the thought of traveling 2-3 hours on a bus each day doesn't sound exciting. I applied for the sort of cheapish ones because I know i'll be spending money on a bunch of other stuff next year, how about yourself?

Yeah it is really encouraging :smile:
Me neither, it's going to be so much fun!!
Plus you'll get the full uni experience too if you live in halls too :smile: I've tired for rather cheap ones. I've applied to Darroch Court and Kincaid Court, they're rather central and within walking distance to George Square and New College :smile:
Original post by leah_morgan
Yeah it is really encouraging :smile:
Me neither, it's going to be so much fun!!
Plus you'll get the full uni experience too if you live in halls too :smile: I've tired for rather cheap ones. I've applied to Darroch Court and Kincaid Court, they're rather central and within walking distance to George Square and New College :smile:

Ahaha yep it's weird to think that it's not that far away now!
Yeah that's kind of how I've been looking at it, I don't want to miss out on the experience simply to save money, I might regret it in the future but hopefully I'll have a good time during it :smile:
Oh I was looking at Kincaid although I don't think I put it down I put New Arthur Place, Robertstons Close and I can't remember the other one:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Starnberg
Firmed for Philosophy & Politics

Me too! Congrats
Reply 27
Firmed for English Literature:biggrin:
So Excited!!!!!!
Firmed for biology :smile: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Firmed for Spanish, have to get AAA though! really excited but also worried I won't get the grades
Reply 30
Firmed for architecture :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
firmed for law and French :smile:
Reply 32
Firmed for chemistry :smile: did anyone elae get the email through euclid that said they had to send copies certificates of qualifications of earlier exams for verification. Is this only of it comes up in clearance checks or does everyone have to do it? I'm a scottish applicant :smile: I hope that made sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firming for History and Classics.
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Firming for History and Classics.

Firmed for international business. Dunt know if its a good program or not. How about accommodation guys? Where did u apply?
Reply 35
Original post by emma_1995
Firmed for chemistry :smile: did anyone elae get the email through euclid that said they had to send copies certificates of qualifications of earlier exams for verification. Is this only of it comes up in clearance checks or does everyone have to do it? I'm a scottish applicant :smile: I hope that made sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, you have to send copies :smile: I just replied to the message and attached scans of my certificates
Original post by Gnome :)
Yep, you have to send copies :smile: I just replied to the message and attached scans of my certificates

Is it just a copy of your 4th and 5th year certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Gnome :)

Reply 38
Firmed for Maths :tongue:

I've applied for my accommodation... Beaverbank - Mansion Fountainbridge - Chalmers Street
Reply 39
Original post by RavenclawRiver
Is it just a copy of your 4th and 5th year certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from England so it's different here. I think you send the certificated of all the exams you put on UCAS. For me that was GCSEs and AS levels.

Latest

Trending

Trending